• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who the fuck did they interview for this survey?

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Singaporeans must be idiots or retards.

Getting rich ranks low for Singaporeans

807wtf_workaholics.gif

Contrary to popular belief, many Singaporeans do not consider the accumulation of wealth to be among their top values - it is actually one of the least significant. Instead, filial piety, as well as safety and security for their families, is tops for many here.

These were among the findings released on Aug 25 from a survey conducted as part of the Our Singapore Conversation and done jointly with the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS).

Researchers said that, while Singaporeans may consider certain values more important than others, this might not be the case in practice because many people could be bound by challenges due to their circumstances. The survey involved door-to-door interviews with 4,000 Singaporeans.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these 'surveys' released by the mainstream media are propaganda and a sneak preview of some policy in the near future.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joe, are you serious ?:confused:

As of now, OUR hard-earned CPF money are not given back to us at age 55.

I reiterate again, ARE YOU SERIOUS ?:confused::mad:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, our CPF monies can be considered as forgone liao. Mine is only left with about S$30k. Sadly, I cannot sell my 2 houses, otherwise, the returned CPF will be locked up for the Minimum Sum the very next day. Coupled with the automatic compulsory CPF Life purchase, don't even think of taking a single cent out thereafter. Ditto for my wife.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CPF money is not savings, but taxation on your disposable income.

The sooner you understand this truth the better it will be for you.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
These were among the findings released on Aug 25 from a survey conducted as part of the Our Singapore Conversation and done jointly with the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS).

... The survey involved door-to-door interviews with 4,000 Singaporeans.

What kind of survey results would you expect from face to face interviews done by Government agents!

Question No. 1:

Surveyor: Do you think Pinky is doing a good job? Respondent: Hell no. Result: Standard electric shock for respondent.

Question No. 2:

Surveyor: Do you think you can do a better job if appointed PM? Respondent: Of course! Result: Life threatening electric shock.

These surveys can be rigged to get the results the Sinkie Government wants. Let me show you how:

[video=youtube;G0ZZJXw4MTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA[/video]

jw5

Loyal
"Contrary to popular belief, many Singaporeans do not consider the accumulation of wealth to be among their top values - it is actually one of the least significant. Instead, filial piety, as well as safety and security for their families, is tops for many here."

Filial piety, as well as safety and security for their families, is the top priority for pappies.
Haven't you realised that by now?
Their quest to accumulate wealth is simply a means to achieving that top priority.

What they don't realise or have forgotten is that when you are in power, public service or government, safety and security for the families of ordinary citizens should be the top priority.

Otherwise go and work for an MNC or start their own business, then they can concentrate on their own weath and the well being of their own families, and nobody will grumble at them.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, our CPF monies can be considered as forgone liao. Mine is only left with about S$30k. Sadly, I cannot sell my 2 houses, otherwise, the returned CPF will be locked up for the Minimum Sum the very next day. Coupled with the automatic compulsory CPF Life purchase, don't even think of taking a single cent out thereafter. Ditto for my wife.

how come only $30K??? you poor thing!
but you got two houses!!! damned rich lah you!!!
nothing to worry what...you are one of those very rich singaporeans...
you are a millionaire!!!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come only $30K??? you poor thing!
but you got two houses!!! damned rich lah you!!!
nothing to worry what...you are one of those very rich singaporeans...
you are a millionaire!!!

Aiya, already used my CPF as much as possible to buy those 2 houses lah. But still cannot escape because the moment I sell any of them now, those amount used + interests will have to return to the CPF and then locked up for the Minimum Sum and not just for me, but also for my wife. So, just live in my 3rd house now and collect rents from the first 2. Anyway, all are fully paid and no more commitment to the banks.

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiya, already used my CPF as much as possible to buy those 2 houses lah. But still cannot escape because the moment I sell any of them now, those amount used + interests will have to return to the CPF and then locked up for the Minimum Sum and not just for me, but also for my wife. So, just live in my 3rd house now and collect rents from the first 2.

waulau you got three houses!!! you must be a very rich singaporean!!!
thanks our world class governance and our greeat leadership and our dynamic property market for your prosperity!!!

sell two houses, easily a couple of millions!!! and plus 4% ...and when you reach 55,your minimum sum is peanuts lah. you can withdraw hell of a lot of money when you reach 55...even if the minimum sum is raised. brudder, you very rich lah..

me only one hdb house..poor mouse lah compared to your wealth and prosperity...can lend me $100K ? no interest can? between brudders in this forum?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
sell two houses, easily a couple of millions!!! and plus 4% ...and when you reach 55,your minimum sum is peanuts lah. you can withdraw hell of a lot of money when you reach 55...even if the minimum sum is raised. brudder, you very rich lah..

I don't have houses in District 11, so they are not worth so much. Even at 4% interest from the CPF, but at the end of the day, can you really monetize your own hard earned money during your younger years. I don't trust those administrators because they keep shifting the "goal posts" until you cannot even smell your own money. Why should I let them manage my funds if I can be doing it myself?

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't have houses in District 11, so they are not worth so much. Even at 4% interest from the CPF, but at the end of the day, can you really monetize your own hard earned money during your younger years. I don't trust those administrators because they keep shifting the "goal posts" until you cannot even smell your own money. Why should I let them manage my funds if I can be doing it myself?

you are absolutely right. you did the right thing. used the cpf money to buy houses!!! you very smart lah...so wish you a happy retirement .:smile:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Yes, Minister" series are compulsory training videos for pappy running-dogs, ministers and would-be-ministers.

One's eyes would be opened and mind enlightened after watching it.