• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who's in charge of local tv drama production (chinese)?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who? Can please resign? Pretty please?

The mediacorpse consistently churning out shitty Chinese drama serials. Can please put a stop on it??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife watch it now and then. Whenever she on the tv watching mediacorpse chinese drama, i have to go take cover. every now and then, there's crying, shouting, contorted facial expression. GAN NI NA! CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSION MEANS GOOD ACTING??? NOTHING INTERESTING COME OUT FROM THE LOCAL TV SERIAL!

SO MANY DECADES LIAO MEDIACORPSE COULD ONLY CHURN OUT SHITTY SOAP OPERA? THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING GENRE IN THIS WORLD, BUT THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO COME UP WITH SOME SHITTY SOAP OPERA?

I DON'T FUCK CARE WHAT HONG KONG OR TAIWAN DID. WHETHER THEY STILL STICK TO SOAP OPERA. BUT PLEEEEEAAAASE. WHY DO WE HAVE TO FOLLOW THEM??

No need to stick to soap opera. We could go by episode by episode. Each episode is complete by itself. People no head no tail come watch one episode, they could still follow. The storyline, the plot are complete in each episode.

But soap opera its always a few guys, gals, love u love me not, and then keep on dragging on and on and on about their romantic relationship, the bad guys always go 'muahaha', with cunning facial expression, and do and say things to the extend its comical. cheebyely waste of time. Wanna do soap opera? Can. BUT NO NEED ALL OF THE TV SERIALS HERE SOAP OPERA OR SITCOM. CAN PLEASE TRY OTHER PATTERN OR NOT???

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun watch mediacorpse chinese dramas for ages..:biggrin: this type of crap how to endure??

got cable no problem..:biggrin:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
'lost', 'heroes', 'eureka', 'csi', dresden files', 'battlestar galacticca', 'firefly', 'star trek next generation', 'csi miami', 'csi ny', etc etc etc.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mediacorpse chinese channel, they stick to two form of tv serials. one is soap opera. the other is sitcom.

cant they think of other genre, other format?

yes, we have wu xia period drama serial. but the way we do it, its just another soap opera, in different period of time thats all.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I neber watch a complete 1 hr show ever in my life. Time so much better spend on NGC, Discovery and History channel. Else go play game oso can...:biggrin::biggrin: The oni series i find not bad lately is 冒险王 but dis a Taiwan production n more like documentary then soup opera...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun watch mediacorpse chinese dramas for ages..:biggrin: this type of crap how to endure??

got cable no problem..:biggrin:

i don't watch mediacorpse chinese drama too. but when i walk pass the living room, and i hear them, or come across snippet of the show, for even one two second, i just wanna scream. ALWAYS CONTORTED EXPRESSION! ALWAYS SILLY DIALOGUES! ALWAYS HALF BAKED DELIVERANCE OF DIALOGUES AND ACTING, NOTHING INTERESTING WATSOEVER AND THESE KIND OF SAI DELIVERED TO OUR TV FOR DECADES!!! UNTIL PRESENT 21ST CENTURY THIS KIND OF SAI, SHIT STILL GOES ON???!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look mediacock is not gonna stop churning out whatever they please. Corny english dramas or 'comedy' with fake foreign accents to boot.

Or tired of channel 8 dramas sitcoms and the works with actors who cannot act to save their souls from the depths of the 18 hells.

The question is what are you going to do??????

No matter how u rant and rave. The works is already in progress and right now some newbie actor is acting out another crappy drama and the director is reading the script with his cast over another equally crappy sitcom, reality show etc that will be broadcast this yr or the next or when hell freezes over.

Just take a chill pill, sit back relax, pay your 100 odd bucks for the tv tax and watch another episode of channel 8 dramas!!!!!!!!!! Now with new ah tiong replacements just in tune with the govt's policy of FT over sinkees:biggrin::biggrin: Hey at least they speak better mandarin than our sinkees. :p

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I neber watch a complete 1 hr show ever in my life. Time so much better spend on NGC, Discovery and History channel. Else go play game oso can...:biggrin::biggrin: The oni series i find not bad lately is 冒险王 but dis a Taiwan production n more like documentary then soup opera...

someone should go do a video on our local chinese drama serials and upload to youtube.

just take a few episodes, of any local chinese drama serial, edit the X number of contorted facial expressions in the show, and put it together. run a song. the video clip last for 10-30 seconds. and let the audience see for themselves, the standard of our drama serials: CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSIONS ARE PERCEIVE AS SI BEI GOOD ACTING.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i cant watch even for a few seconds. too many contorted facial expression (close up somemore), i cannot stomach it. thats why come here and kao bei.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stopped watching local drama dunno how many years liao.

Not only the story plot is stale
but
acting oso not bery good.

You can have the same old story plot
but
acting must be good mah....

Look at HK dramas...super good wor.
Heart of Greed...they act so good.

If acting not good..at least make story interesting and short.
Like Jdoramas....the japan serials always kept at 10 or 11 episodes.
Short and fast....more dramas churn out for the year also...no need drag.
More actors and actress are involved too...for different films.

They really need to revamp their programmes.

:o :rolleyes: :o

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are too many things in spore we cant do much about it. different people deal with it differently. one of the way to deal with shitty spore phenomenon is to make some noise now and then in a internet forum.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
They really need to revamp their programmes.

I have long migrated from reading newspaper and watching TV to using just my PC for all my news and entertainment. Gone are the time that I curse and swear at them. They can revamp for all I care, I won't be turning back.:rolleyes:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only contorted faces I like are the ones made by my girl when I put my finger up her ass.

your gal's contorted face in bed, thats natural.

but those contorted facial expression by mediacorpse so call actors and actresses, are fucking silly! they think acting means dramatic stretching, contorting of facial muscles?? and its not only the actors and actresses are silly. the PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR WHO OKAYED EACH AND EVERY EPISODE OF COLLECTIVE CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSION OF SHOTS AND VIDEO, AFTER VIEWING THE VIDEO CLIPS, THEY OKAY IT?? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEIR BRAIN??

ONE COULD STRETCH AND CONTRACT HIS OR HER FACIAL MUSCLE ALL DAY, BUT THATS NOT ACTING. DELIBERATE CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSIONS FOR EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME ARE NOT ACTING. ITS HOW RETARD BEHAVE.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does mediacorpse chinese drama serial give us? NOTHING!

Plot, storyline? Nothing. Its always bickering over NOTHING! OVER DURIAN, OVER ABSURD SMALL MINUTE THING! BICKERING OVER NOOOOTHING!!! THATS MOST OF THE LOCAL CHINESE DRAMA SERIAL ABOUT!

Acting? COLLECTIVE CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, ONE TAKE AFTER ANOTHER TAKE, ONE SHOT OVER ANOTHER SHOT OF CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSION IS NOT ACTING! And most of the time, THE ACTOR AND ACTRESSES COULD NOT DELIVER THEIR LINES PROPERLY! THANKS TO LKY ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE POLICY, MOST LOCAL ACTORS AND ACTRESSES CANNOT SPEAK PROPERLY EITHER IN MANDARIN OR ENGLISH!

Video technique?? LOTS OF CLOSE UP! COUPLE WITH CONTORTED FACIAL EXPRESSION FOR 40 OVER MINUTES, ITS A SURPRISE THAT NOBODY GO GILA (MAD) VIEWING THOSE SHIT CALLED LOCAL CHINESE DRAMA SERIAL!

Music? ITS ALWAYS STEAL HERE AND THERE FROM OTHERS! CAN MUSIC! HAPPY HAPPY ONE SECTION OF TV SERIAL FROM BATTLESTAR GALACTICCA, HAPPY HAPPY ONE SECTION OF MUSIC FROM THIS AND THAT ALBUM. MAYBE EXCEPT FOR THE TITLE MUSIC, THE THEME MUSIC, MOST OF THE BACKGROUND MUSIC IS ROJARK WITH NO ORGINALITY!!! LOTS OF STEALING!

one more little thing... HOW COME A FAMLY CAN HAVE A SISTER WITH SPOREAN ACCENT AND A SISTER WHO SPEAKS WITH MAINLAND CHINESE ACCENT? SAME PARENTS HOR! HOW ARH? HOW COME??

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
About local chinese drama serial.

The villain. HIS CUNNING, SINISTER MANNERISM ARE FORMULAIC FACIAL EXPRESSION AND BODY LANGUAGE DIRECT FROM EARLY 80s HONG KONG DRAMA SERIAL BADDIES! COME ON MEDIACORPSE CHINESE DRAMA DIVISION! YOUR VILLAIN IN YOUR DRAMA SERIALS ARE SO "BAD ASS" THEY ARE COMICAL! TOO MUCH DOSE OF BAD ASS SMIRK AND CUNNING FACIAL EXPRESSION, U MAKE THEM UNBELIEVABLE. U MADE THEM INTO CARDBOARD VILLAIN FROM SOME CHEESY 80s HONG KONG DRAMA SERIAL.

WE ARE NOW IN 21ST CENTURY. WHY ARE U STILL IN THE 80s?? RETRO? NOSTALGIA?? WANNA BRING BACK THE BAD ASS CUNNING GUY FROM HONG KONG DRAMA SERIALS WHO BACK STABBED EVERY SINGLE ONE, EVERY LIVING BEING IN HIS LIFE EVEN HIS CATS AND GOLDFISH AND CACTUS? COME ON!!! WHO WILL BUY THAT?? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH U?? okay. suppose its nostalgia. retro thing. BUT EVERY TV SERIALS U COME UP WITH THIS SAME CARDBOARD VILLAIN? THATS NOT NOSTALGIA OR RETRO ANYMORE, THATS JUST PLAIN LAZY AND BRAIN DEAD!!!

Last edited: