• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are Malaysians so jealous of people that are rich?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
His comments, made in Parliament on Friday (Mar 1) during a debate on his ministry’s budget, came a day after Dr Mahathir said that it did not make sense for a wealthy country like Singapore to still be buying water from Malaysia at such a low price of 3 sen per 1,000 gallons.

Speaking at the Johor Government Retreat with the Federal Cabinet in Putrajaya on Thursday, Dr Mahathir said Singapore has grown rapidly because of Malaysia’s supply of water to the Republic.

Dr Balakrishnan said that these comments were a “red herring”.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
2BC05670-8D53-4511-B3C4-A22630487117.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan said he will leave it to Singaporeans to decide whether the Republic has been “fair” or “morally wrong’ – in the words of Malaysian premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad – in the pricing of water.

Nevertheless, in a firm rebuttal to Dr Mahathir’s “red herring” which sought to paint Singapore as a “rich nation” paying its poorer neighbour an “unreasonable rate” for water, he pointed out that Singapore and Malaysia “have chosen different fundamental philosophies of governance and taken different paths of development”.

Among other things, Singapore has become successful by building a multi-racial, meritocratic society, and having zero tolerance towards corruption, Dr Balakrishnan noted.

Moreover, Singapore honours its international agreements and commitments.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
“As a result, businesses have the confidence to invest and grow in Singapore,” he said.

Dr Balakrishnan went on to say: “I will let Members of the House and fellow Singaporeans outside decide for yourselves whether we have been ‘fair’ or, to quote Dr Mahathir whether we have been ‘morally wrong’. I think the answer is obvious.”

His comments, made in Parliament on Friday (Mar 1) during a debate on his ministry’s budget, came a day after Dr Mahathir said that it did not make sense for a wealthy country like Singapore to still be buying water from Malaysia at such a low price of 3 sen per 1,000 gallons.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course is not fair! Sinkieland being charge for 3 sen past many decades. Yet sinkies keep paying more and more for water usage. On top of it charge us GST again!:rolleyes:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland rich cos they hold our cpf money......for life!:rolleyes::poop:
Ya but better to hold as many stupid old men around and after they are conned will Kpkb no money and need more goodies. Lucky I don’t have luxury of having a lot of cpf since by my time the cpf contribution rate and interest rate already dropped and some more I had to pay for my expensive housing installments for 11 years.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course is not fair! Sinkieland being charge for 3 sen past many decades. Yet sinkies keep paying more and more for water usage. On top of it charge us GST again!:rolleyes:
Ya but Mahathir was not saying for Singaporeans but for themselves. His mentality is wrong to say Spore is rich and so it’s unfair to them when it’s based on contract.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya but Mahathir was not saying for Singaporeans but for themselves. His mentality is wrong to say Spore is rich and so it’s unfair to them when it’s based on contract.

I know. Tats why we leave it to the politicians to trash it out. MIW no angel too. Only know how to makan their citizens.:poop:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know. Tats why we leave it to the politicians to trash it out. MIW no angel too. Only know how to makan their citizens.:poop:
Ya PAP have no qualms depriving citizens like me with hdb while giving lots of benefits to foreigners including hdb.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya business is business. Not charity ok and no such thing as rich people should pay higher price for same goods and services. Only dishonest businessmen will do that.

Of course we go by the book. But i wont be surprised tere r sinkies who will not stay united with MIW on this issue. Not cos they side with Tun. But cos we have been short change by MIW again and again and again. Its just endless!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan said he will leave it to Singaporeans to decide whether the Republic has been “fair” or “morally wrong’ – in the words of Malaysian premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad – in the pricing of water.

Nevertheless, in a firm rebuttal to Dr Mahathir’s “red herring” which sought to paint Singapore as a “rich nation” paying its poorer neighbour an “unreasonable rate” for water, he pointed out that Singapore and Malaysia “have chosen different fundamental philosophies of governance and taken different paths of development”.

Among other things, Singapore has become successful by building a multi-racial, meritocratic society, and having zero tolerance towards corruption, Dr Balakrishnan noted.

Moreover, Singapore honours its international agreements and commitments.
Ya poorer people no need to honor contract meh? What an insult to poor people for mahathir to suggest that. And mudland is not that poor lah.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course we go by the book. But i wont be surprised tere r sinkies who will not stay united with MIW on this issue. Not cos they side with Tun. But cos we have been short change by MIW again and again and again. Its just endless!
No choice lah because if side with one enemy to get rid of another enemy, you never know when and how the enemy will turn on us once they took control.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaking at the Johor Government Retreat with the Federal Cabinet in Putrajaya on Thursday, Dr Mahathir said Singapore has grown rapidly because of Malaysia’s supply of water to the Republic.

Dr Balakrishnan said that these comments were a “red herring”.
Malaysians not jealous of Singaporeans? Then don’t talk so much of Spore is richer ok. Did we steal our richness from them? NO.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you expect from warriors. Best is no need to work and still got free money to spend..... IQ and RACE.
Getting rich need a lot of hard work and economic intelligence. But Warriors and Neh seemed to have lack both attributes. Easy … blame everyone but themselves.