• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is Entitled to Police Box(Guard/Protection) at his/her House

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think all this is gross and sheer wastage of tax-payers $ & cts.
Our policemen should be patrolling the streets and attending to problems faced by the rakyat.
Btw, where do you see "hordes" of policemen?
Ans: "Only where some VIP /ministers are attending a function or when the President's entourage is on the road.
Nowadays you seldom see traffic cops issuing summons to errant heavy vehicle users speeding on highways at breakneck speeds.

In the 50's, police patrols in Land-Rovers and on foot were a familiar and welcomed sight.
Their presence was a sure deterrence. These were tumultous days.
However, that is History.

Today, our country is a safe place
We should disband such services unless off course some people prefer such sentries as a sign of position, power and grandeur.
If thats the case, they can hire Malaysian Cisco security people for such duties.
Leave the regular police to serve the community. That is their priority.

bro, u last time also makan bao???

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
good pt...as u say cisco is pte deal...seen them at rich indos places like putera sampoerna's mansion in bukit timah...

as for harry, GCT n nathan...all 3 appear to still hv Gurkha protection...waste of tax payer's $$$ if u ask me...

Nathan used to have gurkha protection until about 3 months ago, ie, 4 months after he step down.. The sentry is still around but no one manning it. He still has bodyguards though, which I suppose are from SS.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early 70's, there were the Good, The Bad and The Ugly Ministers
The Good were very nice to their uniformed police sentries and treated them like humans and part of the family. The list include people like Eddie Barker, Jek Yuen Thong, Sia Ka Hui and Othman Wok. These ministers were friendly and concerned and so too were their wives and servants. They treated the police sentries extremely well.
The Bad were there too. The did not allow police sentries to use the toilet and so the poor sentries had no other way but to urinate in tiny plastic bags (after having drank the coffee or tea inside) and hang it on the fence around the house. They did a good job. It was a slap on the face of the wife of a Minister of State (who happened to be his servant before his actual wife passed away). She was a fat ugly duckling.
The Ugly ones were there too. No policemen will ever forget the dreaded wife of a late "super minister" who will count the mangoes on her trees and then go to sleep. In the morning the counting will begin again. Anything less and the poor sentry would be answerable. That was why they left the fallen mangoes where it lay for the "devil" to see with her own wicked eyes.

if indeed we had this kind of ministers , like ah goh said , i worry for you.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious, since we are on this topic.....

who live here ah? always drive pass and noticed the guard post. they seem to have bought over the next door property and now trying to combine both plots of land.

2ndAve.jpg

ben213us

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious, since we are on this topic.....

who live here ah? always drive pass and noticed the guard post. they seem to have bought over the next door property and now trying to combine both plots of land.

2ndAve.jpg

family of well known cigarette company in indonesia. S......?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All government premises, including community clubs and utility installations, and ministers' residences have police visit boxes. All embassies and ambassadors' residences have police visit boxes. Istana, Oxley Rise (home of you know who) and army camps don't have. They have their own armed guards 24/7.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early 70's, there were the Good, The Bad and The Ugly Ministers
The Ugly ones were there too. No policemen will ever forget the dreaded wife of a late "super minister" who will count the mangoes on her trees and then go to sleep. In the morning the counting will begin again. Anything less and the poor sentry would be answerable. That was why they left the fallen mangoes where it lay for the "devil" to see with her own wicked eyes.

And who could that be? the wife of a SM?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well in US ex presidents still get secret service protection....
they can use as example.....but then again since when they need to explain their actions to sheeps?

Yes but the benefits has been changed...EX US Presidents have protection only for 10 years,,after George W Bush Jnr//after that, they are on their own,,but considering how rich they are,,they can afford it anyway, for our PAP Ministars..is there a time limit? or forever? and how many generations does it extend too??? like to son? to son's hairdresser?

Like in UK the sister of Prince William's wife,,,that Pippa chick,,she does not have royal protection,,and her parents pays for her private protection,,since they are rich and there is more accountability in UK than in Spore;;;

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the little I know, EW Barker was THE BEST. He even forgave the officers who peeped at his daughter when she was bathing. He didn't even report to OC SB. OTC also bagus. His SOs makaned together with his family ON THE SAME TABLE. If I become a minister, I will bring my SOs to HFJs and hang flowers on their behalf. I will bring them chiong KTVs and Geylang too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the little I know, EW Barker was THE BEST. He even forgave the officers who peeped at his daughter when she was bathing. He didn't even report to OC SB. OTC also bagus. His SOs makaned together with his family ON THE SAME TABLE. If I become a minister, I will bring my SOs to HFJs and hang flowers on their behalf. I will bring them chiong KTVs and Geylang too.

Please stand for election and become minister, or at least MP. I volunteer to be your bodyguard.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah EW Barker so forgiving and magnanimous... So Uncle GD, his daughter must be very chio then? Just imagine if LKY personal security officers peep on Lee Wei Ling bathing..:biggrin: They will be fucked big time..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah EW Barker so forgiving and magnanimous... So Uncle GD, his daughter must be very chio then? Just imagine if LKY personal security officers peep on Lee Wei Ling bathing..:biggrin: They will be fucked big time..

I think her name is Deborah. Lawyer. Maybe even SC. Not sure.

Peep at LWL? Policemen taste quite good. Like mine. Doubt they will peep at LWL even when intoxicated.
Yes, if caught, that fucker sure die jialak jialak.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even hardcore two-guns armed gangsters ran away when they accidentally went into the bathroom where she's bathing. :eek:

Except brave bro GD, who's aiming her. :biggrin:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All government premises, including community clubs and utility installations, and ministers' residences have police visit boxes. All embassies and ambassadors' residences have police visit boxes. Istana, Oxley Rise (home of you know who) and army camps don't have. They have their own armed guards 24/7.

In the army I remember each guard post required 2 guards. Working in 8 hour shifts.
Is it the same for these guard posts:confused:

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This no longer true. If a lawyer makes million - he works hard for it. He does not play golf every other day.

In my books, the guys that we have to watch are the bankers and insurance bosses.

Lawyer have a very bad reputation :smile: They make $$$ but what do they contribute to society:confused: Just look at LKY:biggrin: