• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why is faith good?

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in faith in God

Why do people feel justification to in believe "extraordinary" claims without substantial reason or evidence? Why believe belief?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because this is the next level of consciousness...that's why humans are not pre-programmed beasts, like the cats, dogs, housefly, etc

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in faith in God

Why do people feel justification to in believe "extraordinary" claims without substantial reason or evidence? Why believe belief?

You are correct. Believe in things that can be substantiated, not baseless claims.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in faith in God

Firstly, I do not know whether it is good. But for many, it may be necessary. One of the reasons could be that the kings, queens, presidents, and the people higher up in the human chain are not good examples of justice, fairness, humanity, etc. They need someone/something that offers better hope of righteousness, and hence provide better meaning to their strugggling existence.

If there isn't one, better to make one up than to live with none.

Cheers!

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
As in faith in God

will you buy an car from a 2nd hand car salesman? you will raise questions on;
- the service log book.
- condition of the engine and gear.
- mileage and reading on odometer.
- number of owners
- maintenance and creature comfort.

surely, if someone tell you that he has a car that was manufactured by apple and can fly, will you cast doubts on its existence at all?? or will you be suckered in by the dodgy salesman?

your choice to be "knocked carrot head" or you want to be prudent and skeptical.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is up to you lah! if you are fine without it. just be yourselves.

but if you find something missing in your life even after you have everything.

then seek it. otherwise it will be meaningless to you.

continue to seek what others fools are seeking..many things of emptiness.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
the question is why is it god's doing? maybe it is unexplained science

Because the pastor prayed to God for healing.
One was a guy who suffered industrial accident, had MC for 1.5 years and crippled. The pastor prayed for Jesus to heal him and he fell under the power and rose up an hour later full straightened out.
Another was a teenage girl with crooked spine. again the pastor prayed for her over two weeks and she was totally straightened out.

I have seen many other healings but don't know the people personally.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr kinana, no offence to you but that isn't really answer the question.

they fell under the power in response to the prayer and woke up miraculously healed. What else can it be?
There are lots of such divine healings. I myself prayed for people and had seen miraculous healing. I prayed for a boy with serious eczema with a scar the size of a 20 cent coined, he came back a few days later with perfect n beautiful skin, all the kids saw it and got shocked. Another time in uni, a fren had back ache, i prayed for him and the pain left him immediately and he was surprised.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
medicine cures my friend, not faith

Medicine does cure sometimes.
The healing took place and cured in ways beyond what medicines could do. Thats why they are miracles.
Have you performed any miracles like those mentioned?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you give a person panadol 500 years ago who had severe headache, it would appeared to be a "miracle" by their standard and limited amount of knowledge, but we know better.

Miracles can be attributed to scams, trickery, 2nd hand car salesmen.
if people tell you that they can heal cancer (cancer is a modern 20th century medical term), walk on water, will you believe?

how many times did you see people (including pastors) running to the hospitals for surgery when they found out they have some terminal illness and should they survive thru' the rigorous medical treatment like chemo, they attributed their survival to GOD???? does this make sense???

why pastors seek doctor's help? dont they have enough faith that god will heal them? hypocrite i tell you.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you give a person panadol 500 years ago who had severe headache, it would appeared to be a "miracle" by their standard and limited amount of knowledge, but we know better.
Panadol does not take away headaches immediately do they?
Can panadol straighten crushed or deformed bones? Open blind eyes n deaf ears? Raise the dead?

Miracles can be attributed to scams, trickery, 2nd hand car salesmen.
if people tell you that they can heal cancer (cancer is a modern 20th century medical term), walk on water, will you believe?
Can you prove those to be scams?

how many times did you see people (including pastors) running to the hospitals for surgery when they found out they have some terminal illness and should they survive thru' the rigorous medical treatment like chemo, they attributed their survival to GOD???? does this make sense???
Just because divine or instantaneous healing does not occur all the time does not mean it never occured.
My pastor's son was severely autistic up till 8 years old. After 4 years of prayer, the brain just opened up and the boy became normal and grew to be a top student. He is serving NS now. Can modern medicine do that?

Last edited:

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Panadol does not take away headaches immediately do they?
Can panadol straighten crushed or deformed bones? Open blind eyes n deaf ears? Raise the dead?
i am doubtful that god can do all these. the last one especially

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am doubtful that god can do all these. the last one especially

I have seen headaches n pain disapear, bones straightened and deaf ears opened.
Raised from the dead never seen personally but here is a a real testimony seen by many people with live footage. The pastor died three days and resurrected in a healing meeting.

[video=youtube;NNaoDyV-PJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaoDyV-PJ4[/video]