• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why & how humans ''invented'' religions.................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Fear of Death and Desire to Exist...................and the Human Ego and Attachment to Life led to the creations of religions..............think about it and instinctively, you know it's true.

people can't accept that after their physical lives ended, they'll be gone and forgotten............. they feel they're special and their lives mean something............that ego, the fear of dying and the desire to exist created the idea of a permanent soul/self......................they think they're separate and different from all others...........

but then they've seen and know people suffer physical deaths..............so they thought '' Ah Ha ! there must be an Eternal After-Life after my mortal life ends !''

but where will that After-Life be at ?..................so people think it must be a most pleasurable and happy place since who wants to live Eternally in a $hithole, right ?...............so let's call that dreamed-up Utopia........Heaven !

so the next question will be WHO created Heaven ??? well, just as Man has to create the tools he needs..........then SOMEONE must have created Man and Heaven and everything else !

so.........HEY PRESTO !!!............let's call this dreamed-up Creator/Maker...........God............

that's the reason why all religions contained stories that's far far too HUMAN to be Divine.............plus full of loopholes and flaws...........

Speros

Well said.

I have heard it put another way: Mankind tries to create a system of laws and rituals that, being observed, somehow grants eternal life, and that this is a way to not have to face up to the Almighty and Eternal God, and to face up to the consequences of sin.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when people stop deluding themselves.....................

they'll realize that heaven is just their own wishful thinking...............

### in fact, if humans go to heaven retaining all their human desires and character....................heaven won't be heaven in the 1st place................