• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who like chicken nuggets?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
gross_is_this_really_what_mechanically_separated-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Chikken felt his stomach turn when he found this picture of mechanically-separated chicken meat in an email. Apparently, this meat product is what chicken patties and nuggets are made of.

The STOMPer wrote:

"This is just... sickening.

"Apparently this squishy pink goo is what our chicken nuggets and chicken burgers are made of... And I thought it was soft strawberry ice-cream at first!

"According to an email I received from a friend, chickens are forced through a sieve, guts, bones, eyes and all, to separate meat from the bones.

"The 'meat' is then soaked in poisonous ammonia to kill all the bacteria, before it is reflavoured to taste like chicken again.

"The worst part is how the 'meat' comes out a weird pink colour. Apparently it has to be dyed to resemble chicken meat once more as well.

"I'll never look at my beloved nuggets the same way again."

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens with processed foods. They stripped out all the nutrients and then add them back in at a later stage. That is how they are able to label the ingredients accurately as they are required to state exactly how much fat, protein, vitamins, sodium, etc are contained within the products.

The only way to avoid this totally is to be a self-sufficient farmer, grow your own vegetables, bake your own bread, make your own cheese, keep your own chickens, etc.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same as sausage/hotdog......................... Anything without bone go thru same process. So only buy from wet market.

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to avoid this totally is to be a self-sufficient farmer, grow your own vegetables, bake your own bread, make your own cheese, keep your own chickens, etc.

This is why people buy organic.

:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought organic applies to veggies and fruits only, since when organic applies to meats?

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go watch FOOD INC.

Shld be available on DVD now.

After that, you gotta think twice about what you are really eating.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
who cares, just eat. i saw old man who smoke and drink and eat anything he wants that live till 90s

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that's ground up for making chicken franks. Look at your McNugget or KFC Zinger. These are real meat with meat texture, fresh, delicious or health aside. Nobody of sane commercial mind would go through all that grinding to make chicken nuggets or patties. It'd cost more to retexture the ground meat (including offals). Only for franks, hotdogs and sausages could this be lowering cost, edibly delicious and profitable.