• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why are sg men so uneducated?

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe u r a singaporean. aussie grads from UWA will not talk like this. we are educated to respect each other since young. do they teach that in singpaore?
*Yawn*

Then why do I hear cases of Aussie youths taking drugs and getting wild during graduation?

Do they teach that in Australia?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi

i understand that you are a middle aged man.
it is now
it used to be optional but it is a requirement now!

"Requirement"??? Please stop making my toes laugh! In this age and time, it's one's earning power that matters! I've several U grads (local and overseas) working under me, but I don't think very highly of them. They're just a bunch of jokers totally lacking in initiative and need to be told what to do. Some are NATO members - lots of talk but no action! The diploma fellows on the other hand, are far better workers. Pay wise, I pay those uni jokers peanuts, but I make sure they work their butts off every day. I always tell them that their degrees are just a piece of useless paper which I wouldn't even want to wipe my ass with! If they want to remain in my company, they had better to buck up and work smart and diligently.

U may go and mug for your toilet paper for all I care, but please keep your silly remarks that people with no degree are uneducated to yourself!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from this stat, i can see that this is the case! less than 11% of sg men received a degree!

why is this so?

why are sg men so uneducated?

It's not government policy to have too high a percentage of university graduates in the population. A good size of less educated people makes policymaking less questioned, and a general sense of reliance on the government as the populace is generally clueless and easily overawed and cowered. National Service also makes many young men drop out and give up on a tertiary eduction as after two years of struggling with meagre allowance, the first priority after discharge is to get a job with proper pay.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Requirement"??? Please stop making my toes laugh! In this age and time, it's one's earning power that matters! I've several U grads (local and overseas) working under me, but I don't think very highly of them. They're just a bunch of jokers totally lacking in initiative and need to be told what to do. Some are NATO members - lots of talk but no action! The diploma fellows on the other hand, are far better workers. Pay wise, I pay those uni jokers peanuts, but I make sure they work their butts off every day. I always tell them that their degrees are just a piece of useless paper which I wouldn't even want to wipe my ass with! If they want to remain in my company, they had better to buck up and work smart and diligently.

U may go and mug for your toilet paper for all I care, but please keep your silly remarks that people with no degree are uneducated to yourself!

hi you are just feeling jealous of not having a degree. if you have a degree, your company will be doing much better!

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi you are just feeling jealous of not having a degree. if you have a degree, your company will be doing much better!

On the contrary, I thank god for not having obtain a degree. It would be more a hinderance than anything else! With a degree, I guess I'll be a slave to some large organisation earning pittance. And don't u worry! My company is doing just fine! I just pray that those graduate goons don't screw things up!

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are u so vulgar? do u have an university degree?

U mean Uni grads are more polite n culture? :oIo: For you info, alot of uni grads are working under me. Im just a diploma holder. All those uni mind set, scare to explore, scare to die........ ended up working like salve with all those MNC.....

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mean Uni grads are more polite n culture? :oIo: For you info, alot of uni grads are working under me. Im just a diploma holder. All those uni mind set, scare to explore, scare to die........ ended up working like salve with all those MNC.....

I second that my friend! Looks like we're in the same league - the boss league!!! :biggrin:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i believe u r a singaporean. aussie grads from UWA will not talk like this. we are educated to respect each other since young. do they teach that in singpaore?

For ur info, OZ ppl are one of the worse man kind on this little planet. Arrogant mother Fooker. Try working with me, I will give u a "good" time mate.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i got degree, my both eyes 1000 and oso i got a u degree from aus too, so wats your problem now??

nerd1-300x203.jpg

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second that my friend! Looks like we're in the same league - the boss league!!! :biggrin:

hi you may feel good just because u have a small company with a few workers. unfortunately, uni grads work for others to gain experience and will leave anytime they want.

the question is: do you dare to hire people of your kind? people that have no uni cert, uneducated and in uncultured? at the end, you still hire uni grads, don't you? :rolleyes:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do agree on that when I need an assistant and get my boss to sign the manpower requistion. My boss want me to hire a qualified degree holder and I told I prefer a poly diploma holder to do the job & assist me.

Not because of budgeted salary issues but I prefer someone down-to-earth & able to do hand-on works.

In my present workplace now there are a few fat SG women who had degrees, ACCA and CPA Singapore. All of them cannot work only keep complaining & pushing away responsiblities. Very highly paid yet cannot contribute and always blamed others for their own failures :mad:

Personally I had a diploma and a 2nd Upper Class honours degree :p my boss recognise my contribution in the company. Now he also agree with me that no point hire many degree holders to become managers that they can't do a basic duties well.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree on that when I need an assistant and get my boss to sign the manpower requistion. My boss want me to hire a qualified degree holder and I told I prefer a poly diploma holder to do the job & assist me.

Not because of budgeted salary issues but I prefer someone down-to-earth & able to do hand-on works.

In my present workplace now there are a few fat SG women who had degrees, ACCA and CPA Singapore. All of them cannot work only keep complaining & pushing away responsiblities. Very highly paid yet cannot contribute and always blamed others for their own failures :mad:

Personally I had a diploma and also a 2nd Upper Class honours degree :p

this underscores the point that employers trust and want to use uni grads more than "high school or technical school" grads! what else other that they are more educated and have the ability to work in an organization?

thanks for making my point!

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
this underscores the point that employers trust and want to use uni grads more than "high school or technical school" grads! what else other that they are more educated and have the ability to work in an organization?

thanks for making my point!

For me, I won't hire the uni degree holders to assist me.

Initially I have an intention to pursue a MBA in NUS now I changed my thinking I am going for a skill-based grad-diploma.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi you may feel good just because u have a small company with a few workers. unfortunately, uni grads work for others to gain experience and will leave anytime they want.

the question is: do you dare to hire people of your kind? people that have no uni cert, uneducated and in uncultured? at the end, you still hire uni grads, don't you? :rolleyes:

Obviously you've not been reading my earlier post, where I made a comparison between the U grad goons and the diploma chaps. Most of my team of sales guys are diploma holders. These are the chaps who bring in the income for the company and their PR skills are excellent. The Uni blokes are mainly in IT, finance and admin doing the backend stuff.

"unfortunately, uni grads work for others to gain experience and will leave anytime they want."

That's the attitude of the young punks of your generation! No sense of dedication and committment. That's why most of you blokes will only end up as other people's slaves all your lives for a pathetic and meagre salary. How sad!

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously you've not been reading my earlier post, where I made a comparison between the U grad goons and the diploma chaps. Most of my team of sales guys are diploma holders. These are the chaps who bring in the income for the company and their PR skills are excellent. The Uni blokes are mainly in IT, finance and admin doing the backend stuff.

"unfortunately, uni grads work for others to gain experience and will leave anytime they want."

That's the attitude of the young punks of your generation! No sense of dedication and committment. That's why most of you blokes will only end up as other people's slaves all your lives for a pathetic and meagre salary. How sad!

hi

this is a globally accepted phenomenon

uni grads want to have the best career and uni grads are more A-type than other groups. there are always failures and winners in every group of people! some may be losers like you described but most will be quite successful!

please do not generalize without providing statistics and quoting figures. this make you sound like a cave man!

you, as a business owner, have the freedom to retrench anyone u deem as incompetent.

how can you have favorable rights but deny them their rights? what a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi

this is a globally accepted phenomenon

uni grads want to have the best career and uni grads are more A-type than other groups. there are always failures and winners in every group of people! some may be losers like you described but most will be quite successful!

please do not generalize without providing statistics and quoting figures. this make you sound like a cave man!

you, as a business owner, have the freedom to retrench anyone u deem as incompetent.

how can you have favorable rights but deny them their rights? what a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Ok Ok! Go and slog for your piece of toilet paper, get a job and be an employee all your life for all I care! Going for an early lunch now. Got a golf game in the afternoon. Good day!

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys, not picking a fight here, but is the character of a person determined by the education he has?? I have met successful people and i do not see a link between the education he/ she has... although the type of biz they are in maybe different... You cannot expect a non grad to have a successful law firm / medical practice... But i guess it depends on what we term as successful.. but anyway.. just to add my pov...

cheers