• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

when u go ntuc buy things, do you do this?

newcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local Singaporeans use a lot of plastic bags. From where I came from, we always bring our own shopping bags to supermarkets. When I am in Singapore, I am surprised that it isn't an accepted norm to bring your own bags for grocery shopping.

Before living here, I had always believed that Singapore and Singaporeans are more caring for the environment than the city I originated from. However, I am disappointed that this is now a false expectation.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
food packages that are approaching best before dates are usually stacked in front on shelves in supermarkets. sometimes, they have only a few days to go before expiry. it makes sense to check bbd’s before grabbing any items off the shelves.
If I run a mart, I do the opposite so the silly chinks pick the expiring items from the back! :laugh: