• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Our Gov is not World Class

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The title is quite realistic and there is a lot of common sense. We have our leaders who utter rubbish, cannot walk properly, cannot rule property and can't understand the peasants at all. With all these handicaps, how can our leaders lead and continue to pretend with other dark motives and ruin our lives for good. Singaporean are getting quieter with anger now..don't expect to cool them down until everything is made right...and we need to count our opposition parties now.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said it's a trap, or has become a trap, whether intended by MM Lee not, because, the lines of arguments are degenerating into childish proportions. "Hey PAP, you say you first world, how come now like that?" Isn't that childish? Why not, "hey PAP, oil price is now about US$70 per barrel, how come our electricity bill is based on US$155?" Isn't that and things like that the point?[/QUOTE]

Problem with Sickapoor, peasant won't dare to protest unlike Malaysia, BKK, HK, Korea ppl will protest and fight, SP knows our weakness, so they say fuel price increased! shit it went the opposite direction down to USD70/barrel instead of USD 155.00 bloody "che lioa bee" stupid SP still got the chick to increase power bill... CASE keep quiet, pay and pay chelioabee million $$ minister kept quiet, no sound no picture..opposition too busy fighting fire..
what else??:mad:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
this kinda zenghu where got world class? 1 small island, bt we need more ministers than required in many other bigger & successful countries. other countries either 1 president and/or 1 premier can get things done smoothly liao.

this small island need 1 PM, 1 SM & 1 MM to do the job. that means their not productive at all, need 3 goondu to do 1 man's job. for those who dunno about our system, they may think that our PM need to hang 'L'-plate around his neck.

(L: Loser)

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
They call themselves world class just to justify their higher than world class muti-million dollar $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ paycheck.
Those who voted for them are blind. Please open your eyes come GE2011 and do the morally right thing for your country and deny them the 2/3 majority.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you have any sinkie qualities, you can forget about any class. oh yes, sinkie class.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simply put, they are a bunch of followers.
Since you can't vote them out, so live with it.

sometimes why they are like that is because we let them be like what they are.

so the arrows are pointed in both ways!

i.e. we are not world class voters!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Howard was a decent PM, who did well for the Australian economy. In all, I think Howard had done well, but because he stayed for too long, he lost touch, and started to abuse his privileges. Therefore he had to go.

PM Rudd started decently, got into the m&d because of all these commissions about grocery shopping, but now is doing well because of his steady and decisive leadership on the economy. His government is also doing some stuff like reforming the education system to make it more accountable and responsive, and putting in more funds. These reform efforts are not popular with the unions-Labor Party's base- because of the teachers' accountability. But because reformation is necessary, PM Rudd and DPM Gillard has do the unpopular thing and get through with it, even if they become more popular with segments of the Liberal base, rather than with the Labor base.

In contrast with the PAP government, and its performances, especially in regards to the Selamat case, the increase in living costs, and of course, the response to the economical turmoil, I can't say much, if anything, positive about the PAP.

In my opinion, PM Lee gets a straight F. His cabinet gets an E or at worst, an F also. And as for LKY and GCT, they should have gone a billion years ago. They are ungraded.

I do fear the future of my country more than I fear Australia's future. At least the system is good enough to deliver even if there's a change in the parties at both state and federal government level. In Singapore, there's only one man, and one party, and the people who are below the man are nothing then yes-men. Singapore is in a lot of trouble because of that.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is that now is the best time to holiday in Oz, the exchange rate is darn good, I even managed to do get a rate below a dollar recently for my coming trip.

I do fear the future of my country more than I fear Australia's future. At least the system is good enough to deliver even if there's a change in the parties at both state and federal government level. In Singapore, there's only one man, and one party, and the people who are below the man are nothing then yes-men. Singapore is in a lot of trouble because of that.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is that now is the best time to holiday in Oz, the exchange rate is darn good, I even managed to do get a rate below a dollar recently for my coming trip.

If you do have enough dough, then do stay longer. Australia is a stable country, and so its worthy to have a second house here if you can afford it.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cashed out of Oz property last year to take profits. This coming trip only meant as a relaxing short holiday, eat well drink good local wine and play abit of golf with some kakis based in Perth while taking advantage of the exchange rate.:smile:
If you do have enough dough, then do stay longer. Australia is a stable country, and so its worthy to have a second house here if you can afford it.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cashed out of Oz property last year to take profits. This coming trip only meant as a relaxing short holiday, eat well drink good local wine and play abit of golf with some kakis based in Perth while taking advantage of the exchange rate.:smile:

:biggrin:

I wish ya all the best, and hope you enjoy the trip, brother!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but...their salaries will be reviewed again very soon. Most likely is on the "up" side. Given the current economical situation and stock prices plunging like two polar bear tied together, our ministers pay are going to revise up again. Many professional and high flyers could not understand the logic why PAP kept stealing the taxpayers mony so openly. Are they too overly confident that without them we cannot survive?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
but...their salaries will be reviewed again very soon. Most likely is on the "up" side. Given the current economical situation and stock prices plunging like two polar bear tied together, our ministers pay are going to revise up again. Many professional and high flyers could not understand the logic why PAP kept stealing the taxpayers mony so openly. Are they too overly confident that without them we cannot survive?

Give them more rope for us to hang them later, in my opinion. Only waiting for that old fart to pass on, and begone.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes why they are like that is because we let them be like what they are.

so the arrows are pointed in both ways!

i.e. we are not world class voters!

"Walkover" : The term use by despotic government to unfairly sue, jail, deport and bankrupt all alternative political party so there will be no participant in an orchestrated election to showcase the world that democracy is being practice but in fact, send in their own cronies en mass to parliament through "Walkover" for the many uncontested constituency.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this kinda zenghu where got world class? 1 small island, bt we need more ministers than required in many other bigger & successful countries. other countries either 1 president and/or 1 premier can get things done smoothly liao.

this small island need 1 PM, 1 SM & 1 MM to do the job. that means their not productive at all, need 3 goondu to do 1 man's job. for those who dunno about our system, they may think that our PM need to hang 'L'-plate around his neck.

(L: Loser)

i nearly blow coffee over my notebook when i saw this post.:biggrin:

MIW always keep trumpeting they are "WORLD CLASS" so as to justify their out of this world salary package. In the end, they believe so much of their own bullsh*t that they really think they are world class. Totally out of touch with the population.

Alfrescian
Loyal
My life time I have seen 3 Prime Ministers. I make it short.
Lets start with LKY.
He was truly a leader, a world class leader. He changed Singapore. He ruled with an iron fist. He had a good team backing him. People feared him. Singapore beginning to prosper.
GCT
He wanted to be a Mr. Nice guy. True enough, people liked him and also people dared to
voice out unlike LKYs time. He inherited part of LKY's team. Still a strong team to lead us but not employments which he did promised in his 2nd term. Too soft a leader, people have overcame that phopia. Can be a world class if his tenure lengthened.
LHL
Baton passed to him. He was no longer arrogant as his early years. Maybe he tried to
be Nice guy like GCT. He did not had a good team. GCT's peers have gone to retirements. GCT should have carried on for one more term. LKY cannot wait that long as LHL was impatient. LHL have not done much to solve our problems but to fix us.

World class pay? Do we really have world class leaders? Yes we do need world class leaders to guard our reserve and run our country. If you pay a clown a million, do you think you can turn him into a world class leader.
If I can remember correctly what LKY said. " If your son is an idiot, no matter what you
pay, he will never be a a genius"
We looked for FTs to fill our top post. Do you think we need a FT to fill the post of PM in the near future. After we can afford and our pays are of world class. How about the loser of the US Presidential Elections to consider. I am sure the pay will be attractive to
them.
PM Obama Barrack or PM John McCain of Singapore? what do you think.