• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat why Pinky wear Pink?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone knows ?

it simply cannot be because it's his favourite colour

his daddy LKY also was wearing pink shirt during televised speeches....and Pinky did wore pink shirt in some of his important speech given to us sinkie sheep

now ,this cotton Chan also seen wearing pink after making a fool of himself in public

so ,what does this pink colour has that can redeem these political clowns where logic had failed them ?

my guesstimate is , Pink is a colur that appeals to female voters ..and my guess is also ,its this female vote banks that gave them the 70% up swing in the last election ...any swing in female sinkie voting pattern results in PAP winning or losing a constituency ...the 30% ever present opposing votes for PAP by default must be by sinkie male voters

female by nature are emotional creatures ,that's the law of nature ...so,when a minister kisses a baby or he publicly cry and televised ,it's an emotion that appeals to female voters because such behaviour does not cut much ice with male voters

so ,this coming election is again gonna be based on emotional appeals..topic such as jobs, foreigners first before locals ,CPF and HDB,PAP ministers and MPs pay and etc will be dugged deep and exposed by oppies ,but such logical topics may appeal more to male voters ...but male voters ,no matter what ssid and done will still remain only as 50% of the vote banks ...even if 99% male voters votes against the PAP ,the end result will still remain in the hands of female voters

the whole election is a number game ..divided by sexes and than divided racially ..how does each race votes also matters

me think ,PAP has an upper hand in understanding and dividing such voting patterns while oppies are simply barking at the wrong trees

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only LHL ,almost a lot of ministers too ..including cotton Chan, if you care to observe

Wear blue - look like they are WP
Wear red - like TCB's chosen colours
Wear white - too severe.
My recommendation - wear lime green, at least it will complement the clownish comments they make.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How do you measure forecast accuracy?
One simple approach that many forecasters use to measure forecast accuracy is a technique called “Percent Difference” or “Percentage Error”. This is simply the difference between the actual volume and the forecast volume expressed as a percentage.

We did a forecast of 10% votes but accurate 89 times. lol...........

anyone knows ?

it simply cannot be because it's his favourite colour

his daddy LKY also was wearing pink shirt during televised speeches....and Pinky did wore pink shirt in some of his important speech given to us sinkie sheep

now ,this cotton Chan also seen wearing pink after making a fool of himself in public

so ,what does this pink colour has that can redeem these political clowns where logic had failed them ?

my guesstimate is , Pink is a colur that appeals to female voters ..and my guess is also ,its this female vote banks that gave them the 70% up swing in the last election ...any swing in female sinkie voting pattern results in PAP winning or losing a constituency ...the 30% ever present opposing votes for PAP by default must be by sinkie male voters

female by nature are emotional creatures ,that's the law of nature ...so,when a minister kisses a baby or he publicly cry and televised ,it's an emotion that appeals to female voters because such behaviour does not cut much ice with male voters

so ,this coming election is again gonna be based on emotional appeals..topic such as jobs, foreigners first before locals ,CPF and HDB,PAP ministers and MPs pay and etc will be dugged deep and exposed by oppies ,but such logical topics may appeal more to male voters ...but male voters ,no matter what ssid and done will still remain only as 50% of the vote banks ...even if 99% male voters votes against the PAP ,the end result will still remain in the hands of female voters

the whole election is a number game ..divided by sexes and than divided racially ..how does each race votes also matters

me think ,PAP has an upper hand in understanding and dividing such voting patterns while oppies are simply barking at the wrong trees

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wear blue - look like they are WP
Wear red - like TCB's chosen colours
Wear white - too severe.
My recommendation - wear lime green, at least it will complement the clownish comments they make.
not only colour ,there are other marketing tactics which advertising companies know too well is also employed in electioneering....than this Alpha male image including ,lately guys like Trump, Putin or even Modi with their Alpha male image seems to garnering votes ...again my guess is its female voters that's pulling the strings to their power

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you measure forecast accuracy?
One simple approach that many forecasters use to measure forecast accuracy is a technique called “Percent Difference” or “Percentage Error”. This is simply the difference between the actual volume and the forecast volume expressed as a percentage.

We did a forecast of 10% votes but accurate 89 times. lol...........
still ,whatever forecasters forecaste is based on assumed decision already made ...my topic dwells on swinging that decision

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
still ,whatever forecasters forecaste is based on assumed decision already made ...my topic dwells on swinging that decision

Nope it was based on 10% votes as they've stated if based on assumed decision like a blind forecast then they would not have to state base on 10% votes.

You see if base on 100% votes ie all the votes are casted and base on that 100% you sort out the votes and make a forecast what is your % of accuracy ? It would be 100% accurate because all the votes are already casted and sorted out.

Now if we only have 50% votes and you sort it out what is the % of accuracy ? Naturally 50% ya ?

Finally base on 10% what is the % of accuracy ? 10% right ?

Nope we accurately forecasted 89 times accurately.

Is there a need to even talk about swinging ? lol...........

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only colour ,there are other marketing tactics which advertising companies know too well is also employed in electioneering....than this Alpha male image including ,lately guys like Trump, Putin or even Modi with their Alpha male image seems to garnering votes ...again my guess is its female voters that's pulling the strings to their power
Pink is the colour for CAQs. Is that the segment these pinky ministers are targeting?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because he's a proud Nanyang girl.

AZ90kKg.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess not ,it's a very small percentage to target
They might be small in number but big in influence. They are a good example of the tyranny of the minority.

US Supreme Court backs LGBT workers' rights in a defeat for Trump administration
Posted 5h
A person wearing a black face mask and singlet holds a Pride Flag in front of a white building.
The justices decided that gay and transgender people are protected under laws preventing workplace discrimination.(Reuters: Tom Brenner)
The US Supreme Court has delivered a watershed victory for LGBT rights — and a defeat for President Donald Trump's administration — by ruling that a longstanding law barring workplace discrimination also protects gay and transgender employees.

Key points:
The justices voted 6-3 in the ruling, with two conservative judges voting alongside four liberals
Workplace bias against LGBT people had previously been legal across much of the US
The Trump administration backed the employers who had been sued for discrimination
The landmark 6-3 ruling represented the biggest moment for LGBT rights in the United States since the Supreme Court legalised same-sex marriage nationwide in 2015.

Two conservative justices joined the court's four liberals in the decision: Neil Gorsuch, a 2017 Trump administration appointee who wrote the ruling, and Chief Justice John Roberts.

The justices decided that gay and transgender people are protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which bars employers from discriminating against employees on the basis of sex as well as race, colour, national origin and religion.

Workplace bias against gay and transgender employees had remained legal in much of the country, with 28 US states lacking comprehensive measures against employment discrimination.

The ruling, which involved two gay rights cases from Georgia and New York and a transgender rights case from Michigan, recognises new worker protections in federal law.

The legal fight focused on the definition of "sex" in Title VII. The plaintiffs, along with civil rights groups and many large companies, had argued that discriminating against gay and transgender workers was inherently based on their sex and consequently was illegal.

Mr Trump's administration had backed the employers who were sued for discrimination. The administration and the employers argued that Congress did not intend for Title VII to protect gay and transgender people when it passed the law.

Protesters chant holding signs that read 'RESIST' and 'WE OBJECT' in Times Square, New York.
Mr Trump sparked protests when he banned transgender troops from serving in the military.(AP: Frank Franklin II, File)
Justice Gorsuch conceded that point in his opinion but said what mattered was the text of the law.

"An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex," he wrote.

Strongly supported by evangelical Christian voters, Mr Trump has taken actions that have undermined gay and transgender rights since taking office in 2017.

Conservative Justices Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh dissented from the ruling. Writing in dissent, Justice Alito said the court had basically rewritten the law.

'The immutable law of the land'
Gay rights supporters celebrate after a US Supreme Court ruling that same-sex couples have the right to marry
The decision has been hailed as the most significant moment in the fight for LGBT rights since same-sex marriage was legalised in 2015.(Reuters: Jim Bourg, File)
"No trans people and no lesbian or gay people can ever be fired or discriminated against for being gay or transgender — that's the immutable law of the land now," said Vandy Beth Glenn, who was fired in 2007 when she came out as a trans woman.

More than half of LGBT Americans live in states without explicit workplace protections, according to US think tank Movement Advancement Project, meaning they could be fired or harassed for being gay or trans with little legal recourse.

Gerald Bostock, a Georgia man who lost his job as a child welfare services coordinator after joining a gay recreational softball team, said there were "truly no words to describe just how elated" he was after hearing of the ruling.

"When I was fired seven years ago, I was devastated," he said in a statement.

Mr Bostock's case was one of three addressed in the court decision.

"I know what it's like to be told I can't do a job I'm qualified for just because I'm transgender," he said in a statement.

"Especially now, when so many have lost jobs and are struggling, the last thing we should be doing is erecting barriers that keep people who want to work and contribute from doing so."

Reuters

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pink is a sissy color on men. it's ok if LHL wore pink for his lesser activities but he wore pink for meetings with countries leaders.