• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which brand tyre better???

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently tire thread of car getting bald. ask the car dealer and was quoted $170 each for a michelin tyre. orginal continental no longer carry.

call autobac and was quoted $150 for a bridgestone each but can pump nitrogen into tire unlimited time plus two foc tire repair.

also call a sim ming road repair workshop and was quoted $120 for each bridgestone.

all price exclude gst. price really not an issue but safety and handling are the priority. currently the conti tyres the car has only travel 35K km. btw, i already change the front tire to the back at the last service at 28K km and the service guy advise me to change all 4 tires by the next service or 10K km whichever earlier. Are tyres suppose to wear out before 40k km? which brand better?

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
currently tire thread of car getting bald. ask the car dealer and was quoted $170 each for a michelin tyre. orginal continental no longer carry.

call autobac and was quoted $150 for a bridgestone each but can pump nitrogen into tire unlimited time plus two foc tire repair.

also call a sim ming road repair workshop and was quoted $120 for each bridgestone.

all price exclude gst. price really not an issue but safety and handling are the priority. currently the conti tyres the car has only travel 35K km. btw, i already change the front tire to the back at the last service at 28K km and the service guy advise me to change all 4 tires by the next service or 10K km whichever earlier. Are tyres suppose to wear out before 40k km? which brand better?

go to Tan Boon Liat building @ Outram/Havelock. ground floor unit at the back of building facing Zion Rd. prices quite reasonable. I go there for batteries also

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought Hankook! Cheap and Good. M + S tires are good with rain and wet pavement. you can drive to muddy areas too.

I used Goodyear before, 2nd most expensive tire after Michelin.

SGP roads are well paved, no need high class tyres, they are overkill.

I try to change my tires before 30,000Km. why so early? Because I have seen the effect of blown tires on highways.

the car will be flunked from one lane across a few lanes before stopping, with the smoke and dust coming out from it.

the kena another car, you can all kiss goodbye to this secular world. :biggrin:

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah, never watch F1 meh........

Bridgestone good in the rain............but not so good in hot conditions like S'pore.........

go for Michelin...........for hot conditions........

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah, never watch F1 meh........

Bridgestone good in the rain............but not so good in hot conditions like S'pore.........

go for Michelin...........for hot conditions........

no watch F1 ever since need to pay to watch. how can compare F1 slick tyres to normal road tyre.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would choose Continental but they are not cheap, around $230 per tyre but their quality is very good.
Bridgestone are also good.

I used Falken, Dunlop, Goodyear and Bridgestone before. Somehow only this set of Toyo tyres give me a good feel . Maybe it's psychological, since my friend kept telling me very good very good. So when i drive with this set of tyres, i feel very good. :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My tires good? :biggrin:

oUwMtqa.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foldable bike bought from Giant, yet to change any of the tyre so far. :biggrin:

made in china bike? confirm breakup within the year. not i scare u but now i boycott everything from ahtiongland. the ah tiong saleman at kallang wholesale centre sibeh tulan me when i reject ahtiong mushroom outright during the CNY shopping. i want japanese mushroom and he keep pushing jap type mushroom from china to me. i then ask his supervisor whether the ahtiong deaf or not, i want mushroom from JAPAN not jap species of mushroom from CHINA.