• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which is the most value for money singtel plan?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singtel has an easy mobile plan....
Mix and match your own from small middle large packages....
Flexible and can adjust mix every month according to needs....
Never liked Singtel but this plan is simply ingenious

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

many are left helpless. singtel is the biggest mafia behind all the telcos.

there are so many confusing plans. what combo 1, combo 2.....up to dunno what combo.

which combo to recommend that would least make one a dumbo?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cheapest must be one of the pre-paid plans because you are not tied to a fixed monthly charge. You top up when you use it. Can anyone recommend a phone card for someone who rarely uses a phone:confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cheapest must be one of the pre-paid plans because you are not tied to a fixed monthly charge. You top up when you use it. Can anyone recommend a phone card for someone who rarely uses a phone:confused:

Yeah, but for those who already have a postpaid plan and don't want to give up their number, a prepaid plan is not an option. There's no number portability between prepaid and postpaid.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, but for those who already have a postpaid plan and don't want to give up their number, a prepaid plan is not an option. There's no number portability between prepaid and postpaid.

This of course requires long term planning. People like me only need a number for emergencies. I am already paying for fibre connection. With the internet there are cheaper options such as skype, wechat, email,.... I want to start the process so that I can eventually terminate my post paid account.

Anyone have any recommendations on which phone card I should consider:confused:

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Singtel prepaid card.

$7 for 1 GB for 7 days

pay $1 to have the 1 GB balance extended for another 7 days

after 14 days still have balance, pay $1 to extend etc.

Each time you pay $1 to extend, Singtel will give you 10MB free.

Total $10 for 28 days for roughly 1 GB

High speed, reliable.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

got free phone or must pay? can retain current no. since I use m1 ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

got free phone or must pay? can retain current no. since I use m1 ?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
singtel money trap. be aware !

Dear The Real Singapore,

I would like to warn everybody, whenever you cross the Singapore border, remember that you may incur a data roaming charge, even if you disable your data roaming. Please see the reply from SingTel below:

Hi,

In response to your queries:

1. As an EasyData Roam (EDR) customer, the system will auto activate the DataRoam Saver (daily) plan of operator dependent when roaming usage is detected overseas.

However, should you prefer to de-activate Easy Data Roam (EDR), customer would have to email corporate support team prior to each trip for activation of data roam plan and mobile queries.

2. On your concern of disable of roaming data, we wish to inform that due to high technology on Smartphone, some mobile phones may still incur data roaming usage even if user have turned Data Roaming OFF on their phone settings. Smartphones are always searching for data connection despite data roaming being disabled and this may cause data leakage and trigger data roaming usage however little it may be. This is very much device dependent which we do not have much control over it.

User may incurred data roaming usage that comes in small amounts of data packets (ie. 10KB dataroam usage blocks) although with Data Roaming disabled on their device (EDR activating DRS daily plan or PPU usage). This is due to some Smartphones that have apps running in the background or push notifications/emails on. Dataroaming usage are charged by per 10KB blocks whereby local data charges are charged by per 100KB blocks. You may wish to know that actually with 10KB, users would be able to send whatsapp messages and receiving an email.

Please see attached usage. Sorry that we are not able to justify for waiver.

My concern is when we signed a contact, the so-called customer service personal did not mention anything about the EDR, and we need to pay the data charges we actually did not use at all. From SingTel’s reply say that for the 10KB block, I can send/receive Whatsapp or email, but in actual fact I did not use all those services at all, for my case I ended up paying $120 for something that I did not utilize at all.

Desmond

TRS reader
http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-please-warn-your-readers-about-daylight-robbery-singtel

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: singtel money trap. be aware !

Dear The Real Singapore,

I would like to warn everybody, whenever you cross the Singapore border, remember that you may incur a data roaming charge, even if you disable your data roaming. Please see the reply from SingTel below:

Hi,

In response to your queries:

1. As an EasyData Roam (EDR) customer, the system will auto activate the DataRoam Saver (daily) plan of operator dependent when roaming usage is detected overseas.

However, should you prefer to de-activate Easy Data Roam (EDR), customer would have to email corporate support team prior to each trip for activation of data roam plan and mobile queries.

2. On your concern of disable of roaming data, we wish to inform that due to high technology on Smartphone, some mobile phones may still incur data roaming usage even if user have turned Data Roaming OFF on their phone settings. Smartphones are always searching for data connection despite data roaming being disabled and this may cause data leakage and trigger data roaming usage however little it may be. This is very much device dependent which we do not have much control over it.

User may incurred data roaming usage that comes in small amounts of data packets (ie. 10KB dataroam usage blocks) although with Data Roaming disabled on their device (EDR activating DRS daily plan or PPU usage). This is due to some Smartphones that have apps running in the background or push notifications/emails on. Dataroaming usage are charged by per 10KB blocks whereby local data charges are charged by per 100KB blocks. You may wish to know that actually with 10KB, users would be able to send whatsapp messages and receiving an email.

Please see attached usage. Sorry that we are not able to justify for waiver.

My concern is when we signed a contact, the so-called customer service personal did not mention anything about the EDR, and we need to pay the data charges we actually did not use at all. From SingTel’s reply say that for the 10KB block, I can send/receive Whatsapp or email, but in actual fact I did not use all those services at all, for my case I ended up paying $120 for something that I did not utilize at all.

Desmond

TRS reader
http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-please-warn-your-readers-about-daylight-robbery-singtel

Just deactivate the overseas roaming or cellular data on your phone la.
Where got free lunch one? Once you use the data you gotta pay la.
Use the local sim for that country for data or use wifi

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Once you subscribe to data, remember to unsubscribe. Otherwise there is auto renewal. Same if you use my data plan addon.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i used to enjoy 12GB data on 50 per month, then backside itchy, now i m paying $30 more per month.:o