• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whither Chee Soon Juan?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, good observation. Ironically, to me the real hope for the Philippines was when Marcos declared martial law in 1972 which in effect made him plato's "philosopher king". If only he had used his absolute power for relative good strong governance to break up the feudal family power control and level the playing field for the filippino masses then perhaps the Philippines would have been a stronger and better governed country today for all filippinos with poverty brought down to more acceptable levels and more jobs created for all flippinos. Alas Marcos went the sad predictable low road of absolute power corrupts absolutely instead.

I

And if I may add, the reason why the armed forces' capability had been checked to the to point of just being barely able to contain the rebels fighting against the central government. Not quite with the finesse some despots had managed to, with the citizen armies they had build up.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tend to take the Manichean black and white view while I on the otherhand look at the totality of governance as grey. Oh and I did use the word "relative" good governance.

What do you mean by good governance? Would you consider it's good governance when an elected president gets told off that it would take 52-man years for details on our reserves and assets?

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tend to take the Manichean black and white view while I on the otherhand look at the totality of governance as grey. Oh and I did use the word "relative" good governance.

"Relative" good governance is in itself highly questionably in a place where the entire mainstream media is subject to the whims of a particular individual. Where is the so-called grey in Singapore where the judiciary, the police, the civil service, the electoral process, the parliament, etc, etc remain under the jackboot of a regime that is headed by the same person for the past 50 years without transparency and accountability?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stroll around the entire Island and talk to a whole cross section of Singapore society to try and get a general pulse of whether there is relative good governance in Singapore. Now I am not saying things cannot be improved upon, this is a dynamic process, but nevertheless relative good governance is self-evident. Note there shall always be a social tension and strain in any society. How each society deals with such tensions and strain is key and critical to ensuring long term stability and prosperity for that society.

"Relative" good governance is in itself highly questionably in a place where the entire mainstream media is subject to the whims of a particular individual. Where is the so-called grey in Singapore where the judiciary, the police, the civil service, the electoral process, the parliament, etc, etc remain under the jackboot of a regime that is headed by the same person for the past 50 years without transparency and accountability?

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stroll around the entire Island and talk to a whole cross section of Singapore society to try and get a general pulse of whether there is relative good governance in Singapore. Now I am not saying things cannot be improved upon, this is a dynamic process, but nevertheless relative good governance is self-evident. Note there shall always be a social tension and strain in any society. How each society deals with such tensions and strain is key and critical to ensuring long term stability and prosperity for that society.

Why the need to "stroll around" when the answer lies simply in freeing the mainstream media from the clutches of the despotic regime? A free and pluralistic media would be more than enough to know the truth about the dictatorial regime headed by despot Lee Kuan Yew and his incompetent offspring Loong.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in so called free and pluralistic media environment it all depends on which newspaper you read. There is no such thing as absolute truth when it comes to the media.
Why the need to "stroll around" when the answer lies simply in freeing the mainstream media from the clutches of the despotic regime? A free and pluralistic media would be more than enough to know the truth about the dictatorial regime headed by despot Lee Kuan Yew and his incompetent offspring Loong.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in so called free and pluralistic media environment it all depends on which newspaper you read. There is no such thing as absolute truth when it comes to the media.

No media is free. But what we want is a free and pluralistic media with diverse views for the people to make their informed judgement.