• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is this hokkien uncle so angry with LHL?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because it's a propaganda show, and in 集权/专制 regimes, the media channels have to comply and broadcast the Supreme Leader's speech. They have no choice. :wink:

I haven't watched the ND Rally in years. I might catch the highlights of something funny or spectacular. :wink:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That's because it's a propaganda show, and in 集权/专制 regimes, the media channels have to comply and broadcast the Supreme Leader's speech. They have no choice. :wink:

I haven't watched the ND Rally in years. I might catch the highlights of something funny or spectacular. :wink:
I can't even remember the last time I watched one. Probably when LKY was PM.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hokkien speaking people, please translate.:biggrin:

https://streamable.com/8ny6g
complaining about the mode of delivery of LHL's messages. Best translation I have : "Hello. Why do I have to listen to LHL only, don't get to watch. Is this for a real? All languages news don't even have his messages. what kind of reasoning is this?"

Doesn't make sense to me but that's what he's saying.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gist of it:

Why all the tv channels broadcasting Lee Hsien Loong's speech? English channel, Chinese channel, Malay channel, Tamil channel all broadcasting. Why everyone forced to watch the rally and can't watch other tv programs? Why not broadcast on one channel: let people who want to watch the speech do so. KKNBCCB Lee Hsien Loong is simi lanjiao?! :FU:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
complaining about the mode of delivery of LHL's messages. Best translation I have : "Hello. Why do I have to listen to LHL only, don't get to watch. Is this for a real? All languages news don't even have his messages. what kind of reasoning is this?"

Doesn't make sense to me but that's what he's saying.

Nope, you are wrong. Perhaps deliberately misleading? :wink:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gist of it:

Why all the tv channels broadcasting Lee Hsien Loong's speech? English channel, Chinese channel, Malay channel, Tamil channel all broadcasting. Why everyone forced to watch the rally and can't watch other tv programs? Why not broadcast on one channel: let people who want to watch the speech do so. KKNBCCB Lee Hsien Loong is simi lanjiao?! :FU:
KNN this is quite a perfect translation KNN only that by reading it doesn't sounds at all kuailan compared to the orignal version KNN

jw5

Loyal
The two word answer to your question is something that you think is being phased out:

CABLE TELEVISION :biggrin:

The gist of it: