• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which temple in Sg has the 'choon choon' chiam see ?

S

suicidalpap

Okay joke apart, all "chiam see" are subject to personal interpretation. You shake and shake until one "chiam" drops out. Is that the divine truth? Think about it.

Wei Tuo Deva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay joke apart, all "chiam see" are subject to personal interpretation. You shake and shake until one "chiam" drops out. Is that the divine truth? Think about it.

No Joking suicidalpap, go to the Temple and try it yourself, you will get a "chiam'' correspond to your thought and as a non believer stay out of it. Otherwise the Goddess of Mercy and God of no Mercy will come down hard on you for not respecting Singapore religious Act. All IP address are tracable and I'm sure you don't want unexpected visitors in the middle of the night from God of no mercy to have free payer sessions with you. Good luck.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth do not understand what is 'Chiam" and not not seen and encounter before.

Go to waterloo street, Guan Yin Temple to ask for Divinety guide, state your name, age, address and your specific Question in mind aloud and toast the bean (Sing Pu) for odd and even as yes for the right Chiam. Or another place is Bright hill Temple, hall of Avalokitasavaraya to seek Divne guide, Wei Tuo Deva is left side disciple of Avalokita. Have Love and Compassion in mind for your visit. Wei Tuo Deva is the Guardian of Dharma. Good Luck!

I understand more than you think. I used to be chiam reader in smaller temples when I was a just a kid. The uncles and aunties were impressed and amused with a kid there. They donated more and the temple chief uncles were happy, paid me more bonus. I even used to write them as my calligraphy was good, having been trained in brush since kindergarten, when the chief writing uncle went on leave. Just copy from some old texts.

Ministrel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually all the temples are accurate, it depends on how your mind thinks. If you think this temple is accurate than it is accurate.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, the Waterloo Guanyin temple don't uses kids to read devotees' chiams.In fact i have never heard temples employing little kids to read those chiams as it is quite a serious affairs to inteprete important life meanings. There was no need to be trained in chinese brushes/calligraphy to inteprete the chiams as well except one must be versed in some classical chinese to understand the meaning of poetic Buddhist/Taoist meanings. It's not just copy and paste thing only , unless one do it totally without any knowledge of the Buddhist or Taoist religion.

I don't think the Waterloo temple people assisting devotees to read the meanings of the chiams are "paid by a bonus system' either.
I've check with the chiam uncle inside Guanyin temple before and he said its just a small act of kindness to "jiushi" or helping all mankind, iiregardless of the asker's race, language or religion and they did it totally FOC...just as they helped my Christian friends before.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, the Waterloo Guanyin temple don't uses kids to read devotees' chiams.In fact i have never heard temples employing little kids to read those chiams as it is quite a serious affairs to inteprete important life meanings. There was no need to be trained in chinese brushes/calligraphy to inteprete the chiams as well except one must be versed in some classical chinese to understand the meaning of poetic Buddhist/Taoist meanings. It's not just copy and paste thing only , unless one do it totally without any knowledge of the Buddhist or Taoist religion.

I don't think the Waterloo temple people assisting devotees to read the meanings of the chiams are "paid by a bonus system' either.
I've check with the chiam uncle inside Guanyin temple before and he said its just a small act of kindness to "jiushi" or helping all mankind, iiregardless of the asker's race, language or religion and they did it totally FOC...just as they helped my Christian friends before.

opps looks like someone was Bullshitting.... :biggrin: