• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WHy do we have run amok monkeys in our golf courses

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if I am a middle aged golfer I would not take on a mama gang in a fight. So it's quite a no brainer who threw the first punch.

I don't think the golfers threw the first punch, but I don't think they are the innocents the papers have portrayed them to be.

Sometimes words & attitude can provoke reactions. Just look at all those fights in the car park, ....,among motorists .

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think the golfers threw the first punch, but I don't think they are the innocents the papers have portrayed them to be.

Sometimes words & attitude can provoke reactions. Just look at all those fights in the car park, ....,among motorists .

Golfer: Oei Thambi! Get off my expensive turf! :oIo:
Mamak: what you just call me??
Golfer: I saw go back and fuck your mother pundeh! :oIo:

The rest is pretty much history

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sure, the Roberts were probably damn sialan. but the law goes after the party who throws the first punch. No innocent side. but one side is more guilty than another.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, the Roberts were probably damn sialan. but the law goes after the party who throws the first punch. No innocent side. but one side is more guilty than another.

The side with the connection is the innocent party.

If it was between 'lesser mortals' it would be treated as a civil case or ignored. I'm sure fights are common in Spore but how many would involve caneing :confused:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't want to go into details. but i was still in Ns when i saw a straight forward go-to-jail case become a fine because the defendent engaged Lee and Lee Lawyer. In australia, a malaysian student was busted by undercover drug cops for trying to sell a few thousand pills but got his sentenced reduced to 2 years because his laopeh was rich and could engage a queen's counsel to defend in court.
In the court of law, the rich and powerful get away easier for their misdeeds. Like it or not, that is the reality in this world.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
. Like it or not, that is the reality in this world.

I'm a realist and know about the birds & bees :biggrin:

However in this case the non-golfers got a deterrent sentence. Its about a skewed system that not only favours the well connected, but also penalizes the unconnected severely.

As a lesser mortal I have to worry about a future where I can be jailed & caned for some innocuous crime in which an elites was involved :eek: What if I punch LKYs grandson in a parking dispute, in the heat of anger. How many years would I have to spend in jail :rolleyes:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm a realist and know about the birds & bees :biggrin:

However in this case the non-golfers got a deterrent sentence. Its about a skewed system that not only favours the well connected, but also penalizes the unconnected severely.

As a lesser mortal I have to worry about a future where I can be jailed & caned for some innocuous crime in which an elites was involved :eek: What if I punch LKYs grandson in a parking dispute, in the heat of anger. How many years would I have to spend in jail :rolleyes:

The law is a flawed system whereby it only offers an avenue for disputes and not justice per se.

Other than the Scandinavian countries where the emphasis on equality for its citizens irregardless of their net worth (and mainly because the rich-poor gap there are not as wide as everywhere else), the law is pretty much flawed everywhere else from Beijing to Beirut.

The law down here is nothing but a tool for the rich and powerful to tell us where we stand and where our place is in a confucian model and not a protective mechanism for you and me :biggrin:

Reforms to correct this flaw? Yeah-fucking-right :biggrin:

monoceros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck golf.

You cut down all those fucking trees tofor grass, what the fuck is up with that. Why don't these wanna be aristocrats go for real aristocratic sports - hunting, polo, jousting, fencing? Too unfit to do that?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If it was between 'lesser mortals' it would be treated as a civil case or ignored. I'm sure fights are common in Spore but how many would involve caneing :confused:

The mats are trespassing..period!. The security of SICC must be the same kind, or kawan..period...that is why they were allowed in...

The golfers are 'higher mortals'...do youy know, how much the membership fees? 7 the green fees? at SICC...

Anyway...in my younger days I have trespass there & pick golf balls in the bushes..and had been shooed away...

So, kawan must have let them in...and forgot to tell them, not to become Monyet & disturb the golfers..

I am sure the kawan, had been quietly SACKED!:wink:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The mats are trespassing..period!. The security of SICC must be the same kind, or kawan..period...that is why they were allowed in...

The golfers are 'higher mortals'...do youy know, how much the membership fees? 7 the green fees? at SICC...

Anyway...in my younger days I have trespass there & pick golf balls in the bushes..and had been shooed away...

So, kawan must have let them in...and forgot to tell them, not to become Monyet & disturb the golfers..

I am sure the kawan, had been quietly SACKED!:wink:

Bukan Kawan, they are all mamaks, should be ah neh, thambis :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have no doubts they are 'higher mortals' & the manner & demeanor when communicating with the non-golfers must have been less than polite. Normally people don't hantam you if you politely tell them they are in the way.

This probably caused the scuffle.

It is interesting that the media didn't provide the non-golfers version of what happened?

Unfortunately for the non-golfers they don't have the connections to avoid jail & caneing.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So how many of those armed with golf clubs were jailed & caned :confused:

From the reports its only the defenceless non-golfers who were jailed & caned & none of the golfers :eek:

I understand that all are jailed but only the one who used the golf club as weapon gets caning. I also understand that the golfer didn't retaliate and was simply beaten up. He might have been rude and arrogant as a paying member telling off paid workers idling there to get out of there. Bad behaviour as it was, still doesn't deserve to be beaten and clubbed, from behind if you read the account carefully. People who attack from behind are cowards. People who attack from behind with weapons deserve no pity.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no doubts they are 'higher mortals' & the manner & demeanor when communicating with the non-golfers must have been less than polite. Normally people don't hantam you if you politely tell them they are in the way.

It is interesting that the media didn't provide the non-golfers version of what happened?

Unfortunately for the non-golfers they don't have the connections to avoid jail & caneing.

You are right on this..as i had mentioned, i have sneaked in there ( golf course) when I was very young, to nick the occasional golf balls that had dropped into the bushes...

Many a times I had been shooed by the golfers when seen & warned that I might get hit by a golf ball...

Maybe the higher mortals tone of voice was too condescending for the lesser mortals....

what to do..it already happened...:p

jw5

Loyal

Bro
I have always considered you one of the most logical and reasonable people in this forum, hence I am rather surprised by your analysis of this case.
If you have been reading my posts, you will also know that I am one of the last to support the elites, the rich and the powerful, which of course includes the majority of people who play golf.
But the way I see it is that the non golfers were lying down in a place they shouldn't have been. They were being pests. I've encountered or heard stories of these type many times before.
Sure, the golfers may have been high handed and told them quite rudely to go away, but I think the reaction from the non golfers was probably execssive and they probably started the violence and continued the violence. The golfers' injuries are testamount to that. It's not a question of who won the fight, it's a question of who instigated it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro

Sure, the golfers may have been high handed and told them quite rudely to go away, but I think the reaction from the non golfers was probably execssive and they probably started the violence and continued the violence. The golfers' injuries are testamount to that. It's not a question of who won the fight, it's a question of who instigated it.

I'm not condoning what the non-golfers did lah. Nor questioning the injuries suffered by the golfers. Only questioning if the golfers are really innocent bystanders.

Only pointing to the possibility of the golfers exacerbating the situation with what they said, not what they did. I know of some people who like to stir up trouble and when they have it. Turn around acting innocent.

I cannot accept that the indians did what they did unprovoked. There must be more to the story than what has been reported by the press. . If indians went around beating up people without a motive you'd soon read about it in the papers

With the reputation of our kangeroo courts & our media, I suspect the official version is omitting alot of the embarassing details.

As this case involves the elites we can see the efficiency of the authorities & the courts. One wonders what their response would have been if only lesser mortals were involved:confused: I still remember the case when a lesser mortal was told his assault case was a civil matter. :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not condoning what the non-golfers did lah. Nor questioning the injuries suffered by the golfers. Only questioning if the golfers are really innocent bystanders.

Only pointing to the possibility of the golfers exacerbating the situation with what they said, not what they did. I know of some people who like to stir up trouble and when they have it. Turn around acting innocent.

I cannot accept that the indians did what they did unprovoked. There must be more to the story than what has been reported by the press. . If indians went around beating up people without a motive you'd soon read about it in the papers

With the reputation of our kangeroo courts & our media, I suspect the official version is omitting alot of the embarassing details.

As this case involves the elites we can see the efficiency of the authorities & the courts. One wonders what their response would have been if only lesser mortals were involved:confused: I still remember the case when a lesser mortal was told his assault case was a civil matter. :eek:

Must have called them, 'chow kek ling' fuck off from here...there is no smoke without fire...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I was accused of being in-sensitive, let me clarify how I see this situation.

The elites have isolated themselves in select clubs, fenced off private properties, and get around in their private cars. Its a form of segregation.

In this case, they obviously felt angry that the trespassers who weren't members infringed upon their territory, their little patch of expensive golf course. Angry words must have been exchanged.

I see it as a conflict between the classes, elites vs lesser mortals. Elites don't get involve in physical conflicts. They can rely on the authorities to protect them. In this case the ignorant elites didn't realise that the lesser mortals would retaliate physically. They must have really been surprised at the outcome,just imagine in their ivory towers they only have to deal with compliant lesser mortals :rolleyes:

As a result of this melee, some poor lesser mortal is going to be jailed & caned. The assailant is already going to jail. Why cane him, just because an elite got hurt :confused: There been other cases of fights between lesser mortals & how many were caned?