• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When it is the wife who strays

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal

When it is the wife who strays

Shifting power dynamics in marriage a factor, say experts

Published on Feb 26, 2012

ST_IMAGES_KTAFFAIR.jpg

-- ST ILLUSTRATION: ERIC ROCA

By Kezia Toh And Carolyn Khew

Cheating wives are on the rise, say divorce lawyers and marriage counsellors. In recent years, they have handled an increasing number of adultery cases that involve unfaithful wives rather than husbands.

Ms Adriene Cheong, a partner at Harry Elias Partnership, estimated that cheating wives used to number 20 per cent of the adultery cases she handled, but the figure has since risen to 40 per cent.

She has been practising family law for almost seven years.

Another family lawyer of 17 years, Mrs Aye Cheng Shone of A C Shone & Co, noted that allegations of adultery in wives have risen by 20 per cent.

BACKGROUND STORY

Work hard, play hard

'Affluence doesn't come cheap, it comes at a cost. After working so hard, some people feel that they deserve to play hard. Some will think they are entitled to pleasures and if the other party is available, they think 'why not'?'

MARITAL THERAPIST BENNY BONG

In some cases, cheating wives outnumber the men. Lawyer Gloria James of Gloria James-Civetta & Co said: 'The trend from last year is mostly women committing the adultery. For every one man, there are four women cheating.'

Read the full story in Thursday's edition of The Straits Times.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another reason to not get married.

Asking me when I'll get married is like asking me when I'll get knocked down by a car.

No thanks, and touch wood.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are aging and see other elderly men talking about their kids and grand kids, you will start to wonder. There is so much a FB can do even if you get newer and younger ones as replacement.

Better to have loved then not to have loved at all. I know enough couples where the the love has gone out long time ago but they still have good times because of their kids and their grand kids.

Why even bother to work, aspire for anything if there is no one to share with. Go for the gamble and see what comes out.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you are aging and see other elderly men talking about their kids and grand kids, you will start to wonder. There is so much a FB can do even if you get newer and younger ones as replacement.

Better to have loved then not to have loved at all. I know enough couples where the the love has gone out long time ago but they still have good times because of their kids and their grand kids.

Why even bother to work, aspire for anything if there is no one to share with. Go for the gamble and see what comes out.

Most people get married for the body, not the soul. There is no love there in the first place, the only love that was burning at the beginning, was the love of the flesh. That is why love gone cold, after some years, and especially when kids start to come along.:o

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
There is no love there in the first place, the only love that was burning at the beginning, was the love of the flesh.

bro,
good to note, the oxytocin levels in males do rise after sex. the bonding is done there & then :smile::smile::smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the empire strikes back, men have been cheating using geylang, now women have education and money, they return the favour to men. so the universe can reaches an equilibrium.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because the other four men are not caught cheating or the wife simply chooses to STFU. :smile:

I don't think the survey count the engagement of pro by men as cheating. In this case, when a man cheat he is likely to sleep with 4 other women.

YSL as an example?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The should provide a breakdown on the nationality of the wives that cheats.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i would definitely like to see some kind of stupid and silly defence from aware & the damn women's charter on this.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I say before... Marriage is just a piece of paper, expensive and no guaranty.

Can our Lemon act cover this also...

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the survey count the engagement of pro by men as cheating. In this case, when a man cheat he is likely to sleep with 4 other women.

YSL as an example?

I agree with your view. What I don't understand is that why the man want to cheat with 4 married women? Isn't 4 SWT better?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If it can be used.

I think many will seek refund during the warranty period...

That is why I say before... Marriage is just a piece of paper, expensive and no guaranty.

Can our Lemon act cover this also...

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our WC is obsolete and needs to be reviewed. However, the politicans know that they would lose female votes if the WC was to be amended to be less pro-women. On the contrary, they are making it more pro-women. A female MP tried several years ago trying to make it more equal for both sexes but the reaction was luke warm within parliament. She gave up trying eventually.

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with your view. What I don't understand is that why the man want to cheat with 4 married women? Isn't 4 SWT better?

Married women are more desperate and therefore more motivated to please their men. They are more experienced in the ways of the boudoir. In contrast, SWTs generally expect their men to please them. They are also prone to throwing tantrums.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason marriages break up and adulteries happen is because people marry each other because they can or think they can live with each other, instead of because they think they cannot live without each other.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The reason marriages break up and adulteries happen is because people marry each other because they can or think they can live with each other, instead of because they think they cannot live without each other.

Men goes into marriage with hidden expectations that the woman they have now will remain the same, women goes into marriage thinking that with love and enough time, they can change the man.

If both keeps thinking like that, only disappointment and unhappiness awaits the both of them.