• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Education in Singapore Works

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sEn6OKsVoMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>............

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our education system is not that bad but we over emphasise on grades which the AFT President claimed that we do not.

Anyway, the Americans can move up 10-20 ranks if they start sacking their teachers for not performing. Their teacher unions are destroying USA.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore education system doesn't work. That's why we have idiots speaking Singlish today. That's why we have racial problems today. L2 is the root of all evils and should be abolished. Every Singaporean should receive exactly the same common education, that's how a common national identity and culture can be developed and achieved, not just talked about and aspired after, but perpetually in vain as a nation divided by aspiration rather than united by pledge.

Please note before some got angry, I don't advocate abolishing Chinese, Malay or Tamil, but these should be private family affairs, parents teach your kids yourselves or hire tutors for them etc., not national education policy issues dictating and enforcing this or that.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a second language is important. How it is implemented in Singapore is not. Singapore is half-assed when it comes to languages. Teaching the right way to learn languages should have been the goal. Why just restrict to Mandarin, Malay or Tamil? Why not espaniol, Deutch or french? Why not Hokkien, Teochew, Hakka?

Singapore education system doesn't work. That's why we have idiots speaking Singlish today. That's why we have racial problems today. L2 is the root of all evils and should be abolished. Every Singaporean should receive exactly the same common education, that's how a common national identity and culture can be developed and achieved, not just talked about and aspired after, but perpetually in vain as a nation divided by aspiration rather than united by pledge.

Please note before some got angry, I don't advocate abolishing Chinese, Malay or Tamil, but these should be private family affairs, teach your kids yourselves or hire tutors etc.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a second language is important. How it is implemented in Singapore is not. Singapore is half-assed when it comes to languages. Teaching the right way to learn languages should have been the goal. Why just restrict to Mandarin, Malay or Tamil? Why not espaniol, Deutch or french? Why not Hokkien, Teochew, Hakka?

That's why I said, it should be family matter, not national matter. The national matter should be a common education for all, regardless of race.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It helps if the public school system provides an avenue to learn a second language.

That's why I said, it should be family matter, not national matter. The national matter should be a common education for all, regardless of race.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It helps if the public school system provides an avenue to learn a second language.

Sure thing, extra public school tuiton classes to cater for those who opt for it, I'm not against that. But the operative word is optional, not compulsory.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the compulsory second language regime has caused a lot of heartaches.

Sure thing, extra public school tuiton classes to cater for those who opt for it, I'm not against that. But the operative word is optional, not compulsory.