• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat why Pinky wear Pink?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky.png

Pinky2.png

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
that one quite abandoned for a long time along telok ayer street ,isn't that a mosque? ..that's the one built just a few years after Raffles landing ...now I think is some sort of exhibition hall

the mosque below UOB already existed there way way before ...not too sure about the story ...but when UOB was about to be built ,the preference was a mosque in the same place instead of a piece of land else where ...of course ,my story hear say only lah ,perhaps some other can give a more accurate version

Moulana Mohamed Ali Mosque had its origins at 16 and 18 Market Street, two double-storey shophouses comprising an area of 1660 square feet. The mosque was developed by 3 prominent muslim gentlemen who understood the need to have a place of worship in the central business district.

The mosque was once resituated to its current location in 1994 at the basement of UOB Plaza 1.

https://mothership.sg/2017/12/singapores-underground-mosque/

https://www.straitstimes.com/multim...ure-ep11-only-underground-mosque-in-singapore

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the info. much appreciated. :thumbsup:

really terrible sectarianism. really people are just people.

The Namazie is the same one of Mallal and Namazie?

The sectarianism now is more a result of the Iranian revolution and the jostling of geopolitical influence between KSA and Iran - Iran when it was conquered by the Arabs was originally Sunni but under Shah Ismail I, Safavid Dynasty (who was a Kurd) led the conversion- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/topics/Safavid_conversion_of_Iran_to_Shia_Islam

Yes - same family (another Namazie namesake set up Haq & Namazie with GP Selvam when he stepped down from the bench - there is also Namazie & Co.):

The partnership law firm of Haq Namazie & Selvam dissolved on 23 November 2001.

Mrs Murgiana Haq and Mr Govinda Pannirselvam (both formerly of Haq Namazie & Selvam) have, with effect from 24 November 2001, commenced practice in partnership under the name and style of Haq & Selvam at the following address and contact numbers:
80 Raffles Place
#42-02 UOB Plaza 1
Singapore 048624
Tel: 438 6613
Fax: 438 7383 & 438 7393
E-mail: [email protected]

Ms Bharati Gour, Ms Faizah bte Haji Ahmad Jamal and Mr Yom Yong Chye (all formerly of Haq Namazie & Selvam) have joined Haq & Selvam as legal assistants.

Ms Farah Namazie (formerly of Haq Namazie & Selvam) has, with effect from 1 December 2001, commenced practice solely under the name and style of Namazie & Co at the following address and contact numbers:
9 Battery Road
#09-09/11 Straits Trading Building
Singapore 049910
Tel: 538 9711
Fax: 538 9722 & 358 4837

NMZ1.png

NMZ2.png

NMZ3.png

NMZ4.png

NMZ5.png

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for this post

guess ,I was right all along ...wearing pink is indeed a marketing stategy...agreed by the very horse mouth ...but of course ,Pinky is simply skirting the issue by pointing to the TV producer ..I suppose than it must have been the same TV producer advising his dad LKY and cotton Chan also to wear Pink?

the question I raised is why so ,and my reasoning is pink resonates with feminine voters and PAP is banking on such voters whreas oppies are missing that boat

now ,even in the famous incident when LKY cried on TV during the televised speech at Sinkie separation from Malaysia ...LKY also pointed to a TV producer for having televised that particular scene...whreas ,LKY would not ...but very much later during an interview with Tunku Abdul Rahman ,he did said that he cannot understand why would LKY cry ....was that another marketing stunt aimed at female ?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tere r shia in Msia n Indon too. I used to pray with them at their Masjid behind former Capitol theatre.
yes ,the Shia mosque was just next to the Chinese Chamber building in Hill Street ...always the main gate kept closed ...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for this post

guess ,I was right all along ...wearing pink is indeed a marketing stategy...agreed by the very horse mouth ...but of course ,Pinky is simply skirting the issue by pointing to the TV producer ..I suppose than it must have been the same TV producer advising his dad LKY and cotton Chan also to wear Pink?

the question I raised is why so ,and my reasoning is pink resonates with feminine voters and PAP is banking on such voters whreas oppies are missing that boat

now ,even in the famous incident when LKY cried on TV during the televised speech at Sinkie separation from Malaysia ...LKY also pointed to a TV producer for having televised that particular scene...whreas ,LKY would not ...but very much later during an interview with Tunku Abdul Rahman ,he did said that he cannot understand why would LKY cry ....was that another marketing stunt aimed at female ?

Y LKY cried. Aiyoh...so obvious. My 10yr old nephew also knew the reason. Malay def know the reason.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moulana Mohamed Ali Mosque had its origins at 16 and 18 Market Street, two double-storey shophouses comprising an area of 1660 square feet. The mosque was developed by 3 prominent muslim gentlemen who understood the need to have a place of worship in the central business district.

The mosque was once resituated to its current location in 1994 at the basement of UOB Plaza 1.

https://mothership.sg/2017/12/singapores-underground-mosque/

https://www.straitstimes.com/multim...ure-ep11-only-underground-mosque-in-singapore
thanks for joking my memory...now ,I do recall the mosque location when it was just a shop house ...the whole commercial area use to teem with the Indian Muslims buisness people so I suppose they did needed a mosque nearer to conduct their prayers...just very near to that mosque the fort of the Indian moneylanders, the Chettiars also was there...it's a place they slept and conducted their businesses..subsequently ,when the shop houses were demolished ,the whole lot moved to Tank Road

I knew some of the Chettiars pretty well and do get invited for meals in that place ..normally I provide the bottle of black label and the food is simply out of the world ,really ...no Indian restaurant in sinkie can match it

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women see 2 colours rest of colours blind... pink and purple...

She also like black... why? Attracted to black mah...

apparently ,GMS seems to have mellowed a lot from his days as MADCOW ...purple
good choice ,but whom it would appeal I must research to figure