• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does LKY think Balaji Sadasivan "failed as a political leader"?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps coz the late doc was not a bastard. I don't know. Just guessing. If the best brain surgeon in S'pore cannot make it as a minister, how on earth did WKS, MBT and many other very ordinary ministers ever made it? WKS even became DPM.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY has never been a good judge of people. In contrast, GKS and Lim Kim San were better.

LKY picked duds like Lim Chee Onn, cheats like Teh Cheang Wan, and boozos like Devan Nair. Also Charles Goodyear...

I dunno who picked duds like Lee yock Suan, Yeo Cheow Tong...not surprised he did.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps coz the late doc was not a bastard. I don't know. Just guessing. If the best brain surgeon in S'pore cannot make it as a minister, how on earth did WKS, MBT and many other very ordinary ministers ever made it? WKS even became DPM.

Leadership was never about brain power . PR power more important. Many exceptional smart people cannot lead.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leadership was never about brain power . PR power more important. Many exceptional smart people cannot lead.

yes, smart and intelligent peoples become professors and scientists. politics are for the selfish, cunning. calculative and manipulative.

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY--> 'We were so short of good people in 2001 that we took in three doctors, each of whom had reached the highest level of their professions: Ng Eng Hen, Vivian Balakrishnan and Balaji Sadasivan. 'Balaji, a brain surgeon, was the best in his field but failed as a political leader.'

Original link--> http://heresthenews.blogspot.com/2011/03/bitter-truths-from-lee-kuan-yew.html

Does anyone know?

here is my guess... look at the YCK estate.. nothing much was done there... even mrt 1km away doesn't hv a direct feeder service...