• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Police is not Deployed to Disperse Crowd when MRT breakdown? why double standard?

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOE to give students more time to buy uniforms after crowding incident outside Ang Mo Kio shop
ycuniformb291220.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
They only moved in 2018. Cannot stand Canada.

I cannot move back anymore. I renounced sinkie citizenship in 2015.
So she and her family would rather come back and embrace the shit that made them moved out in the first place.

You made a good decision. So don't look back. Can always come back to visit.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So she and her family would rather come back and embrace the shit that made them moved out in the first place.

You made a good decision. So don't look back. Can always come back to visit.

Dunno lah. It is just her and husband. I tried my best to help. I bought a house let them stay in it for free. They just pay the utilities.

Husband had a job from day one. He was lucky got the job before even moving to Canada.

Sister moved about 3 months after but took her about 1 year plus to find a job. They keep complaining the taxes are too high and they cannot make a living with their combined salaries. (they were making much above minimum wage).

I guess Canada is pretty tough place. Too cold. Food sucks. Taxes high. They said that working in Canada was way way way more stressful and tough than working in Singapore where the pace there is much more relaxed. First time I ever heard that but they attest it is true.

After about 2 years and both having a job now I had to ask them what their plan is. I can't keep letting them stay at the house for free.

They decided to move back to SG where they still have their EC which they did not want to rent out to strangers in the last 2 years for sentimental reasons.

So all is good. They will be much happier in SG. Canada was absolutely miserable for them.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Dunno lah. It is just her and husband. I tried my best to help. I bought a house let them stay in it for free. They just pay the utilities.

Husband had a job from day one. He was lucky got the job before even moving to Canada.

Sister moved about 3 months after but took her about 1 year plus to find a job. They keep complaining the taxes are too high and they cannot make a living with their combined salaries. (they were not making minimum wage).

I guess Canada is pretty tough place. Too cold. Food sucks. Taxes high. They said that working in Canada was way way way more stressful and tough than working in Singapore where the pace there is much more relaxed. First time I ever heard that.

After about 2 years and both having a job I had to ask them what their plan is. I can't keep letting them stay at the house for free.

They decided to move back to SG where they still have their EC which they did not want to rent out to strangers in the last 2 years for sentimental reasons.

So all is good.
Very nice and generous of you to house them for free, and for two years. Seems they did not do their research, hence were unprepared and expected differently. I guess they just want to be enslaved here.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Very nice and generous of you to house them for free, and for two years. Seems they did not do their research, hence were unprepared and expected differently. I guess they just want to be enslaved here.

No leh. They sing praises of Singapore.

Low tax. CPF helps force them to save so they can afford their home (otherwise they will just spend all their money).

Food is good and cheap.

Shopping centres are awesome.

Weather is warm and humid.

Electric bill is cheap. Water bill is cheap.

Work life is much less stressful. Work is more enjoyable and fulfilling as per Maslow's hierarchy eg self actualization

Good stable government. Cheap healthcare.

So many good things in SG.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
No leh. They sing praises of Singapore.

Low tax. CPF helps force them to save so they can afford their home (otherwise they will just spend all their money).

Food is good and cheap.

Shopping centres are awesome.

Weather is warm and humid.

Electric bill is cheap. Water bill is cheap.

Work life is much less stressful. Work is more enjoyable and fulfilling as per Maslow's hierarchy eg self actualization

Good stable government. Cheap healthcare.

So many good things in SG.
KNN if sinkieland is so good, why did they even consider moving over to Canada? But hey, as long as they are happy! :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN if sinkieland is so good, why did they even consider moving over to Canada? But hey, as long as they are happy! :biggrin:

I guess their expectation was to live a very high life in Canada.

The husband bought a Range Rover Evoque. He loves cars. They also enjoy good food and drinks.

But they realised that lifestyle is too expensive in Canada.

So I guess those who want to ham it up, live the life for cheap Singapore is the place to be man!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess wanting a landed property w big backyard garden is not for gen XYZ Asians.

Horrify to known maintaining a big house and a big backyard is a nightmare after 2 years.

No maid or expensive to own one become slave to the house...

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bhai,
Here is better from my village.
No clean water.
No electricity.
Toilet~I rather not elaborate.
Mosquitoes.

"The grass is always greener on the other side" ~ Singh agreed.
Btw, Singh served NS fulltime contract service.

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess their expectation was to live a very high life in Canada.

The husband bought a Range Rover Evoque. He loves cars. They also enjoy good food and drinks.

But they realised that lifestyle is too expensive in Canada.

So I guess those who want to ham it up, live the life for cheap Singapore is the place to be man!

Bhai,
Forgive Singh honest opinion.
Seemed they are living beyond their means.
Singh has good biz~but did not buy car.
Singh thrifty.
Singh saved in POSB.

IMG_20201230_082332.jpg