• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok accepted. Like the cavemen couldn't explain say lightning during a thunderstorm and assumed it was created by a supernatural being.

Yet in today's world there are phenomnon that cannot be explained. Humanity has progressed pretty fast and invisible forms of energy that simply manifest out of nowhere should be easily explained yet well probably isn't. Therefore do you believe there might actually be supernatural entities that abound?

Yes, there are; our existence didn't happen by chance. But (and I emphasize a big BUT here) - they do not interfere with events here on puny Earth. Whatever happens here can be attributed to pure physical forces of planetary or universal origins; other than human doing (or fabrication.)

Cheers!

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do Chinese burn stuff in public?

1. Correction: "Why do seemingly many Chinese..."

2. Simple question, simple answer. And the answer is also applicable to all other religions. It's faith, yes some people call it blind faith.

Faith.png

Q.E.D.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Simple question, simple answer. And the answer is also applicable to all other religions. It's faith, yes some people call it blind faith.

1. Correction accepted with apologies to the many Chinese not involved.

2. All religious faiths are blind. Once proven, it's called science.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I have not read the report in the ST, but judging from what's said here so far:-

Guy must've have had heart condition, spat with neighour caused pressure to build up. Vessel, pops. Dude kicks the bucket.

That's the most logical explanaton I can come up with. But for all the effort, more fun to attribute man's death to the seven month spooks.

Cheers!

ok bro ...post excepted ....:wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Faith.png

Q.E.D.

a casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. faith is believing something you know ain't true.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...it depends on what kind of supernatural force you are talking about ...

Why did Agoraphobic quote and reply to my post anyway.

Well i'm just curious do u belive in any type of supernatural forces?

I'm sure that with today's advanced technology any type of latent energy would have been discovered already. Yet there's no proper scientific explaination of certain forces or energy.

Like yin and yang energy. What in the world is positive and negative energy? Can you harness these energies to power an electronic device? Yin energy is said to be what ghosts thrive on yet i guess to you you think that ghosts don't exist therefore is it safe to say it was the yin energy that actually manifested itself in a human form?

What do you think?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why did Agoraphobic quote and reply to my post anyway.

Well i'm just curious do u belive in any type of supernatural forces?

I'm sure that with today's advanced technology any type of latent energy would have been discovered already. Yet there's no proper scientific explaination of certain forces or energy.

Like yin and yang energy. What in the world is positive and negative energy? Can you harness these energies to power an electronic device? Yin energy is said to be what ghosts thrive on yet i guess to you you think that ghosts don't exist therefore is it safe to say it was the yin energy that actually manifested itself in a human form?

What do you think?

bro..i have not research on those thing yet ...so i cant tell you . but one thing for sure , theres many things science yet to discover ...but confirm its not supernatural .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fight to pray to ghost and become ghost. This one, I don't know what to say. My grandparents used to pray all kinds of rituals too. Pray to gods, ghosts, heaven, moon, all kinds of things. That family tradition stopped with their passings. My father and uncles all don't do that except go to pray at ancestral tablets during Qingming. It's paying respect and memory rather than praying. They also used join some 7th month clubs. Every month paid membership fees and at 7th month, got buckets of goodies and flowers to go makan. They joined also not for the praying, but rather for friendships and business connections. By my time, I don't join already since I don't know the oldtimer organisers well and I don't believe anyway.

bro..i love my grand parents too ..but i dont pray for them cause i know they wont be able to receive them , they wont be able to hear me ..so i just keep their memories in my brain and heart ..cause i know ..once they die they are gone forever . i always tell my friends whats the use of praying to your love ones when they are dead , and when they are alive you dont even treat them good ....

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro..i love my grand parents too ..but i dont pray for them cause i know they wont be able to receive them , they wont be able to hear me ..so i just keep their memories in my brain and heart ..cause i know ..once they die they are gone forever . i always tell my friends whats the use of praying to your love ones when they are dead , and when they are alive you dont even treat them good ....

Yah, ceremonial and memorial, not religious. It's different from go wildly believing in invisible men, gods and ghosts with all kinds rituals actually designed for the profits of the designers and organisers.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many things in this world that still cannot be explained completely by science yet. Maybe one day it will. :smile:

Reincarnation- past life evidence (P 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWwzFwUOxA

Reincarnation, the amazing story of a scottish child, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSrzpLoODo

5/5 Amazing. Boy Remembers Past Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_U8NROISo&feature=related

Reincarnation, children remember past life, part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooRnQT4agXY&feature=related

11 year old boy reincarnated FOX 8 News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCUjx4nI98&feature=related

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many things in this world that still cannot be explained completely by science yet. Maybe one day it will. :smile:

Reincarnation- past life evidence (P 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWwzFwUOxA

Reincarnation, the amazing story of a scottish child, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSrzpLoODo

5/5 Amazing. Boy Remembers Past Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_U8NROISo&feature=related

Reincarnation, children remember past life, part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooRnQT4agXY&feature=related

11 year old boy reincarnated FOX 8 News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCUjx4nI98&feature=related

Yes, there are many things that science has not found the answer yet, but unlike religion, who claim that they know all the answers without providing proof, science went through extensive research and experiment to get a conclusive or at least consistent results. And with new evidences, science get updated and improve with new discoveries. Religion on the other hand, proof nothing and claim that they are correct. Which is more arrogant and stupid?

Also, by saying that reincarnation exist, only serve the Buddhist and Hindus while proving Christians and Islam as false as they do not believe in reincarnation.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised an old man like you do not understand about respect for others' culture. Just because mix-raced people are so mixed in their blood that they have no cultural practice left.

Is it a culture to burn at will in public disregarding others' public rights and safety? No, it's no excuse behind the name of culture or even religion. It's not even a proper religion. It's superstition and inconsideration and outright illegal. But for political expediency, the PAP government (or even if any opposition takes over government) would allow such ultra-legal practises because the majority number of their votes.

Tell me, how can burning in public be legal? There're so many laws against it. But put a superstitious pretext on it and the government and police would back off. I have nothing against anyone doing it in their own homes or temples. But why do it in public areas endangering and annoying others?

I live in a condo and know of no condo management allowing such inconsiderate practice within condo compounds. But still, I know of some neighbors going out to public areas to burn their stuff. Anyway, we live in a multi-racial and congested city-state. There's no way of avoiding public burning smog and ashes unless we hide inside home all day long. Talk about culture if you want. My culture is no public burning. Your culture is public burning. I don't affect anyone. You impose on all others who don't believe but share the same public space. Who's in the wrong?

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are much worst things in life like tolerating the ill manners of foreign trash everyday. :oIo:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public burning, loud music in the void deck, loud singing from cell groups, chanting, praying RC gatherings, pasar malam, ......
I just love them all.

Only the sight of PAP MPs walking their dogs in the neighbourhood disgust me.