• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where did we get this cash from?

HaLes297

I can said I am lucky to get a left over BTO 4 room flat from HDB 4 years at $200+, my monthly loan from my CPF is $700+ for 30 years for both me and my husband. Which we just started working then. My salary then was $1.8, my husband was $2.6 and my husband just started working, there isn’t much $$ in our CPF. End up we got to pay some cash for the10% down payment. Where did we get this cash from?? Parents, saving.. than what about renovation? Now, 4 years later, our combine income is still less than $7k. We have a 2 years old daughter, another to be out next month.We don’t dare to own a car, we have to support our elderly, pay our study load, infant care/ child care/ nanny. We don’t have much saving left.

Now a BTO 4 rooms flat is selling for at least $400k and you can only get the flat 3 years later. Family planning will also be delay. alot of my friends are paying like more than $1k or 2k for the HDB load monthly. which their CPF contribution did not even have that amount every month, they have to top up cash for it.

FYI, raising a child now is about 1K per month. all the milk powder, diaper, paying for the caregiver, food, medical (touch wood), etc.

This is reality, I am also trying to accept it. If you can’t accept it, you may want to choose to leave the country.

Seeing my friends stress up on Primary 1 registration.Over registration of Pri 1, having to ballot becos of lots of New citizen joining, taking up the Pri 1 vacancy. Raising up cost, Education cost, competition, etc. All this add up to the consideration of people having children. It’s not easy living in Singapore now.

Tuongsp91

I can said I am lucky to get a left over BTO 4 room flat from HDB 4 years at $200+, my monthly loan from my CPF is $700+ for 30 years for both me and my husband. Which we just started working then. My salary then was $1.8, my husband was $2.6 and my husband just started working, there isn’t much $$ in our CPF. End up we got to pay some cash for the10% down payment. Where did we get this cash from?? Parents, saving.. than what about renovation? Now, 4 years later, our combine income is still less than $7k. We have a 2 years old daughter, another to be out next month.We don’t dare to own a car, we have to support our elderly, pay our study load, infant care/ child care/ nanny. We don’t have much saving left.

Now a BTO 4 rooms flat is selling for at least $400k and you can only get the flat 3 years later. Family planning will also be delay. alot of my friends are paying like more than $1k or 2k for the HDB load monthly. which their CPF contribution did not even have that amount every month, they have to top up cash for it.

FYI, raising a child now is about 1K per month. all the milk powder, diaper, paying for the caregiver, food, medical (touch wood), etc.

This is reality, I am also trying to accept it. If you can’t accept it, you may want to choose to leave the country.

Seeing my friends stress up on Primary 1 registration.Over registration of Pri 1, having to ballot becos of lots of New citizen joining, taking up the Pri 1 vacancy. Raising up cost, Education cost, competition, etc. All this add up to the consideration of people having children. It’s not easy living in Singapore now.

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your mother phua chee buy la.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like that kpkb. wait till you try to rent a 2-room apartment in sf. forget about buying. even a gobbledygoogle or faecesbook employee earning over usd200k a year cannot buy a home now. sinkies with combined incum of sgd6.9k a month are considered lucky to get a 99-yr lease.