• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Chinese man do you respect most?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang Lee was robbed of the Best Picture Award, no thanks to some homophobic Academy members.

I love Anne Hathaway's neh neh in the movie. :o

AnneHathaway001.jpg

I see where you are coming from, yeah 'good' movies

600full-brokeback-mountain-photo.jpg

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ang Lee was robbed of the Best Picture Award, no thanks to some homophobic Academy members.

I love Anne Hathaway's neh neh in the movie. :o

AnneHathaway001.jpg

he had a chance to make a lesbian movie out of Anne Hathaway and her but nooooo he made a homo cowboy movie instead ptui! :mad:

Kate_Mara_Shooter_SeeThrough.jpg

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sun Yat Sen was also known as '孙大炮'.

The San Francisco peasants who bought his bonds should still be howling for his blood.

Deng XP, the Sichuanese dictator hailed from a province famous for 变脸. He styles himself as the reasonable bloke compared to the rabid low EQ gang of four. After gaining power, he has no qualms to become a Butcher when he approved Li Peng's plan to steamroll peasants using tanks. Li Peng was hence called the 'Tian Nan Men Butcher', a title he tried to ignore but Wikileak's info poured more scorn to his morals when it suggest that Li's family prospered using his connections to snarl power generation contracts/interests.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
My fav is Cao Cao of the "Romance of the 3 kingdoms"...his "Dua Ge Xin" was astounding! Truely the best of all time...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fav is Cao Cao of the "Romance of the 3 kingdoms"...his "Dua Ge Xin" was astounding! Truely the best of all time...

You mean Duan Ge Xing...

对酒当歌,人生几何。。。

Yeah, Cao family were the poets of the Three Kingdoms.

His son's Seven-Step Poem also standard classic.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean duan ge xing...

对酒当歌,人生几何。。。
Thks for the correction, broRam! My hanyu pinyi is alittle fucked-up! After he was defeated at "Ci Bi", he started to question his mortality n all feelings sum it up into the composition of tis poetry! Really rhymes well!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sun Yat Sen was also known as '孙大炮'.

The San Francisco peasants who bought his bonds should still be howling for his blood.

The nationalist govt didn't pay back the bonds? Republic of China still exists, those bonds descendants can go to Taiwan to claim back their money. :biggrin:

Sun was duped by Lenin, entered into an ill-fated alliance with Soviet Union and Chinese Communist Party thus sow the seeds of conflicts between KMT and CCP which led to the disaster of Chinese peoples in the next 50 years.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
孙文aka 孙中山

:smile:

a.k.a. 孙大炮。

:biggrin:

孙逸仙 was his official birth name, transliterated Sun Yat-sen. Also Sun Wen as adult name 孙文。

Together with his nickname 孙大炮 the common Chinese term 大炮仙 for bluffer come about.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Kah Kee
Tan Lark Sye
Lee Kong Chian
Lim Nee Soon
Lim Boon Keng(Deceased not the other one)
Aw Boon Hor
Aw Boon Par

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lao Tze.

It's very sad that his teachings and writings later got distorted and embellished in religion and superstition.