• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why must Gillette shaving blades be so expensive? High tech?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i use those no brand shaving blades. 5 for $1. shave once every two weeks. each blade use for 5/6 times - 3 months. $1 shaving blades pack use for 1 year. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i use those no brand shaving blades. 5 for $1. shave once every two weeks. each blade use for 5/6 times - 3 months. $1 shaving blades pack use for 1 year. :biggrin:

Shave once every two weeks?! You must be a smooth-face handsome chap. I shave once every two days. One week without shaving I'd look like running road from debt or law. Those thick stubbled Indians and Causcasians shave every day.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shave once every two weeks?! You must be a smooth-face handsome chap. I shave once every two days. One week without shaving I'd look like running road from debt or law. Those thick stubbled Indians and Causcasians shave every day.

i keep goatee. a man look good with some facial hair.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Waoh! Cheap blade last that long what the brand?

If you try gillette you will never turn back. How smooth the shaving. No jerk.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Waoh! Cheap blade last that long what the brand?
If you try gillette you will never turn back. How smooth the shaving. No jerk.

just those cheap $1 blades pack from neighborhood shops. can use around 5 times only.

i previously used gillette blades but they don't last for long so i turned to cheaper ones. i use gillette shaving cream though.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe you could try double edged razors. my favourite is Gillette Astra, only 60cents for 5 pieces, sharp and smooth.

astra-superior-stainless-double-edge.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know about older ones. But all barbershops I know use the traditional razor handle that's fitted with disposable blades. My favorite in Singapore is one traditional Indian barbershop in Bendemeer and my favorite in Thailand is one traditional Thai barbershop in Hatyai. Hygienic and skilfull. I never let a salon girl use any blade on me me since my first horrendous experience two decades ago. They know nuts about shaving or trimming sideburns, moustache, goatee and beard. I only go to salon for hairwash now, since I'm keeping long hair and ponytail. To be fair, salon girls are good at shampooing and hairwashing. But once in a while, especially after a week or more of lazy or busy unshaven, I'd visit a traditional barbershop to enjoy a good shave and sideburns trim.

I've gone to barbers in Batam, Jakarta & JB, nowadays they all use the disposable kind of razors

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Having facial hair is a sign of masculinity. You need not shave it all off, just trim once in a while.

beard2_1569235c.jpg

If you are a fuckface, having a smooth, shaven face will not make it any more handsome.

lee-kuan-yew.jpg

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, salon girls are good at shampooing and hairwashing. /QUOTE]

I think bro you are missing something here! Remember the salon girls in those darkened barber shops in Textile Centre years ago? I am sure they are good not just for shampooning and hairwashing but also something else. To be most fair!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think bro you are missing something here! Remember the salon girls in those darkened barber shops in Textile Centre years ago? I am sure they are good not just for shampooning and hairwashing but also something else. To be most fair!

Wahaha! Orpohlei ah? Sorry and too bad, I didn't get to enjoy that. Duty bound to hunt them down. The most notorious were at Golden Landmark. Textile Centre second only.

Last edited:

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahaha! Orpohlei ah? Sorry and too bad, I didn't get to enjoy that. Duty bound to hunt them down. The most notorious were at Golden Landmark. Textile Centre second only.

If I remember correctly, there were cubicles with wooden partions in Textile Centre and one could hear what your neighbours was saying and doing! These barber girls were mainly from Malaysia, the PRCs, Vietnamese haven't joined the scene yet. But I stand to be corrected by the one who hunted them down!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not be fooled. The newer model blades are not sharper than the preceeding models. The old model blades are made less sharp than thats all.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn heart pain every time need to buy six cartridge pack refills for $8. Why can't the fucking Melamine Chinks produce blades that don't smell like rust and take away 2 mm of your skin every time you run a blade through. The ones they sell now for about $1 for three I won't use to shave besotted's Sichuan whore wife's pussy. It would be so inhumane!

Gillette must have been making billions all these years!

Go and get the cheap disposable ones from Guardian. I think its their house brand and are blue in colour. Triple blades with some sort of lubricant strip .
so you can just wet it and shave ..reallly good for the price..each pc will last about week..and expensive cartridges dont last much longer anyway..check it out.. youll be surprised
think they cost aby 4 bucks for a bag of 6 or 8

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only keep sideburns, according to ancient Chinese traditional definition of handsome. Lu Bu, Zhou Yu, Zhao Yun etc. didn't keep any facial hair below sideburns.

imho, you look more cool with a unshaven stubble look to match the long ponytail hair.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disposable with some soap works equally well and a lot cheaper. But dont even try those 5 for $2 type from the "closing down" shops.. totally unuseable.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I use Gillette Mach3 for a long time. When I read in the net I realised that there are many imitations from China. Profit margins is very good.

As for barber I go tot two shops near my house both charge 60baht per cut that include shaving full face and cutting nose hair. Shaving is done by disposal razors broken into half fro new packs after each shave it will be disposed into a plastic bottle. Shaving include cold towel after shaving and Florida Water 花露香水 as aftershave and finally alcohol dap on areas around the neck and above lips. Add 20 baht for ears cleaning. I always pay them 100 baht without ears cleaning and 120 baht for ears clean. They are very happy.