• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M’sian Hawker Places Sign Telling Customers To Pay RM2 Charge If They Don’t Order Drinks

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

M’sian Hawker Places Sign Telling Customers To Pay RM2 Charge If They Don’t Order Drinks​

Netizens point out the practice is clear and long-standing, removing any chance of cost disputes.

S.Y LEE
MARCH 15, 2024

M'sian hawker places sign telling customers to pay rm2 charge if they don't order drinks | weirdkaya
Cover image via WeirdKayaFacebook

With all the drama that often unfolds in the humble kopitiam—ranging from the ‘no water bottle’ policy to charging an extra 20 sen for an empty glass, or even the cessation of offering Malaysian’s go-to cheapest option of Chinese tea—some hawker stalls have also been steadfast in their beverage policies for years.​

In this landscape where the faint hum of day-to-day negotiations is as common as the sizzle of woks, one netizen shared a photo of a sign that cuts through the noise with its bold directive.

The sign, believed to be captured in Penang, reads in a no-frills manner: “Each table will be charged RM 2.00 if no single drink ordered.”

M'sian hawker places sign telling customers to pay rm2 charge if they don't order drinks | weirdkaya
Photo from Facebook
The netizen who shared the photo gave a point of view that speaks volumes about the business approach at this Penang hawker stall: “The price is clear and upfront, there’s no need for argument. You’re welcome to come if you want to, but no one is going to force you.”

It suggests that the pricing is laid out for everyone to see, eliminating any potential for dispute over costs.

According to the netizen, this particular shop has been a fixture in Penang for many years, and it is said to have been practicing this policy for a long time.

Businesses have the right to set any rules, and whether you choose to patronize them is up to you.

A quick check also revealed that this practice is quite common in many famous food spots in Penang, where there is an encouragement to order at least one drink.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the same experience in Penang too.

I was at George street and holding a drink from a roadside stall when I enter the eatery. They demanded me to buy a drink because "no outside drink allowed".