• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious When Ah Gong Was Secretly Afraid Of m&d Jiuhu Racists! How Ah Gong Gambled And Won Against Poor Odds! Majulah PAP! Majulah Ah Gong!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lky-msia.jpg

By Genevieve Ding

I was a young Foreign Service Officer, just about a year into my stint on the Malaysia and Brunei Desk in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, when I was assigned to staff then-Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on a trip to Malaysia.

It was June 2009, and Mr Lee’s first trip to our closest neighbour in over 10 years.

It would also, as it turned out, be his last. Coming quick on the heels of Barisan Nasional’s and UMNO’s unprecedented General Election losses, the historic eight-day trip spanned Kuala Lumpur, Perak, Penang, Kelantan, and Pahang.

Mr Lee brought along some younger ministers with him on the trip, including then-Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and then-Education Minister Ng Eng Hen, and met with Prime Minister Najib, royalty, ministers and businessmen.

More than its public positioning as a trip down memory lane, it seemed to me that Mr Lee embarked on this punishing multi-state trip to leverage what goodwill or influence he had, and lay the path for the next generation of leadership.

I can only imagine what his emotions and reflections were, on a trip back to a country he had fought so hard to unite with, and which had thrown us out in a moment of public anguish.

MM Lee Kuan Yew: “You think I wasn’t afraid? I was afraid. I was 35.”

While dining with the small Singaporean delegation one evening, he spoke about Singapore’s early days. How, even after we became independent, Malaysian ground troops continued to operate in Singapore: a foreign army on sovereign soil.

Knowing that Malaysia would be watching closely, he made the decision to roll out our 18 newly acquired AMX-13 light tanks at our National Day Parade in 1969,
in what became our first Mobile Column drive-past. More than simply to instill pride and confidence among our people, the move was an outward display to Malaysia that we were playing the long game—even if internally we weren’t quite sure yet whether we would succeed.

They subsequently withdrew their troops, just as he had hoped they would. “You think I wasn’t afraid?” He paused. “I was so afraid. I was 35.”

Hearing Mr Lee relate this and other stories about Singapore’s independence journey was deeply affecting: I had never so starkly understood how easily our fate could have turned, and how tenuous our continued existence was even today.

Leading despite fears, not without
That night, I was shaken to my core.

Having grown up in modern Singapore, where Mr Lee has been a larger-than-life figure for all of my adulthood, it was easy to forget that he became Singapore’s Prime Minister at just 35—an age I am rapidly approaching.

Like any other young person would be in the face of such events, he was afraid, but he also knew that there were hundreds of thousands of people whose livelihoods depended on whether Singapore would survive. And so he pressed on.

Previously, I had always taken as a given that leaders like Mr Lee were of a different breed, that they did not fear what the rest of us so humanly did.

That night, I realised that he was a different sort of man not because he did not fear, but because despite his fears he led our nation to independence—at an age when so many of us today have vastly different dreams.

Malaysia and Singapore were seen as inseparable

Meeting with PAS leaders later on the trip, including some hardliners who had virulently lambasted him in public, Mr Lee said to them, in Malay, “In my mind, I still cannot separate Singapore from Malaysia.”

44 years after our independence, he was still not certain that Singapore’s longer-run sustainability could be assured without merger, and yet he did his best within the circumstances to ensure that Singapore survived.

We travelled on to Penang, a state with a Chinese majority led by the political party DAP, which was formed by members of the de-registered People’s Action Party of Malaysia.

Mr Lee looked intently out the window throughout the drive from the airport to our meeting with Penang’s Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.

He observed Penang’s airport, its roads, its buildings. Commenting on the state of its infrastructure, starved of federal funding, he said softly to himself that this could well have been Singapore had we stayed in Malaysia.

The streets leading up to the meeting place were lined with cheering Penangites who had come out in droves to catch a glimpse of him.

Singapore will face different challenges as time passes
Today, Singapore at 52 faces a whole new set of challenges: an ageing population, disruptive technologies, regional competitors snapping at our heels, narrowing geopolitical space, security threats, a changing employment landscape and evolving citizen aspirations.

All this on top of the perennial issues of jobs and the cost of living.

Over the past few months, I have asked Singaporeans about their belief in the longer- term future of Singapore. Few were optimistic. Some are hedging their bets and preparing to move abroad.

Singapore is an aberration, they say; city-states were never meant to last.

Each generation has its own sets of challenges, and none can nor should be easily compared. But I cannot help but remember that trip to Malaysia almost a decade ago, and the fear I glimpsed in a young Mr Lee, at the helm of a nascent nation with a very uncertain future.

It took a special group of lions and the lionhearted to have acted in spite of their fears, and to have pushed ahead not knowing where our country would head. The foundations we are fortunate enough to build on today were laid by dint of the courage, grit and resolve of Mr Lee and our founding generation.

What would have happened to what we call Singapore today should they not have dared? It is anyone’s guess.

So have faith yet, in little Singapore. Never forget that a better future is worth fighting for, even if at times the battle ahead seems daunting and uncertain; even if at times, we fear.

https://mothership.sg/2020/03/mfa-staff-mm-lee-kuan-yew/

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
whatever people feel about him, no one can say he didn't take the bull by the horns. a tough act to follow.

Oppie Chee and JBJ would simply had allowed the jiuhu m&d racists to roll over us. And I'm certain that certain umno supporters living in Singapore would not have hesistated to backstab us to fulfill their racist dreams.

stingray

Alfrescian
Loyal
lky-msia.jpg

By Genevieve Ding

They subsequently withdrew their troops, just as he had hoped they would. “You think I wasn’t afraid?” He paused. “I was so afraid. I was 35.”

Hearing Mr Lee relate this and other stories about Singapore’s independence journey was deeply affecting: I had never so starkly understood how easily our fate could have turned, and how tenuous our continued existence was even today.

Having grown up in modern Singapore, where Mr Lee has been a larger-than-life figure for all of my adulthood, it was easy to forget that he became Singapore’s Prime Minister at just 35—an age I am rapidly approaching.

Like any other young person would be in the face of such events, he was afraid, but he also knew that there were hundreds of thousands of people whose livelihoods depended on whether Singapore would survive. And so he pressed on.

Previously, I had always taken as a given that leaders like Mr Lee were of a different breed, that they did not fear what the rest of us so humanly did.

That night, I realised that he was a different sort of man not because he did not fear, but because despite his fears he led our nation to independence—at an age when so many of us today have vastly different dreams.

Meeting with PAS leaders later on the trip, including some hardliners who had virulently lambasted him in public, Mr Lee said to them, in Malay, “In my mind, I still cannot separate Singapore from Malaysia.”

44 years after our independence, he was still not certain that Singapore’s longer-run sustainability could be assured without merger, and yet he did his best within the circumstances to ensure that Singapore survived.

We travelled on to Penang, a state with a Chinese majority led by the political party DAP, which was formed by members of the de-registered People’s Action Party of Malaysia.

Mr Lee looked intently out the window throughout the drive from the airport to our meeting with Penang’s Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.

He observed Penang’s airport, its roads, its buildings. Commenting on the state of its infrastructure, starved of federal funding, he said softly to himself that this could well have been Singapore had we stayed in Malaysia.

The streets leading up to the meeting place were lined with cheering Penangites who had come out in droves to catch a glimpse of him.

Today, Singapore at 52 faces a whole new set of challenges: an ageing population, disruptive technologies, regional competitors snapping at our heels, narrowing geopolitical space, security threats, a changing employment landscape and evolving citizen aspirations.

Over the past few months, I have asked Singaporeans about their belief in the longer- term future of Singapore. Few were optimistic. Some are hedging their bets and preparing to move abroad.

Each generation has its own sets of challenges, and none can nor should be easily compared. But I cannot help but remember that trip to Malaysia almost a decade ago, and the fear I glimpsed in a young Mr Lee, at the helm of a nascent nation with a very uncertain future.

It took a special group of lions and the lionhearted to have acted in spite of their fears, and to have pushed ahead not knowing where our country would head. The foundations we are fortunate enough to build on today were laid by dint of the courage, grit and resolve of Mr Lee and our founding generation.

What would have happened to what we call Singapore today should they not have dared? It is anyone’s guess.

So have faith yet, in little Singapore. Never forget that a better future is worth fighting for, even if at times the battle ahead seems daunting and uncertain; even if at times, we fear.

This article is an interesting read; there is doubt that - Had SG remained as part of mudland and not kicked out by Tengku and his gang of extremists, there would not be a modern singapo today. LKY knew he could not simply withdraw SG from Fed of Malaysia. The Tengku would put him in jail for subversion. So, he coined the rallying cry of "Malaysia for Malaysians". This agitation alarmed the bumiputras, and so, they kicked SG out and let SG go free. Was LKY happy? He even cried on TV. Crocodile tears? You bet.

He had never been happier in his life. He had screwed the mudlanders to get SG from their grasp but they thought they had screwed LKY.

Malaysia, then and till today, is never meant to be "Malaysia for Malaysians. It is a delusion to believe so. Malaysia is for the Melayu, unlike SG which is truly multi-racial in spirit and substance.

LKY is not the kind of dude to embark on a risky move without doing his homework. Fortunately, he was in charge when the mudland wanted to absorb SG and make it a State within the Federarion, just like what they had done to Sabah and Sarawak. Till today, these two territories remain just an outpost of mudland.

For this achievement, sinaporans must truly thank LKY for being crafty to lead SG on the path to modernisation. However, in his later years, his brain got screwed up and he began the journey to let FS and PS walk into the country, believing they are good for SG but today, majority of locals knew he had made a terrible mistake.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
lky-msia.jpg

By Genevieve Ding

I was a young Foreign Service Officer, just about a year into my stint on the Malaysia and Brunei Desk in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, when I was assigned to staff then-Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on a trip to Malaysia.

It was June 2009,
and Mr Lee’s first trip to our closest neighbour in over 10 years.

It would also, as it turned out, be his last. Coming quick on the heels of Barisan Nasional’s and UMNO’s unprecedented General Election losses, the historic eight-day trip spanned Kuala Lumpur, Perak, Penang, Kelantan, and Pahang.

Mr Lee brought along some younger ministers with him on the trip, including then-Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and then-Education Minister Ng Eng Hen, and met with Prime Minister Najib, royalty, ministers and businessmen.

More than its public positioning as a trip down memory lane, it seemed to me that Mr Lee embarked on this punishing multi-state trip to leverage what goodwill or influence he had, and lay the path for the next generation of leadership.

I can only imagine what his emotions and reflections were, on a trip back to a country he had fought so hard to unite with, and which had thrown us out in a moment of public anguish.

MM Lee Kuan Yew: “You think I wasn’t afraid? I was afraid. I was 35.”

While dining with the small Singaporean delegation one evening, he spoke about Singapore’s early days. How, even after we became independent, Malaysian ground troops continued to operate in Singapore: a foreign army on sovereign soil.

Knowing that Malaysia would be watching closely, he made the decision to roll out our 18 newly acquired AMX-13 light tanks at our National Day Parade in 1969,
in what became our first Mobile Column drive-past. More than simply to instill pride and confidence among our people, the move was an outward display to Malaysia that we were playing the long game—even if internally we weren’t quite sure yet whether we would succeed.

Who is this Genevieve Ding bitch? In addition to swallowing the PAP propaganda, she must have swallowed Ah Gong's shriveled dried lancheow on this trip. Malaysia threw singapore out? Lancheow lah. The fucker Old Fart had a big ego and so did Tun Abdul Razak. One of them had to go. In fact, Razak said he never threw them out. The lack of a referendum on separation bares this out. It was a back room deal done between the 2 men. Even members of Old FArt\s cabinet did not know about it. To this day, there is no formal document from Malaysia requesting singapore to leave. How can he say we were thrown out?

Regarding the malaysian army on singapore soil. Another talk cock. Who was the one that wanted the Brits out and wanted independence? It was old fart. If the brits had stayed, their army, navy and air force, gurkhas would be here. We would have had nothing to fear from the MAlaysian army.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This article is an interesting read; there is doubt that - Had SG remained as part of mudland and not kicked out by Tengku and his gang of extremists, there would not be a modern singapo today. LKY knew he could not simply withdraw SG from Fed of Malaysia. The Tengku would put him in jail for subversion. So, he coined the rallying cry of "Malaysia for Malaysians". This agitation alarmed the bumiputras, and so, they kicked SG out and let SG go free. Was LKY happy? He even cried on TV. Crocodile tears? You bet.

He had never been happier in his life. He had screwed the mudlanders to get SG from their grasp but they thought they had screwed LKY.

Malaysia, then and till today, is never meant to be "Malaysia for Malaysians. It is a delusion to believe so. Malaysia is for the Melayu, unlike SG which is truly multi-racial in spirit and substance.

LKY is not the kind of dude to embark on a risky move without doing his homework. Fortunately, he was in charge when the mudland wanted to absorb SG and make it a State within the Federarion, just like what they had done to Sabah and Sarawak. Till today, these two territories remain just an outpost of mudland.

For this achievement, sinaporans must truly thank LKY for being crafty to lead SG on the path to modernisation. However, in his later years, his brain got screwed up and he began the journey to let FS and PS walk into the country, believing they are good for SG but today, majority of locals knew he had made a terrible mistake.

Please lah, Lee CONs U wanted to be PM. Since he could not be PM of Malaya, he had to opt for a smaller pie, thus be engineered the separation of SINKapore from Mudland. He played roulette with sinkee's lives. If Sinkapore remained in Mudland, the Malays would have been different. And sinkees would have a better quality of life.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudland troops were in SINKapore under the five-nation defence pact. Since SINKapore showed that it could defend itself, Mudland withdrew lah. Lee CONs U know how to twist info to make him look good. That's why he is Lee CONs U.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Mudland troops were in SINKapore under the five-nation defence pact. Since SINKapore showed that it could defend itself, Mudland withdrew lah. Lee CONs U know how to twist info to make him look good. That's why he is Lee CONs U.

At that time, there was also a Gurkha contingent, Aussie air force base in Butterworth, Brits nearby in Brunei. etc. We were not defenceless as this dumb bitch thinks we were. And why the hell would malaysia attack us? They have enough problems of their own. Its far better for them to leave a chinese enclave like singapore alone out on an island. Then to capture it and integrate it into the Federation. This Lee Con You was really paranoid in addition to having illusions of grandeur.

Last edited:

aquilonian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If LKY were still alive he would threaten to sue the coronavirus until kow kow so that Sinkie would be virus free.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current PAP leadership is nothing like the old guards. The love for money is now the spirit of the PAP. Sinkies can go fuck themselves and put foreigners first.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U must have sucked ah gong's chow lancheow good good when he was alife

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
had a chance to browse through a copy of mahathir's memoirs recently. he really had a thing for the "racist LKY" (pot calling kettle black kinda thing) and i don't doubt the m&ds really wanted to kick the PAP out. not so much the chinks. just the PAP. The MCA was seen as more cooperative.

the Lee led PAP would have been a genuine threat to malay supremacy.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simi lanjiao gong?
He's fucking dead and 60 feet under burning in hell.

That smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY is in 7th level hell with his Gecko.
Both there being tiewed and kanned and fucked non stop by legions of demons and ghouls giving them
the same mercy as what they gave to all and anyone that they disliked when they alive.

#1149322: ictonica - e621

#448224: beowulf1117 - e621

Read 3D hardcore Gif Hentai Online porn manga and Doujinshi

3D CG Monster Rape

#412567: beowulf1117 - e621

download.gif

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Forward this on your WhatsApp and make this go viral.
Get this onto the handphones of all in Singapore

VOTE OUT ALL THE MAGGOTS AND MAGGOTESS IN WHITE AND TURN STINKAPORE BACK INTO SINGAPORE

OR OUR KIDS END UP BECOMING SECURITY GUARDS TO BE KICKED IN FACE BY CECAs OR PANDA FOOD DELIVERIES OR PICKING UP CARDBOARDS OR SELLING TISSUE PAPER IN HAWKER CENTERS

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

For this achievement, sinaporans must truly thank LKY for being crafty to lead SG on the path to modernisation.
I agree with everything you wrote except this :

However, in his later years, his brain got screwed up and he began the journey to let FS and PS walk into the country, believing they are good for SG but today, majority of locals knew he had made a terrible mistake.

I don't believe that was his decision. I believe at that point, he was switched off and let you know who is currently in charge make all the decisions. Singapore followed a very defnite trajectory when he was alive and active. In his last years, it looked and felt very different. It felt like the product of someone who didn't grow up in hard times but given headstart in everything.