• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whither Chee Soon Juan?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
c'mon lah at 50 is NOT dying years!

no venture no gain and balless arses like you will die wif the PAP mudderfarkers wif eyes open wide wide!

Then you must shift to Potong Pasir or Hougang where the opposition has a stronghold. Nobody is stopping anyone from voting the opposition. Its just that the opposition needs to improve itself to garner more support.

Dun change just for the sake of making a change.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
c'mon lah at 50 is NOT dying years!no venture no gain and balless arses like you will die wif the PAP mudderfarkers wif eyes open wide wide!

this PAP mudderfarker die with eyes open wide wide .... LOL

27ywj6p.jpg

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the choice, would you in your dying years vote for the opposition party who are made of unknowns so that your children will have to suffer if they fail to deliver?

Voters should be given the choice through free and fair elections conducted by an independent elections commission.

But under the PAP, almost half of the voters find themselves denied their right to vote at every general elections. Why?

There are others like me whose constituency keeps changing at every election though we live at the same place.

friskygambit

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's damn bloody difficult to play, but it doesn't mean that we stop playing.
Perhaps we love the game, perhaps it's the only game going on, perhaps it's the only field available, perhaps we are just too stubborn to stop.
There will be some who continue to play and get all bloodied and feel it's damn unfair.
Another way is to scour around for the best and most skilful players and get them to play for you. But do such players exist?

I'm sorry but with all due respect, I feel that you still do not grasp the point that I have made. I will attempt to make it more clear.

Yes you are right that it is possible to scour around for the best and most skilful players. However, the core issue remains the same: one team is able to change the rules of the game at will, and the other team can only play along.

Until this power to arbitrarily change the rules is removed, the team with the power to change the rules will ALWAYS win. Using the football analogy, even if you field an all-star team with Cech, Cannavaro, Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Henry and Gerrard in your team, this all-star team will still lose to a bunch of unskilled and inferior players as long as they are allowed to change the rules. For example, I could simply disallow every goal that your team scores. I could award penalties to my team even when there were no fouls. I can say that you are not allowed to play with a goalkeeper. I can simply give a red card to any skilled player who joins your team. The list goes on and on. There is no way you can win regardless of the skill of your players.

Applying this analogy to the context of the political situation in Singapore - there were "skilled players" playing against the PAP before.

Consider:

- Francis Seow who was a former Solicitor-General and President of the Law Society
- Tang Liang Hong who was a lawyer and popular Chinese grassroots leader
- JBJ who was a former judge and lawyer
- Chee Soon Juan who was a former NUS lecturer and neuropsychologist
- James Gomez who was a senior academic and internet activist
- Tan Wui-Hua who was a former CFO of a large multinational firm
- Sylvia Lim who was a lawyer and law lecturer

- There are many other doctors, lawyers, PhDs etc who have stood for the opposition in previous years, as well as well-qualified individuals. Examples include Dr Lee Siew Choh, Dr Wong Wee Nam, Steve Chia, etc.

The problem with the opposition is not a lack of talent (as the PAP would want you to believe). The problem is that once a talented person joins the opposition ranks, this person is then removed from the game using forcible means, i.e. "given a red card".

If your star players are always given red cards unfairly, there is NO WAY you can win the game even if your line-up includes Messi and Ronaldinho. You can field as many stars as they want. As long as I can make the rules of the game, I will keep finding reasons to eject them from the field of the play.

So, because the entire game is being run on this basis, do you see why there is no real point taking part? This is why I think Dr Chee and the SDP have a point! The WP can continue taking part in the elections but they must know full well that they won't ever win or make any significant inroads, as long as the PAP is allowed to manipulate the system at will. I believe the WP's objective is just to participate in the political process, they know that there is no way for them to really win any elections, now or in the future. And if they do eventually win a significant number of seats, it will be because the PAP allows them to do so.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your enlightening post Friskygambit.

Everyone marches to a different drumbeat and leaders have their own drumbeats which are different from mine. Thus I can only offer my own perspective as follows:

(1) Life must be lived holistically. Liu Bei balanced his family life and his duty to his brothers Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.

(2) People do not view things rationally. They select aspects they want and ignore those they do not want. Guan Yu lusted and coveted after Lu Bu's wife.

(3) The end result must be a life of balance. Zhuge Liang, at his deathbed, told Liu Chan not to worry about his (Zhuge Liang's) family because they are well taken care of.

Thus, in the current course that Dr Chee is moving, he may encounter Pain After Pain, although it is hoped that one day he may obtain Pleasure After Pain. Only those who served in the right segments will obtain Pleasure After Pleasure. Leaving the voters to experience continual Pain After Pleasure.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the choice, would you in your dying years vote for the opposition party who are made of unknowns so that your children will have to suffer if they fail to deliver?

the one thing i like about them: THEY NEVER ADMIT IT'S EVER IS THEIR MISTAKES!!

so if they really take over - heaven forbids - and something goes wrong, it's always other's mistakes definitely NOT THEIRS.

they got themselves charged. it's not their mistake. it's the prejudice of our judiciary.

they defamed the LEEders. again, it's not their mistake. it's the judiciary's bias.

they were arrested. yes. not their mistake. the police were just too free. it was the police's mistake.

their votes were miserable. right! not their mistake. blame the peasants who they mocked as blainless.

no wonder chee is their messiah. maybe he could walk on water. if he sinks, it's not his mistake. the purity of the water couldn't match his purity....so he sinks.:p

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
the one thing i like about them: THEY NEVER ADMIT IT'S EVER IS THEIR MISTAKES!!

got mistakes must admit to a chao ah kwa iszzit!!!???

you're a fucking CRIMINAL admit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Engaged in illicit gay activities is a crime!

Stealing temple donations is a crime!

Bashing your father is a crime!

Conning property is a crime!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
having so many spiteful and despicable clones to post spams here is not his mistakes. of course, lala clonets who hiao hiao here, also not their mistakes. it's just that the smart ones are just too stupid not to join his legion.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
having so many spiteful and despicable clones to post spams here is not his mistakes. of course, lala clonets who hiao hiao here, also not their mistakes. it's just that the smart ones are just too stupid not to join his legion.

chow ah quah you jealous izzit .... LOL

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why take part in a game when you can't win? The PAP has fixed the game for the opposition, good and proper.

The alternative is to expose the game by civil disobedience. Show the world what a crooked system we have in Sg. Shame the PAP.

why the need to show the world when the country u love is our own?

do u show your neighbours all ur dirty laundries?

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal

bapok don't like don't read

don't read don't reply .... LOL

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
(1) I believe it takes greater courage to make a U-turn

But that courage is it worth the effort?

Seriously, i really pity for Dr. Chee and his family.
What he is doing might be sincere...for the sake of singaporeans and this country...but perhaps at the expense of his own family.

Looking at his kids in the picture, sometimes i wondered...will his kids blamed him for not giving the best?

The daughter might get ridicule by the classmates..."why your daddy is a troublemaker?? Why your daddy is a jailbird?"

I dunno how it feels like for a young kid to go through these extreme situations.

Is the sacrifice worthy for its cause...especially if there is no rewards?

:confused: :o :confused:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
they defamed the LEEders. again, it's not their mistake. it's the judiciary's bias.

Independent international agencies have already observed over the years that S'pore judiciary is compliant in trials involving PAP leaders and the opposition.

S'pore lawyers are too frightened to take up cases for opposition members when the Lees are the plaintives. However, queen counsels will not be allowed to take up politically sensitive cases.

S'pore judiciary does not follow commonwealth countries' standards in certain aspects when it comes to trials involving opposition politicians, which makes it hard for opposition politicians to defend themselves.

All these biases are as clear as day light.

jw5

Loyal
friskygambit,
I understand perfectly well what you mean. There is no need to go into long explanations. Don't mistake me for a typical ignorant, apathetic and in some cases, stupid Singkieporean.
What I'm saying is that of course those guys who are in power, can and will change the rules. They will do what it takes to win. And continue to keep winning. Can you guarantee that those people you mentioned in your post, won't do the same if they were in power? The fact is that nobody knows.
But what we do know is human nature.
It's important to have a balanced view, if we consider ourselves as intelligent, thinking people. While it is certainly not true that the people who join opposition parties are not talented and capable, it is also not true that the pap have not done any good for SG.
What I think is important is for the capable people to finally have the courage to step out and up without getting too emotional, stand for elections, get elected and then start asking questions and making challenges for the ruling party to be more accountable and transparent in parliament. Don't forget that parliamentary priviledge still exists.................
Let me just conclude by saying that unlike many rulers in other parts of the world, it's very important to the pap to be seen to be doing the right things by the rest of the world. And it's also my opinion that for the most part, they do try to do what is for the long tern good of the country. These 2 factors will ensure that they will not just give red cards without reason to your messis and kakas. But of course they will continue to change certain rules to keep winning.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you guarantee that those people you mentioned in your post, won't do the same if they were in power? The fact is that nobody knows.
But what we do know is human nature.

We will not know after LHL, whether the future PAP leaders will be as benign in their authoritarian ways as the current PAP leaders or there will be blatant abuse of power.

That is why it is important to have the executive power check by the judiciary and an independent press to safeguard public interest, which is not the case now. The current political system needs some reforms which SDP has been pushing for.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
But that courage is it worth the effort?

Seriously, i really pity for Dr. Chee and his family.
What he is doing might be sincere...for the sake of singaporeans and this country...but perhaps at the expense of his own family.

Looking at his kids in the picture, sometimes i wondered...will his kids blamed him for not giving the best?

The daughter might get ridicule by the classmates..."why your daddy is a troublemaker?? Why your daddy is a jailbird?"

I dunno how it feels like for a young kid to go through these extreme situations.

Is the sacrifice worthy for its cause...especially if there is no rewards?

:confused: :o :confused:

You should be asking why a S'pore citizen should be put through all these just because he wants to exercise his rights to participate in politics.