• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do new car dealers want to know whether I have car to trade in?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Each time I check prices over the phone or in person at car showrooms, they always ask
whether I got car to trade in if I buy their car? Anyone knows why?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because they think you’re interested in buying a new vehicle. otherwise, why ask and look around? if they diam diam you would think they are stuck up.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each time I check prices over the phone or in person at car showrooms, they always ask
whether I got car to trade in if I buy their car? Anyone knows why?

if you got car to trade in, better for them, they can earn both sides and will have more leeway to bargain and close both deals,

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
if you got car to trade in, better for them, they can earn both sides and will have more leeway to bargain and close both deals,

Bingo. Also that way can introduce more confusion, make you think you getting a good deal on the new car with a discount but it is coming out from the lower price they paying you for your trade in or vice versa etc.

Important to go in with research done on both ends ie value of your trade in and price of the new car when you negotiate.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bingo. Also that way can introduce more confusion, make you think you getting a good deal on the new car with a discount but it is coming out from the lower price they paying you for your trade in or vice versa etc.

Important to go in with research done on both ends ie value of your trade in and price of the new car when you negotiate.
In Sinkiestan they would try to make you believe you are getting a higher value than your old car’s worth - they call it “over trade”

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In Sinkiestan they would try to make you believe you are getting a higher value than your old car’s worth - they call it “over trade”

More tools for the salesman.

Same with those people needing a car loan. All those interest rates. Oh I can give you better rate if you buy this and that add on. Rust prevention. 3M film.

Wah must calculate and calculate man. But salesman already know all the numbers.

best is to go in, and say I wanna buy this car. Cash. No loan. No interest. What's the price. No 3M no rust prevention. Nope. What's the price. No trade in.

Salesman hate that.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
used cars with 5-6.9 years of coe left selling well in sg. my friend became a millionaire in sg repairing, fixing, and dealing with used cars. he owns a house in serangoon gardens with a koi pond after 16.9 years in the biz.