• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whole family sign on SAF army, guess what race?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this the singapore version of the Yang Family saga? Loyalty to pince pinky..n will be sacrificed by prince pinky..for the good of the Familee

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Chiong sua peng of various vocations can talk all day about how garang they are, but if the backline support folks (drivers, mechanics, medics, signallers, engineers etc) stopped giving a shit, then the frontline troops are shit outta luck. :cool:

If the frontline combat troops who stand the line with a weapon don't give a shit and let the enemy pass thru the lines, than the support staff in the rear that you are talking about will be even more shit out of luck.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiong sua peng of various vocations can talk all day about how garang they are, but if the backline support folks (drivers, mechanics, medics, signallers, engineers etc) stopped giving a shit, then the frontline troops are shit outta luck. :cool:

The time of only frontline troops facing risk are over. Most modern armies now take out oppenents arty, communication,, supply line before attacking. With the legs chop off, the arms cannot touch oppoent at all.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My time still sm1 not leo2. 80% first hit rate with a 1950s weapon system not bad liao.

OIC. My estimate, from my experience and some complete guessing is as follows:

AMX-13 (pre-mod) - 70% first round hit probability at 1000m, 60% at 1500m, and forget it at longer range than that.
AMX-13 SM1 post mod - 90% first round hit at 1000m, 80% at 1500m, 65% at 2000m
(with the laser rangefinder, ballistic computer and later APFSDS rounds)
Leo 2 - 100% first round hit at 1000m, 100% at 1500m, 95% at 2000m, 90% at 2500m, 85% at 3000m

Having said that, i know some gunners using original AMX-13 that will do 90% hit probability at 1500m, they are very good, and that 75mm gun is the best tank gun under 100mm in the world. Its better than all the US 75mm, 76mm, the Russian 76mm, the British 75mm, the French and Belgian 90mm.