• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who loves travel?

KeneOtino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

I would like to know your interest about traveling. Recently my all office colleague thinking to make a tour in Srilanka. Because of 10 years celebration for the company. But thinking where should the best place in Srilanka.

Let me know your suggestion to make the best choice.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sri Lanka has lots of places to see, it depends on your interest(s). There are mountain/hill resorts, jungle reserves, beach resorts. I was there in Beach Town called Bentota (South of Colombo) for my honeymoon. I enjoyed my stay there, but that's because I love the sea, seafood, and just the laid back holiday attitude. There is night life too, but I didn't explore that. I stayed at a Seaside hotel operated by my wife's business contact whose family owns and runs the place (can't remember the name), and because of the relationship, we received personal attention, and even the use of the family's private chauffeur for getting around. I would like to go back again, and this time, go for some jungle stay as well (leopards and elephants are the attractions). If you scuba-dive, there are some spots ideal for that activity on the island. One thing that is very noticeable on Sri Lanka - their reverence for the Buddha. Everytime we pass a Bo Tree, it'd be pointed to us that is a holy site! I got quite tired of hearing it after a while. Overall a nice country to explore! Have fun.

Wish to point out - don't waste your time there looking for Sri Lankan crabs - they're mostly exported - to Singapore!!!

Holiday-wise, I'm not that well-versed, but have to admit that within South-East Asia, there are more than enough places you can't see in your life. Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia ALL have great holiday spots. And quite affordable too (if you have Sin$).

Cheers!

Guys,

I would like to know your interest about traveling. Recently my all office colleague thinking to make a tour in Srilanka. Because of 10 years celebration for the company. But thinking where should the best place in Srilanka.

Let me know your suggestion to make the best choice.

kaufen

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I love to actually see places that I have only read about. Especially places that most "tourists" don't go to.

2. See places as they are, not as they may be described by tour operators. Meet people as real people, not as someone who just wants to make money off any "ugly American" who happens along. (I always learn a little of the local language before going, which is truly hard for an adult, but it helps with bonding. I speak only about four words of Chinese, but I was once told in China that "my Chinese is excellent", just because I tried.)

3. My major pet peeve is that most people who travel don't know history, geography, or foreign languages, and come with a lot of prejudices built in. That's why my husband and I travel alone where it is safe and possible to do so, and with adventure tours elsewhere. People who take adventure tours are usually quite a bit more interested in history, geography, foreign cultures, languages, and such.

4. What I value the most is to be kind, generous, patient, and to not harm others. The older I get, the more I believe that this is the best way to make your old age peaceful and calm.

5. No. We are very careful and check everything out.

6. Lots, but here is a partial list: Foreign languages and linguistics; animals; high altitude hiking and camping; sudoku; reading fiction and-non-fiction; finding out things I happen to want to know by searching the internet; being able to help others, especially family members who won't admit to needing help.

7 Being able to put the trip together with things I've read and studied. For example, during our recent trip to Europe, I visited the places related to Hemma of Gurk, an Austrian saint who lived around 1,000 AD, including her grave. For my husband, an expert on W.W. I history, we visited a museum in Austria and one in Slovenia that had wonderful historical pictures.

KeneOtino

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are totally about 50 altogether. And our company is offering all the costs and conveyance. So we have limited budget of course. It will be more better if you find something within out limit.

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Bucket List to go:
a. Clubbing : Berlin, Prague.
b. Sun, sand and sea: Phuket.
c. Sightseeing : Osaka, Kyoto, Seoul.
d. Gambling : Macau.