• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where do we (Yellowribboners) go ?

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who got criminal records, very hard to get a job, not enough education, not enough savings.

Even those who are clean, degree holders, got parents support also cant find jobs.

Where do we go from here ?

We can only go futher underground .... :mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately, this is the harsh reality.

this is how it is in Singapore - the society is not forgiving.

if you have some money be a hawker .

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u tried walking around and selling yellow ribbons? I have been approached by many ex-convicts who go approach random people to sell them stuff

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u tried walking around and selling yellow ribbons? I have been approached by many ex-convicts who go approach random people to sell them stuff

Those are illegal. Not approved by Yellowribbon Projects.

Important Notice Fund Raising Notice

We have received several notifications from our supporters that there have been several cases of “ex-offenders” or individuals who claim to be “ex-offenders” who are peddling/selling keychains, commercial collaterals or food items in the streets or door to door.

We would like to clarify that there are not endorsed by us and if you have any encounters with them, we hope that you can drop us an email or report such incidences on our facebook page so that we can inform others on such acticities.

There is currently no fund-raising initiative organised by us or our partners in the public. Our fund raising initiatives only includes the sale of our Yellow Ribbon Packs and handicrafts from Changi Women’s Prison at official events only.

We are unable to comment at this moment if they are a direct sales company or representing another charity.

Charitable organisations who are licensed to solicit funds in public would be granted a Collector's Certificate of Authority from the National Council of Social Service, or a copy of the police permit. If you are approached by an individual or group claiming to be soliciting funds for a charitable purpose, you can seek verification of the fundraiser's identity, and the authentication of the fundraising project by requesting for these documents.

National Environment Agency (NEA) defines the above act of 'selling of items' outside MRT stations and shopping malls without licence as an offence of Illegal Hawking. Enforcement actions will be taken on violators and the public are encouraged to feedback such activities to the relevant authorities.

Therefore the YRP do not endorse these companies and individuals and we are currently investigating this issue with the authorities. Should they be found infringing on our branding or any laws, they will be prosecuted by the relevant agencies.

We hope that this encounter will not discourage you from supporting the work of SCORE and Yellow Ribbon Project, as there are many other deserving ex-offenders who put in their best effort on their rehabilitation journey, and need the community's encouragement and support to successfully re-integrate to society.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a friend, a friend since childhood from gang days. One fine day, he got his GF pregnant and they got married with mostlly borrowed money. Pressured for money, he went into trafficking ice and ecstasy. One bad night, he was roadblocked, arrested and car confiscated. Six years was the sentence. His wife waited for him, living with his mother in an old 2-room rental flat. When he was released, Yellow Ribbon assigned him a course and job at TTSH as male nurse. He worked at it for about 2 to 3 years and bought a 3-room flat. They have another kid since and his mother passed on. Now, he owns a small handphone and electronics shop, quit drugs and drinking. Only thing he hasn't quit is smoking. But what the hell, that's already a livelihood and family made good, a little vice allowed, ain't it?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drive taxi..........monthly income 6K.
No driving licence? Dishwasher in Jumbo....$1.8k per month........1.8K is big bucks in sinkieland...........$800 income already can buy 2 room flat and support family of 4.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who got criminal records, very hard to get a job, not enough education, not enough savings.

Even those who are clean, degree holders, got parents support also cant find jobs.

Go further underground provided you have the lobang.
Do back 'same trade' is more risky due to previous conviction and repeat offender.
Become self employed in usually best option.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
No driving licence? Dishwasher in Jumbo....$1.8k per month........1.8K is big bucks in sinkieland...........$800 income already can buy 2 room flat and support family of 4.

Drive taxi get $6k per month? Why are everyone still working as accountants, engineers etc?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was reported in the shit times.
A few morons ran with this stat and claimed taxi drivers can make good living.

wah, to earn 6k driving cab is almost impossible - doable but you have to be very hardworking. And i believe its the odd one month that you may hit 6K.

and also sideline as pimp, guide, chauffeur, dely man, etc.

imagine you sideline as a personal driver for a few CEOs / high ranking people or something, you maybe can touch 6K.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a friend, a friend since childhood from gang days. One fine day, he got his GF pregnant and they got married with mostlly borrowed money. Pressured for money, he went into trafficking ice and ecstasy. One bad night, he was roadblocked, arrested and car confiscated. Six years was the sentence. His wife waited for him, living with his mother in an old 2-room rental flat. When he was released, Yellow Ribbon assigned him a course and job at TTSH as male nurse. He worked at it for about 2 to 3 years and bought a 3-room flat. They have another kid since and his mother passed on. Now, he owns a small handphone and electronics shop, quit drugs and drinking. Only thing he hasn't quit is smoking. But what the hell, that's already a livelihood and family made good, a little vice allowed, ain't it?

one of the rare success stories.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun twist the facts to justify stats provided by MIWs lah.
I can also cite equally hardworking housing, insurance agents who rake in millions at the same time others who hardly make ends meet.
Deal with facts means average lah......how many taxi drivers actually make $6K? And how many hours of hard work to achieve that? A 24/7 4 hours sleep type of work routine?

wah, to earn 6k driving cab is almost impossible - doable but you have to be very hardworking. And i believe its the odd one month that you may hit 6K.

and also sideline as pimp, guide, chauffeur, dely man, etc.

imagine you sideline as a personal driver for a few CEOs / high ranking people or something, you maybe can touch 6K.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

serious or not? how come ur version and my version different? work 2-3 years can BUY 3 rm flat? i last time have a gangster friend who also came out and was on yellow ribbon project. last time he was assigned to one of a more upscale hair dressing salon in jurong point. u know how much is his monthly pay? $480. by the way, i ask him, those under the Yellow ribbon project does not earn alot. maybe ur friend before he kena caught, he already stash a lot of money somewhere.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
serious or not? how come ur version and my version different? work 2-3 years can BUY 3 rm flat? i last time have a gangster friend who also came out and was on yellow ribbon project. last time he was assigned to one of a more upscale hair dressing salon in jurong point. u know how much is his monthly pay? $480. by the way, i ask him, those under the Yellow ribbon project does not earn alot. maybe ur friend before he kena caught, he already stash a lot of money somewhere.

$480 per month ? How to survive ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure what is your 'record' but avoid going back the same industry where your 'works' are known to that industry. Agree with Red Amoeba, if you can build up some savings, learn to cook something good and be a hawker. For driving taxis, you can make some money but definitely not enough to live comfortably. Many taxi driver friends of mine were driving taxi part-time ended up driving full time. And it's hard to get out once you are caught in the 'damm if you do, and damm if you don't' situation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For $8, they will take my heart out, repair it & put it back & my HDB flat have not shrunk, no siree!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

join the french foreign legion lor.