• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what will you do if someone stare at you?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
heh regarding about the recent case of one guy hacked by 3 gangster to death,
i think we need to really talk about this openly and let everyone know why we stare and what make us stare and what to do if we kana stare and any good solution to avoid been stare and also, what pre-caution must we take if we already kana stare!!!

my experience is, i did encounter kana stared by gangster before.but what i did was, i act blur.look somewhere else.then when i tried to see if they were still staring, they did not stare already.lucky me!!!

maybe next time i think we need to wear dark glasses to avoid all these stupid misunderstanding....!!!

Must assess situation lah. I've acted blur and I've also fought with those bengs before.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone must remind themselves, they are not yip man, cannot 1 person fight so many. Best is don't fight. Use talk one.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most funny personal staring incidence I've come across personally.

One day after off-duty from nightshift, early morning about 9 a.m. I was outside Bras Basah McD waiting for a colleague for a breakfast appointment. 3 young punks were talking loud and spewing vulgarities nearby. I inadvertently look a second glance, but heck, I was off duty, not my problem. Not a real big public problem anyway.

Unexpectedly, they approached me and asked, siao eh, kgua simi lanjiao? Early morning 9 a.m. and they haven't got over their hangover from last night? I didn't identify myself as police since I didn't want trouble off duty. So I just said, you're mistaken, I'm just waiting for a friend and looking whether he arrived.

Wah, they were still not happy and pushed me, warned me next time don't anyhow stare. I got hot also, flashed my warrant card and asked them to hand over their ICs. They were stunned. More stunned when my friend timelily appeared behind, flashing his warrant card also. No-pay OT. We arrested them for criminal intimidation and called for a police van. Those days there was no mobile phone and even we police officers off duty without walkie talkies had to use a public phone. Better still for the IO, all three were screened wanted for various cases from AWOL to housebreaking.

u expose yourself...:biggrin: now talking to you must be very careful leh.cannot talk bad about gov liao.haha

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm ex-police long ago already. Anyway the no-pay OT was quite fun, we had some fun with them in lockup. :biggrin:

Actually I also wonder what difference it does even if you are a off duty police officer, since you don't have pistol with you, they can also beat u up just like any civilian, then disperse.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I also wonder what difference it does even if you are a off duty police officer, since you don't have pistol with you, they can also beat u up just like any civilian, then disperse.

Good question. The answer is don't mess with the wrong guys unless you're very sure. Me and my friend were both AIOs then with revolvers 24/7. Anyway, the revolvers didn't even mattered. They cowered at the warrant cards and surrendered already. But of course, your point is valid, what if they put up a fight? Answer is of course, police fight back and do our best.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good question. The answer is don't mess with the wrong guys unless you're very sure. Me and my friend were both AIOs then with revolvers 24/7. Anyway, the revolvers didn't even mattered. They cowered at the warrant cards and surrendered already. But of course, your point is valid, what if they put up a fight? Answer is of course, police fight back and do our best.

The other way is to hurl vulgarities at them in the absence of members of public. That should paralyze them for a few seconds. Get into the police vehicle and the party commences, eh?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other way is to hurl vulgarities at them in the absence of members of public. That should paralyze them for a few seconds. Get into the police vehicle and the party commences, eh?

Hurling vulgarities at them is no fun. Lock them up, strip them up, spray them up and beat them up, that's real fun. :biggrin:

My point is not police brutality. My point is how stupid people could be? No knowing who the strangers are and try to bully?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hurling vulgarities at them is no fun. Lock them up, strip them up, spray them up and beat them up, that's real fun. :biggrin:

My point is not police brutality. My point is how stupid people could be? No knowing who the strangers are and try to bully?

thats why nowadays police lockup got so many video camera ....policeman cannot anyhow humtam accuse liao ....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why nowadays police lockup got so many video camera ....policeman cannot anyhow humtam accuse liao ....

Cameras are always strategically placed, meaning along the corridors. Never in the IO's room or rooms in lock-ups. So, no problem with assault.

The debate over whether there ought to be video recording when statements are taken from the accused continues to be debated. If it is done, lots of statements will be thrown out. Hahahahaha. Lawyers will kpkb here, there and everywhere. I think video recording is done in Aussieland and GB.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cameras are always strategically placed, meaning along the corridors. Never in the IO's room or rooms in lock-ups. So, no problem with assault.

The debate over whether there ought to be video recording when statements are taken from the accused continues to be debated. If it is done, lots of statements will be thrown out. Hahahahaha. Lawyers will kpkb here, there and everywhere. I think video recording is done in Aussieland and GB.

You know it well. Lockup CCTV at corridor only. Never in cells. In general male cells, they're usually stripped down to underwears only. Got camera, how to survive? Why like that? Because last time some idiots tried to hang themselves with their clothes. Female detainees have separate cells of course, and not required to strip down to underwears of course.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most funny personal staring incidence I've come across personally.

One day after off-duty from nightshift, early morning about 9 a.m. I was outside Bras Basah McD waiting for a colleague for a breakfast appointment. 3 young punks were talking loud and spewing vulgarities nearby. I inadvertently look a second glance, but heck, I was off duty, not my problem. Not a real big public problem anyway.

Unexpectedly, they approached me and asked, siao eh, kgua simi lanjiao? Early morning 9 a.m. and they haven't got over their hangover from last night? I didn't identify myself as police since I didn't want trouble off duty. So I just said, you're mistaken, I'm just waiting for a friend and looking whether he arrived.

Wah, they were still not happy and pushed me, warned me next time don't anyhow stare. I got hot also, flashed my warrant card and asked them to hand over their ICs. They were stunned. More stunned when my friend timelily appeared behind, flashing his warrant card also. No-pay OT. We arrested them for criminal intimidation and called for a police van. Those days there was no mobile phone and even we police officers off duty without walkie talkies had to use a public phone. Better still for the IO, all three were screened wanted for various cases from AWOL to housebreaking.

u r lucky man! all red! :biggrin:

someone told me before that policeman always got the police look even off duty. those smart ones will try to avoid policeman, but some dont know will find trouble with the wrong guy. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
When someone stares at me, I usually smile and give a friendly head nod. If that someone is a chio bu, I will smile, give a friendly head nod, go over and start a conversation (if the wife is not there).

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
heh regarding about the recent case of one guy hacked by 3 gangster to death,
i think we need to really talk about this openly and let everyone know why we stare and what make us stare and what to do if we kana stare and any good solution to avoid been stare and also, what pre-caution must we take if we already kana stare!!!

my experience is, i did encounter kana stared by gangster before.but what i did was, i act blur.look somewhere else.then when i tried to see if they were still staring, they did not stare already.lucky me!!!

maybe next time i think we need to wear dark glasses to avoid all these stupid misunderstanding....!!!

Next time when they stare at you first and being confronted say you need money urgently to pay debt and can do a contract job and ask if they have lobang - for 50 grand you say include bury the body. 25 grand you send thec dead body to them. They will think you are mad and split and disappear.

If you stare at them and they stare back at you, go forward to them (don't worry gangster no guts) and say you are looking for someone to do a contract job. you agree to pay 50 grand to finish your enemy and want the body buried, and ask them if they can do it or got lobang. Tell you, I tired this many times and it works, the group will split and disappear and none will want to talk to you. They think you are mad! or shit! ....hehehe

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time when they stare at you first and being confronted say you need money urgently to pay debt and can do a contract job and ask if they have lobang - for 50 grand you say include bury the body. 25 grand you send thec dead body to them. They will think you are mad and split and disappear.

If you stare at them and they stare back at you, go forward to them (don't worry gangster no guts) and say you are looking for someone to do a contract job. you agree to pay 50 grand to finish your enemy and want the body buried, and ask them if they can do it or got lobang. Tell you, I tired this many times and it works, the group will split and disappear and none will want to talk to you. They think you are mad! or shit! ....hehehe

LOL this the best reply i have seen

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
regarding staring incidents, teach you young punks a trick, i really dun want to see anyone get killed over such stupid thing. Let's say:

Ah beng: siong simi lanjiao?

you: why,cannot see?

ah beng: ai hoot sibor?

you: let's talk behind.

ah beng: before he pulled his punches

you:lai, have a smoke, paiseh lar, tai chi sua sua, how?
(you must say that jokingly like stephen chow)

at the end, you dun lose much face, neither does him? get the point.
it's all about face. who knows you may become his friend and later he may help you too. I befriended pple using this trick.:o:biggrin:

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<<<When I was 13 yrs old, was near my friend's house with him and were on the way back to his house. 1 group of ah bengs surrounded us, at least 12 of them, aged at least 15,16yo asked why both of us stare at them, we say don't have. The leader said don't apologise, we are going to get beaten. ...>>>>

Every male has some sort of this experience, in which females like my wife do not understand.

Something happened to me when I was about 12 in the late 1960s. It was in the New World Amusement Park. Three os us were there in the afternoon to look at the cinema photoshots. After walking away from the Pacific Cinema going towards Grand Cinema, a group of 6 to 7 youths approached us.

I was walking ahead and did not know that they had stop my friend Chee Mum. Then Chee Mum told me he was accused that he stared at the girlfriend of one of them. I do recognized two familiar faces among them but that was of no help.

So I asked Chee Mum, what they want to do. Chee Mum say, they want to fight one-on-one with one of us. Well then I suggested that they pick anyone of us. One of them choose Chee Mum.

Wow. The next thing I remembered was wild punching and kicking for about a minute....no winner or loser....just stopped and walked away.

I was suprised that my skinny friend Chee Mum could fight that well. I slatute him even till today. Both or us are 55 now.

I have a 14 year-old son. We live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

I can tell you gangs are also common. Just those street gangs.

I teach him to prepare for this type of staring incidents bec. I told him I do had bad experience and it would be too late to think of a solution if you are not prepared when accused by them.

One of the thing is that they usually call you: "Hi come here" or "Why are you staring at us".

One of the option is that I rehearse with my son to say: "Sorry I did not stare, but I need to call my dad....(get his cell phone out as he talks)....he's waiting for me at across the street."

Saying sorry and smile lightly is the best defence. Avoid and confrontation, especially if you encounter a group of 10 to 12 young men carry kitchen nives and parangs.....normally decent youths woul dnot carry these things.

"Swallow your pride they are not fattening".

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst incident was about 5 years ago. I was walking down from pile of snow along a slope. A native lady and four men was walking below. The lady shouted to me:"Is it muddy!?"

I answered with my loud voice and smiling as usuall: "Yes it is muddy. Don't come up!"

Alamat, hell broke loose. The man walking with her shouted at me: "Why you call my girlfriend honey. You you want to fuck her?"

Lucky we Singaporeans were trained in the army and we are used to all those shouting with fuck so I was not shock. Moreover I am damn good Wing Chun sifu. Also I always have a screw with a ring wearing on my centre finger.

He called me: "Come here!"

Well I surprised him. I did went to him but then standing in the middle of the road so that the dim street light just outsie the city commercial zone can sne on me. I had my srew in the had ready.

He continued to scold me....."Why do yu call her honey? Do you want to fuck her? I can do homo. I like you."

Then the frightening part begin.....he shouted very loudly: "Do you want to fight." He stated to put up his boxing stance and move his arms.
The other 3 native men who were infront of them, move in! Yea, coming fast.

I was damn calm. I knew exactly what to do because I have been teaching my students and son and rehearse for such a situation. No kidding. I was about to swing at him and then charge towards the first one who come to me. But then in my mind I was thinking they might have AIDS.

Then I was lucky. A car came bay and horned very loudly at as as we were blocking the road. By some God's intervention, the woman shouted at her boyfriend: "Get away from him."

Taking that opportunity I smoothly walk away....constantly looking at them when I walk.

That was the worst experience in Edmonton. for a middle age man of 50 years old then.