• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Melbourne is going into a lockdown...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically, because Australians can't follow instructions and need to have a fuck no matter what. :roflmao:

from cnn :

"Professor Sharon Lewin, Director of the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity said the increases in numbers seen in Victoria were not happening over the rest of Australia.
"What happened in Melbourne was some breaches in quarantine, transmission from people in quarantine to the security guards in those hotels and then spreading amongst communities linked to those security guards," Lewin said.
Last month, Australian officials launched a judicial inquiry amid allegations the fresh coronavirus outbreak in Victoria was sparked by some contracted workers not following protocols at a hotel used to quarantine international arrivals -- including reportedly having sex with people under lockdown.
"We've also had outbreaks in some industries which is quite common around the world. We are also seeing outbreaks in housing projects so we are seeing different communities effected which is a lot more challenging now. Community transmission, people in high-density living, so the problem is bigger," said Lewin.
On Friday, Andrews said that over 130 people -- one in four of those who've tested positive -- were caught defying stay-at-home orders. Doorknocking teams dispatched to check on infected individuals were increased to 34 teams of three, he said."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/03/australia/australia-melbourne-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html
Bcos the virus is no different to the flu

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bcos the virus is no different to the flu
depends on who you ask. For now, I'm observing and reserving judgment. As far as I can tell the only person who says it's the same as the flu is the boss. Even the experts who chose not to lockdown don't know :

Still, whether Sweden is on track to greater immunity to the new coronavirus than other countries remains one big question mark at this stage, says the Karolinska Institute's Jan Albert.

"There are so many unknown factors about how many actually develop antibodies and other types of immune responses after going through the disease, and how many will be required to have had the disease in order to see herd immunity," he explained.

"We know that we've had more cases in Sweden than for instance in Norway and Denmark and Finland, our neighbouring countries, many more. But whether that means that we are on our way to herd immunity is a big unknown."

Sweden's per case fatality is higher at 569 than infection wonderland US at 484.

And in where it counts, the death toll has reached a peak :

Coronavirus pushes Swedish deaths to highest since 1993 in April

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-to-highest-since-1993-in-april-idUSKBN22U1S4

and this is the from the CDC's own info :

1596596431638.png

Of course, I don't have the source data so I can't see what flaws this has or not. I'll leave it to you to decide who's right.

edit : and oh... SOS says that ACT hospitals were taking the overflow from NSW in Australia. Why the hell would they move patients over 200 km?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
depends on who you ask. For now, I'm observing and reserving judgment. As far as I can tell the only person who says it's the same as the flu is the boss. Even the experts who chose not to lockdown don't know :

Sweden's per case fatality is higher at 569 than infection wonderland US at 484.

And in where it counts, the death toll has reached a peak :

Coronavirus pushes Swedish deaths to highest since 1993 in April

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-to-highest-since-1993-in-april-idUSKBN22U1S4

and this is the from the CDC's own info :

View attachment 88010

Of course, I don't have the source data so I can't see what flaws this has or not. I'll leave it to you to decide who's right.

Those stats are way out.

1500 to 3000 Australians die from influenza infections annually https://www.immunisationcoalition.org.au/resources/flu-fact-sheet/

Another 3000 die from pollution. https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...ls-for-tougher-standards-20151113-gkygv1.html

Nobody is saying that Covid-19 cannot be deadly. What needs to be explained is why lockdowns are required to prevent flu deaths but are not required to prevent influenza deaths and pollution deaths.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the second class amdk deserves it

The media is scant on details regarding these so called "security guards" who were the source of the renewed outbreak. The majority are 3rd world immigrants of the dark skinned variety and many belong to that unmentionable religion. They probably didn't even understand the nature of what they were supposed to be "guarding".

There are only a few politicians who are able to speak bluntly about the problems.

Singapore has its CECA problem OZ has its "refugee" problem.

news.com.au

Hanson doubles down on racist rant

4-6 minutes

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has reprised her spectacular offensive against the Melbourne residents trapped inside nine housing commission towers, saying they highlight “failures in the management of our multiculturalism that have now come back to bite us during the COVID-19 pandemic”.
Hanson was dropped by Channel 9 on Monday after an extraordinary racist rant on the Today show, in which she deemed the tower residents “drug addicts” and blamed their apparent inability to speak English for the towers being shut down.
“So the fact is you’ve got to look at why they are in that situation. Why is it they are in that situation? Why has the Government gone to this high-rise building and shut it down? Possibly because a lot of these people weren’t doing the right thing,” she said.
A defiant Ms Hanson, wearing an Australian flag sweatshirt, then told Andrew Bolt on Sky Newsshe “couldn’t care less” about the ban, and has doubled down again in a fiery justification posted to her website last night.
RELATED: Today’s silence on Hanson backlash
RELATED: ‘I couldn’t care less’: Hanson defiant on ban

Defending her comments, Ms Hanson said they were nothing more than “an honest assessment of failures in the management of multiculturalism that have now come back to bite us during the COVID-19 pandemic”.
After claiming she’ll love Australia “with pride until the day I die”, Ms Hanson re-emphasised her belief the tower residents were at fault because they had “rejected” the English language, leading them to ignore social distancing rules.
“The pandemic has revealed that the failure to assimilate into Australian culture and learn English can indirectly be deadly. Governments of all persuasions are guilty of being soft on promoting assimilation and the need for English proficiency, for the benefit of the individual and society as a whole,” the statement reads.
“Many who come to Australia are happy to enjoy the good things – our safety and stability, our friendly way of life, our relatively good government services, our generous welfare support – but then believe it’s acceptable to reject the culture and common language of their adoptive nation, and we now see the consequences.
“Health advice during this emergency has been published only in English, our national language, so it meant many residents from non-English speaking backgrounds, who have rejected the English language, missed the safety message.
“We now have an emerging second wave and the Melbourne housing apartment harsh lockdown. The two weeks in quarantine for the 3000 residents will be aided by taxpayer-funded food, alcohol and drug deliveries, government financial handouts, and more than 500 police guards.
“I want the best for Australia and it’s many residents from all cultural backgrounds. That is why I will keep highlighting the problems that need to be fixed, that many people feel afraid to discuss.
“We need to be allowed to debate the problems that exist in Australia – including issues that revolve around multiculturalism and Aboriginals – otherwise we will never smooth out the bumps that hold our nation back.
“I have said many times that criticism is not racism. To reject certain opinions and stifle debate on the issues that affect our nation is an attack on free speech and also a roadblock to a better future for all Australia.”