• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where's MRT security? Woman brings supermart trolley right inside train

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
From her face you know this Malay woman has character, and would do things her way.

That's how it should be. Well done!

how_did_woman_get_past_mrt_gantry-thumbnail.jpg

supermarket2-thumbnail.jpg

MRT commuters were stunned to see this woman with a supermarket trolley onboard. STOMPers who saw the woman are now wondering how she managed to get past SMRT staff at the gantry.

She did not care that the large trolley was inconveniencing others onboard.

STOMPer Malou says the woman even shouted and scolded fellow commuters and screamed when an SMRT staff told her to alight from the train.

Malou says:

"This woman has a pushcart inside the MRT and she didn't mind that she was hitting people with it.

"She started screaming when scolded about it and called other passengers stupid, even telling some of them to 'go back to your own country'.

"When MRT staff asked her to alight, she started to scream again".

Another STOMPer, Mrs Chua, says:

"I saw this auntie with an NTUC trolley in the MRT.

"Is she doing shopping in the train?

"How did she manage to push the trolley into the train without any SMRT staff seeing her?".

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
those supermart people must be thinking now: no wonder our trolleys keep missing - all upload mrt trains liao!:biggrin:

The $1 penalty doesn't seem to faze anyone. Maybe next time each trolley comes with a cashcard slot box requesting $5 to unlock.

But if you take the trolley home, the cashcard slot box they realise, also cost a lot more money to buy and install, so once again they untung hahahahahaha :biggrin:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT says she was detained woh! But the issue is why is she allowed to be in the train in the 1st place? The point is that SMRT should have stopped her even before she enters the station.

Woman who brought trolley into train detained by security officers, says SMRT

The woman who was seen pushing a supermarket trolley in the MRT on July 12 was detained by TransCom officers at Buangkok MRT station on the day itself, says SMRT in response to an earlier post.

Two STOMPers had written in to question how the elderly lady managed to get past the MRT gantry and station stuff with such a large item.

According to witnesses, she was shouting and calling people names onboard.

In a statement, SMRT says:

"Investigations show that on July 12, at about 5.50pm, the lady entered Boon Lay MRT Station and travelled to Outram Park MRT Station, where she transferred to the North-East line.

"She was later detained by Public Transport Security Command (TransCom) officers at Buangkok MRT Station.

"Under the Rapid Transit Systems Regulations, commuters are not allowed to transport bulky items that would inconvenience others who are using the system.

"Offenders may be fined up to $500 for flouting the rules".

jw5

Loyal
SMRT says she was detained woh! But the issue is why is she allowed to be in the train in the 1st place? The point is that SMRT should have stopped her even before she enters the station.
Maybe she ran too fast.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in a NE train & saw this tourist taking snapshots. Just next to him was a SMRT security, guy with backpack & walkie, who told him taking pictures was not allowed.

Wahlau I felt safe that there are SMRT's personnel around telling potential terrorist not to take photos :biggrin:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in a NE train & saw this tourist taking snapshots. Just next to him was a SMRT security, guy with backpack & walkie, who told him taking pictures was not allowed.

Wahlau I felt safe that there are SMRT's personnel around telling potential terrorist not to take photos :biggrin:

he meant taking photos will be handcuffed.

Last edited:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
u dunno meh? smrt now hard-up for retail revenue. so the lady thought they already got 'inflight shopping', hence the shopping cart.

jw5

Loyal
Next time I see one of these security experts, I'll have to ask them if they have handcuffs in their backpacks or just their lunch :smile:
Be careful bro, some of them take their jobs very very seriously.
You might find yourself pinned down. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two foreigners could sneak into MRT depot and spray graffiti.

An auntie could get onto MRT train with a fully loaded shopping trolley.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful bro, some of them take their jobs very very seriously.
You might find yourself pinned down. :smile:

Yah, I better be careful since I'm just an innocent bystander. Even had my bag searched at a MRT station. :eek:

The real desperados are getting away with eating, spraying,...while the innocent have to put up with the inconvenience :(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am stunned beyond belief. There have been occasions where I had to show content of my bag to the security officer near the turnstile. The station IC should be sacked and the imbecile driving the merc 500 and teaching Tai Chi should get the boot as well. First the cut fence and the vandalised train that no one seems to notice and now this.

What next?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am stunned beyond belief. There have been occasions where I had to show content of my bag to the security officer near the turnstile. The station IC should be sacked and the imbecile driving the merc 500 and teaching Tai Chi should get the boot as well. First the cut fence and the vandalised train that no one seems to notice and now this.

What next?

It's all a wayang & I can sympathise with the uncle who's just doing his job, searching. Where else can someone 40+ find a job nowadays:confused:

He probably has to pick individuals that won't make too much of a hoo haa like students, senior citizens ,.. Otherwise he''ll face unhappiness & end up with someone STOMPing him:smile:

Problem of course lies with the people above. For them it's very simple to pass instructions down & then go have their golf game. In the west most of these people would be unemployed, but in Spore they are millionaires:eek: