• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which air purifer is good

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where have got sell in SG? looking at a blueair 203 or 650e. any difference in technology btw the two models? tot of buying for my nephew, he kenna flu now.:(

QUOTE=tonychat;1806858]Yup. Blueair states that. And all that u ask for.[/QUOTE]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy one with true Hepa filter eg Sharp, Honeywell.
Honeywell noisy and the fans and air vents accumulate dust and difficult to clean.

Sharp air filter quieter but many worry about side effects of ioniser.

What I do is to clean the room before sleeping for 1/2 hour with ioniser on and switch off ioniser when sleeping( Hepa filter still cleaning the air)
-so buy a model where you can switch ioniser off and on.

Can share what are the side effects of ioniser? I on my Novita air purifier (without ioniser) for a few hours and then when i enter the room i can smell a faint odour. Do Sharp or Honeywell purifier have such issue?

MajullahSingapura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where have got sell in SG? looking at a blueair 203 or 650e. any difference in technology btw the two models? tot of buying for my nephew, he kenna flu now.:(

QUOTE=tonychat;1806858]Yup. Blueair states that. And all that u ask for.
[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the size of your room...203 is good enuff for bedroom...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can share what are the side effects of ioniser? I on my Novita air purifier (without ioniser) for a few hours and then when i enter the room i can smell a faint odour. Do Sharp or Honeywell purifier have such issue?

All Honeywell models do not have use an ionizer. Honeywells have good sucking power. Some people have even added washable aircon pre-filters to their systems as enhancements. This extra layer extends the life of the original pre-filter & HEPA filter. From what I have read the Honeywell 50250 models can handle the extra filters without problems because of it's powerful sucking power.

Some Sharp models have an ionizer which can be turned off. When it runs it is also quieter than the Honeywell. I like the auto sensor feature because I can just leave it on standby for 24 hours & the unit will purifier the air as required.

I did consider the Blueair but you have to replace the filters every 6 months & the replacements costs are more expensive then the Honeywell or Sharp.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Honeywell models do not have use an ionizer. Honeywells have good sucking power. Some people have even added washable aircon pre-filters to their systems as enhancements. This extra layer extends the life of the original pre-filter & HEPA filter. From what I have read the Honeywell 50250 models can handle the extra filters without problems because of it's powerful sucking power.

Some Sharp models have an ionizer which can be turned off. When it runs it is also quieter than the Honeywell. I like the auto sensor feature because I can just leave it on standby for 24 hours & the unit will purifier the air as required.

I did consider the Blueair but you have to replace the filters every 6 months & the replacements costs are more expensive then the Honeywell or Sharp.

Looks like the Novita air purifier is not very good, the ioniser function also can be turned off which I did but still I can detect a faint odour after on for a few hours. Sharp no odour at all when the ioniser function is off and after on for a few hours?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the Novita air purifier is not very good, the ioniser function also can be turned off which I did but still I can detect a faint odour after on for a few hours. Sharp no odour at all when the ioniser function is off and after on for a few hours?

Maybe the smell is because the unit is still new :confused:
Or maybe the carbon filter has absorbed the smell from the packing material?

I have my Sharp running on auto with the ionizer & seems to be ok.
Sharp has 2 kinds of models, with a built in humidifier & without a humidifier. I don't really know if a humidifier is really necessary in Spore's humidity:confused:
I got the model without the humidifier.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the smell is because the unit is still new :confused:
Or maybe the carbon filter has absorbed the smell from the packing material?

I have my Sharp running on auto with the ionizer & seems to be ok.
Sharp has 2 kinds of models, with a built in humidifier & without a humidifier. I don't really know if a humidifier is really necessary in Spore's humidity:confused:
I got the model without the humidifier.

Oic thanks. Looks like no choice but to run it more and longer to see whether will still have the odour..

I think no need humidifier unless on the air con for long time..