• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who cooks Roti John best?

Ruoxi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Andre Joseph Theng, Audrey Kang, Cheow Sue-Ann, Karen Gwee | The New Paper | Tue Apr 2 2013

23316.jpg

Who cooks it better? TNP visits 8 Roti John stalls and gives their verdict.Singapore, April 2, 2013

Who cooks it best? We show, you choose.

This week: Roti John

61656.jpg
61655.jpg

Raimah Indian Food
Raimah Eating House, 56, Jalan Kembangan
Opening hours: 24 hours
This version features a generous slab of bread, served with mayonnaise and sweet chilli.The bread is crisp but not oily, and the addition of black pepper sauce makes the omelette, onion and mutton more delicious. But there isn't enough mutton.Price: Range from $3.50 to $5 depending on the filling. $3.50 for mutton roti john.

61652.jpg
61653.jpg

Spize @ Bedok
Bedok Shopping Complex, 336, Bedok Road
Opening hours: Weekdays (11am to 4am), weekends (11am to 4.30am)
The roti john mutton special comes stuffed with mushrooms, mutton, egg and pepper. The topping of Thousand Island sauce is a unique departure from the usual mayonnaise.Price: Prices range from $4.80 to $5.50 depending on the filling. $5.50 for roti john mutton special

61650.jpg
61649.jpg

Bluestar Islamic Banana Leaf Restaurant
Block 102, Yishun Avenue 5, #01-127
The chilli sauce that tops this roti john is spicy. The meat and onions, along with spices, are minced finely, giving the filling a crimson colour.The bread is slightly dry, but the chilli and cheese make up for the texture.Price: Prices range from $3.50 to $5.50 depending on the filling. $4.50 for chicken roti john

61646.jpg
61645.jpg

Al Azhar Eating Restaurant
11, Cheong Chin Nam Road
The serving sizes here are very generous. We chose the chicken-and-cheese version. The garlic chilli drizzle gives it a sweeter, less spicy taste.The bread is soft and the meat is very tender. Cubed onions give the dish a crunch, while the cheese drizzled on the bread gives it more flavour.Price: $5.90 for the chicken-and-cheese roti john.

61643.jpg
61644.jpg

The Roti Prata House
246M and 246K, Upper Thomson Road
Opening hours: Sundays to Thursdays (7am to 2am), Fridays and Saturdays and public holidays (24 hours)
We like the sausage roti john as the bread is fresh and crispy. There are generous amounts of sausage and cheese and it is topped with light chilli sauce and mayonnaise.Price: $4.50 for sausage roti john.

61640.jpg
61641.jpg

Al-Jilani Restaurant
127/129, Bencoolen Street
The mushroom cheese roti john isn't oily, and both the mushroom and cheese minced very finely. But we'd have preferred it if the bread is more toasted and the filling more generous.Price: $5.50 for mushroom cheese roti john.

61638.jpg
61637.jpg

Ibrahim Mee Stall
Adam Road Food Centre, 2, Adam Road, Stall 4
Opening hours: 8am to 4am daily
The bread is crisp and well toasted, and you can taste the fragrant margarine. But the egg is a little too thin, and there isn't enough mutton.The chilli sauce and cheese served atop the dish add a dash of flavour.Price: $3.50 for mutton roti john.

61634.jpg
61633.jpg

Prata Planet
Block 320, Clementi Avenue 4, #01-37
Opening hours: 7am to 10.30pm daily
This egg-and-onion roti john is very crisp and tasty. The egg is thick and there is just the right amount of onion to give the dish taste.The bread, toasted just right, is crisp and soft. A very generous serving of mayonnaise and chilli sauce makes it perfect.Price: $4.50 for egg-and-onion roti john.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
me still miss the roti john in my primary school in the past.
simply using a mixture of eggs, shredded mutton and large onion rings coated on French loaf, pan fried till golden brown. the aroma of the partly charred onion rings adds to the flavor... sedap sial

ps: remembered the chilli gravy was watery, spicy yet manis at the same time :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, do you have to post this thread now?! :mad:

Off to the Roti Prata House, see ya later :smile:

Last edited:

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah. I used to eat the roti john near my hse market. Egg with minced meat and little veg + the heavenly chilli.

Ever since the shop closed due to no one wanna takeover... i haven't had any good ones.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what happened ? now roti john the price so high-end ah................like murtabak price...........the last time i ate one, it was 1.50 only for half loaf........where got mutton one ?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

61646.jpg
61645.jpg

Al Azhar Eating Restaurant
11, Cheong Chin Nam Road
The serving sizes here are very generous. We chose the chicken-and-cheese version. The garlic chilli drizzle gives it a sweeter, less spicy taste.The bread is soft and the meat is very tender. Cubed onions give the dish a crunch, while the cheese drizzled on the bread gives it more flavour.Price: $5.90 for the chicken-and-cheese roti john.

used to frequent this one before the construction of MRT start. the teochew porridge beside also very nice.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subway is not all that healthy. Processed meats is bad for the health. The tuna used comes from canned tuna i.e has preservatives. Those sauces they offer has sugar.

that Kongsimi is a complete moron.......................his mouth bigger than his brain.............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roti John now really sucks la. They put mayo and shit on in. The old ones are better.

True. Mayo on Roti John is bullshit.

Best Roti John in the past was at the hawker centre across the road from Botanical Gardens before Gleneagles Hospital.

Cheers!