• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What went terribly wrong in Holland-BT for the best qualified opposit team in the GE

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What went terribly wrong in Holland-BT for the best qualified opposit team in the

WP CEC was sued by PAP Indian MPs as result of their then asst treasurer writing an article on Indian MPs and released by JBJ. It does explain their apprehension in their area. Prior to this incident it was truly a multi-racial party founded by a Marshall, a Jew. Having Pritam is a start to heal the wound and to move to be cosmopolitan.

The reality is that sino-centricity continues to be a significant factor and the PAP has always relied on that. Lim Swee Say and Yeo Guat Kwang are key leaders of the influential Chinese speaking and both were rescued from marginal seats - Yeo from Aljunied and Lim from Holland-BT. GY was sacrificied.

The PAP is good at playing communal politics and the racial card. Old man keeps repeating that Dhanabalan and Tharman cannot be PM not that he needed to remind the non Chinese that they have no hope but to re-assure the Chinese speaking support base that the formula is not the same. The SAP are there not to give high education but to look after their base. High education comes from RI / RGS

They are doing the same thing to the Malay community. The Malays are given jobs Stat Boards and civil service. Why you think they are very quiet. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

Interestingly, I see WP's sino-centric style as its weakness in capturing minority and english-speaking votes.

Much more needs to be done by WP if they want to go beyond one GRC, especially in recruiting Malay and Indian candidates.

They have impressed me with their organization and consistency in this campaign.

I see the baby steps of our alternative government.

hotjava

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What went terribly wrong

Sparetyre is right. Nicole did get many votes. Her crying and even angry speeches worked with many on the ground. Smiling all the time may indicate weakness, a willingness to compromise, bend-over-backwards to please. Anger at the right moment shows fire in the belly and passion. Many strong leaders & gifted orators like LKY, Winston Churchill, Hu Jintao, Mao Zedong and even Hitler never smiles.

hotjava

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What went terribly wrong in Holland-BT for the best qualified opposit team in the

Tan Jee Say had a well crafted Economic Regeneration Plan for Singapore. Only problem is he did not sell it correctly from a political angle. For a detailed analysis of this, go to : http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.com/2011/05/tan-jee-says-naivete-as-politician.html

Moreover, the entire SDP team did not have a good Chinese speaker. While Michelle speaks Chinese, it wasn't good enough for a compelling presentation of the issues. Dr Ang's mixture of pasar Chinese and Hokkien was entertaining at best. Tan Jee Say couldn't explain his plan in Chinese. Alec Tok was the only SDP candidate who spoke excellent Chinese, but he was deployed against PAP's Dr Teo Ho Pin, the highest PAP scorer during the 2006 GE. Not surprisingly, he crushed Alec. Wrong deployment again

Most of the votes for SDP's Holland-BT GRC came from the mainly English-speaking private housing estates. Heart-landers struggled to understand Dr Vincent's lofty oratory style. No Malay speaker also in SDP Holland-BT team.

I was told WP candidates watched videos of Obama's campaign speeches to learn about style. Obama uses a mix of smiles and anger to put his message across. SDP should watch Obama too to improve.

Finally, CSJ is, unfortunately, a liability that cannot be dismissed easily. While I know he's tried hard to change, most people won't care nor give him a second chance. The biased local media will continue to demonize him. CSJ's negativity will stick, poisoning the party. If he resigns, who can take over? VW will never be accepted by conservative Singaporeans.

SDP is unlikely to recover given its dismal results this time.

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gay is certainly not an issue becuase bring this up back fired on Ms Vivian. You will also be surprise that a revelation from another thread indicated the richer folks actually voted for SDP, it was Ghim Moh and BT Panjang that came with strong PAP support.

Actually if you happened to talk to those not voting for them you will realize that it is their past that came back and haunt them. The mention of SDP link them to "mad man" Dr Chee and they all irks on voting for him.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gay is certainly not an issue becuase bring this up back fired on Ms Vivian. You will also be surprise that a revelation from another thread indicated the richer folks actually voted for SDP, it was Ghim Moh and BT Panjang that came with strong PAP support.

Actually if you happened to talk to those not voting for them you will realize that it is their past that came back and haunt them. The mention of SDP link them to "mad man" Dr Chee and they all irks on voting for him.

my wife's fren, stay 3 room flat in ghim moh, couple voted for pap :mad:

5 years for them to repent. tiu.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

The guy who dabbled in sensitive race issue during rally and laughed at his rivals for doing the tedious door-to-door campaigning is a bookworm detached from the ground sentiment. The ruling party candidates, who seldom appeared in their own precinct in the last 5 years, at least make an effort to visit some blocks of flats twice (before and during the election week) to hand deliver campaigning materials to the residents. Given that SDP has no active presence in this grc before the election and by using this kind of save-effort & save-time campaign, it is not at all surprising that they had lost more votes from the hdb heartlanders.

Whoever suggested the hotel venue for their supporters to gather and wait for the election result announcement is also detached from the ground sentiment. While other political parties were still reaching out to the residents at the last minutes before the announcement in stadiums, the SDP would rather wait to open their champagnes in the comfort of a hotel ballroom. How to expect them to win with this kind of attitude?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I understand that the pap mp for bukit panjang is quite well liked.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

The guy who dabbled in sensitive race issue during rally and laughed at his rivals for doing the tedious door-to-door campaigning is a bookworm detached from the ground sentiment. The ruling party candidates, who seldom appeared in their own precinct in the last 5 years, at least make an effort to visit some blocks of flats twice (before and during the election week) to hand deliver campaigning materials to the residents. Given that SDP has no active presence in this grc before the election and by using this kind of save-effort & save-time campaign, it is not at all surprising that they had lost more votes from the hdb heartlanders.

Whoever suggested the hotel venue for their supporters to gather and wait for the election result announcement is also detached from the ground sentiment. While other political parties were still reaching out to the residents at the last minutes before the announcement in stadiums, the SDP would rather wait to open their champagnes in the comfort of a hotel ballroom. How to expect them to win with this kind of attitude?

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its not easy to replace Chee...Michelle Lee has the highest EQ and widest mainstream acceptability in that lot but she won't have the time.

Also, there is a big difference between being a chairman, a sec gen, a candidate, and a member/supporter. You need to get that right

KJ is the best example. Awful SG, but would make a good candidate, possibly a chairman

Tan Jee Say had a well crafted Economic Regeneration Plan for Singapore. Only problem is he did not sell it correctly from a political angle. For a detailed analysis of this, go to : http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.com/2011/05/tan-jee-says-naivete-as-politician.html

Moreover, the entire SDP team did not have a good Chinese speaker. While Michelle speaks Chinese, it wasn't good enough for a compelling presentation of the issues. Dr Ang's mixture of pasar Chinese and Hokkien was entertaining at best. Tan Jee Say couldn't explain his plan in Chinese. Alec Tok was the only SDP candidate who spoke excellent Chinese, but he was deployed against PAP's Dr Teo Ho Pin, the highest PAP scorer during the 2006 GE. Not surprisingly, he crushed Alec. Wrong deployment again

Most of the votes for SDP's Holland-BT GRC came from the mainly English-speaking private housing estates. Heart-landers struggled to understand Dr Vincent's lofty oratory style. No Malay speaker also in SDP Holland-BT team.

I was told WP candidates watched videos of Obama's campaign speeches to learn about style. Obama uses a mix of smiles and anger to put his message across. SDP should watch Obama too to improve.

Finally, CSJ is, unfortunately, a liability that cannot be dismissed easily. While I know he's tried hard to change, most people won't care nor give him a second chance. The biased local media will continue to demonize him. CSJ's negativity will stick, poisoning the party. If he resigns, who can take over? VW will never be accepted by conservative Singaporeans.

SDP is unlikely to recover given its dismal results this time.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

interesting posts...

perhaps what happened in aljunied is abit instructive viz this thread...fm what i gleaned fm msm...it appears that WP won in all 5 wards...highest vote coming fm the private estate in serangoon gardens...which suggests that middle n upper middle classes may no longer be slam dunk pap supporters...even a generally well respected, senior, likeable chap like zainul lost the malay vote to a relative unknown younger malay opponent...

compare these results to hoilland bukit timah...just going by what michelle lee n the rest of sdp said post ge11 n my observations of their hustings play...i am inclined to agree wif the view that u cant do wifout actually working the ground...n this must be done quite some time before the GE season itself...no doubt new/social media is indeed impt...but to rely on it in the main is clearly not enuff...the charismatic chinese speaker n abit of malay thrown in wld not go amiss as well...ironically it wld appear that sdp got more support fm the middle n upper middle classes than than the lower n working classes which it speaks up for...which is a pity...

as for ananth, i hope he attracts other like minded professionals/entrepreneurs/acdamics/admin civil servants etc n go form their own political party in the coming yr or two...i am certain they shall get strong support fm the public...unfortunately n sadly i think dr chee is seen as damaged goods in the public's eyes so i dont think any moderate electable types r going to get much joy fm being associated wif dr chee...like i hv said time n again in the past...dr chee is much more suited to be a political activist n quite a successful political activist at that...this is the path he seems to hv taken since the mid 90s n i dont think he can easily remove such a tag...

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

SDP is indeed suffering from image problem. Despite the stellar performance of their star team, they only generated dismal results. Over at WP, even the relatively unknowns did very well. Whilst the lack of chinese speaking candidates might have been a factor albeit a small one, it is still the image that did it. I believe if the same team were to be under WP banner, they could possibly even win another GRC.
The public's mistrust of Dr Chee is indeed deep. Dr Chee should have been more level headed in the past and be more of a strategist like LTK.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Scroo

Perhaps but as Michelle admitted it they scored in the Private Housing areas but badly amongst the HDB heartlands. That again is strange as the SDP message of both min wage, healthcare etc etc should resonate strongly. I would argue a combination of the following.

1. No consistent door to door walking over a period of at least a decade. Whatever is said abt AJ, it took the WP years of walking, selling hammer, door to door before it even swung. Gomez and his idea that Internet rules all can go back to academia.

2. The party consists of English Educated LIberals with no heart for grunt work grass roots campaigning. I am impressed with Nicole she lost in M Parade but what she can do to for the people who voted for her including using her time for tution she has promised to do so.

3. They have to knock the doors which they will need to do from next week.

Locke

I am not quite sure why Scroobal persists with his I-know-all-and-I-know-best, sneering, condescending attitude towards the SDP in this thread and in the other threads he started. This is since they obviously don't give a toss about him or his views as they and the old forummers know his personal history since scs and the old sammyboy forum days in the 90s.

Many of the old forummers here are at least a decade older if not more now and have put aside their personal animosities and dislikes either for the greater good or simply because they have mellowed over the years. Even Andrew Loh who used to hate the SDP with a vengeance has either mellowed or is able to put aside his earlier dislike of the SDP for the greater good (see http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/05/...as-just-begun/). Ditto for me, lockeliberal, and all the old gang.

I am just amaze at the level of his pettiness and continuing personal vendetta masquerading as some sort of serious analysis and the fact that he can continue to harbour this pettiness against Chee, Gomez's father, etc after more than a decade and after all these years. I am not quite sure where he gets the energy to do so. It is simply amazing. He is a complete contrast to his brother.

But I digress. I believe you got the reasons spot on. This is what I mailed (extracts of my mail below) CSJ on 29 April 2011, the day news about "relic" and "out-of-date" story broke.

"...I say without any qualms that JohnTan and Gomez are wrong to view door-to-door visits as "relics" and "out-of-date". It was an incredibly stupid thing to say...."

....Never underestimate the power of human contact, the human connection from the shake of the hands and the view of voters that you are prepared to physically slog it out to win their votes. It is not just about making good speeches from the pulpit or pumping out information from your website or visiting markets and hawker centres.

Unfortunately and ironically, John Tan's and Gomez's responses create a perception that the SDP are elitist and are unwilling to roll up their sleeves to slog it out and instead hope to sail into parliament on the coat-tails of nightly rallies, speeches and information pumped out from your website.

Please don't waste all your past efforts and sacrifices. Go out there. Visit households. Let the word spread.

As much as I am a strong supporter of the SDP, I can tell you that there is no way any SDP member will get into Parliament if you take the view that door-to-door visits are "relics" and "out-of-date".

Ask yourself honestly. Between a politician taking the effort to sweat it out, climb the stairs and visit your household and one who does not, who would you feel more obliged to give your vote to?..."

The SDP failed to court the electorate the way their PAP opponents did and the way the WP has done. Having said that, there is a positive side to this setback for the SDP. It is not a half-empty glass or an unmitigated disaster that will lead to the SDP imploding and people walking out of the party like what Sneering Scroobal would like to portray it to be. It is a half-full glass. The SDP has improved. It has got 4 out of 10 votes (HBT GRC) - that's nothing to sneer at - despite working less at the grassroots work as compared to the PAP and WP.

If they do like what you say and start knocking on doors and start courting voters the way the WP (and even the PAP) has done, I have absolutely no doubts that they can attain that 11% swing for them to win the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC (and more) in 2016.

I wish Chee and the SDP, Low TK and the WP, GMS and the NSP and all the other opposition parties every success as they continue to lead the march against the PAP.

And to Scroobal, peace be upon you my brother. Let it go. Find your inner peace.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Welcome back bro. I knew you could not resist. Always saying goodbye but never saying goodbye. What happened, no pm first to get me to identify myself.

Lockeliberal identity is known and Andrew Loh is his really name. Nobody stands a chance when you start divulging their inner details and passing these to your good friend the doctor in Temasek Review to write shameless article and wrecking people's lives. I am sure they too will peace. Why don't you reveal your identity to them if you are genuine with your intention. Bet you, you won't

You don't even know if I am man, women, donkey, old, young, chinese, Indian, mexican or malay. No one does. Even if you call me a faggot, a bigot or a fraud nothing will stick as no one knows who the hell I am. I have all your PM trying to suck up to me including one where I supposed to be a retired ex-ST reporter with testicular cancer. You tried to suck up to Profirio and it did not go anyway. You tried to character assassinate GMS about an imaginary incident in Ang Mo Kio and it came to bite you as a dishonest person. GMS got 42%, well what did your ilk achieve. Lets not forget you and your buddies complaining to the Mod in the delphi forum and banning us. In this forum you can't get away, so the behaviour changed. Note that your buddies and you no longer participate - why - cat got your tongue. Or you can't ban anyone.

Those who identities are known will of course be nice to you as you not only deceitful but dangerous. In essence they fear you. What can you do to me?

Look at "WP Baru", the target of your venom. They have 6 seats as MPs, not NMPs or NCMP. That's for being sincere, dedicated and hardworking. They withstood your constant barrage of allegations, innuendos and smears. Now you want to cozy up to WP and their friends.

The damage you have done cannot be undone. The same goes for the doctor pal of yours. Those who are new to the forum would not understand the damage that you have done. Trying to bury WP and NSP with smears and false allegations. Suddenly you want to bury the hatchet when the wind starts blowing the other way.

ps. love your CSI explanation on why the face on the video is not the good doctor.

Many of the old forummers here are at least a decade older if not more now and have put aside their personal animosities and dislikes either for the greater good or simply because they have mellowed over the years. Even Andrew Loh who used to hate the SDP with a vengeance has either mellowed or is able to put aside his earlier dislike of the SDP for the greater good (see http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/05/...as-just-begun/). Ditto for me, lockeliberal, and all the old gang.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

No fucking wonder he actually replied to pondan hiao cheeby leetahbar aka Bob Sim Kheng Hwee in the past, the vindictive bitch in this forum. Target "SDP".I am not an old Samster.

A contrast to his brother?.......Hmmmmmmm.....confirms what I had always suspected. You can't beat the color off of a person's skin, that's my modification of an American English phrase.. Chink will always be chink. Mat will always be mat. Neh can't escape either.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal

I forgot to add about something else that bugged me at the rallies: Emcee Jaslyn Go

I had not seen her speak on stage until the rallies started. She looked hot in the SDP videos and spoke decent Mandarin too. But on stage, OMG..she looked like some PRC KTV gal who is high on drinks! Her tight pants on the first night's rally looked aweful and I can't belief she was originally slated to stand in Yuhua where there are plenty of ah peks. Am sure all the aunties there would have voted against her for if they ever saw her in that outfit.

Then come second day, at Jurong East, she took to stands and gave this stupid speech in which she tried to link complaints of SDP not walking the grounds enough by saying, " Of course we walked the grounds. because, at one market, Grace Fu refused to shake my hands, despite the ST reporter asking us to pose for a photo..that is proof that we have been walking the grounds in Yuhua. I can ask the ST Reporter to confirm it" ...WTF! Such a warped logic...and she is going to stand for the next election?? Good luck to SDP!:eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now that the necessary housekeeping is done, let get to the meat of the debate.

SDP was formed in 1980 and in 1993, Chee began heading it. That's 31 years since it was founded and 18 years being led by Chee. Suddenly it dawned on you if they worked the ground, they would have got the 11 % swing. It is not just me but the nation has been trying to tell Chee and SDP not to play to the foreign gallery, the NGOs but to the electorate. We also told you not to waste time confronting the fucking old man and the PAP but work the ground. I have not heard of any politician anywhere in the world that won a democratic election without working the ground. Have you?

When did the penny drop? At about 1am after the counting.

I think we have to move away from making claims that " I would be Prime Minister if I too had done this and that".

Here is the problem with SDP. 18 years of branding tends to stick. Working the ground is no longer sufficient. You need to get rid of the deadwood and start building from scratch. Chee and his sister are fine. The rest (the usual ones not the the new faces) need to go. Chee need to tell the nation that he is ready to work with them. He needs to get a good strategist to identify key issues affecting the voters. Death penalty for traffickers and burmese human rights are not exactly on the top of people's mind when they have find an affordable home, keep jobs and fight the foreign talent surge.

Lastly please don't come out with a budget when you can't even get an MP in. The best thing SDP can do is let people like Vincent and Michelle either re-cast the party or let them join a viable one.

If they do like what you say and start knocking on doors and start courting voters the way the WP (and even the PAP) has done, I have absolutely no doubts that they can attain that 11% swing for them to win the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC (and more) in 2016.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is now the new buzz and questions are plenty. Here is the outcome of the breakfast session post GE.

As expected there were number of schools thought with some having some very strong positions. But first the background;

The team was made of Vincent Wijeyasingha, Tan Jee Say, Ang Yong Guan and Michelle Lee. Everyone one of them was amply qualified with sterling qualities and not one of them was a passenger in terms of some minority crap associated with GRC. They spoke well, they grabbed the attention of Singaporeans from day one and had an excellent logistical and social media support from SDP. Everyone of their formal and informal comunications went well even when compared to the Behemoth PAP. The presence of Prof Paul Tambyah from NUH and his excellent speech. What went wrong and terribly wrong as the margin was 20% when VB had a perception and popularity issue with YOG, homelessness and price of meals albatrosses hanging his neck.

3 strong school of thoughts

1) Holland-BT is where the rich, famous, and the movers and shakers reside. They may be 100% behind this team, see all the logic behind the arguments and may even be friends with them, but practically might have been a factor. These people traditionally really on access to power. They rely on the PAP to approve their development plans, their business models, the building approval plans with mansion, access driveways etc. They need a govt team in residence as their MP to get the approvals etc. Vincent and team are practically useless to them. These are not heartlanders. They are not your usual salaried staff. They know that Town councils are either non existent in their ward or meaningless.

2) SDP Banner - The worse performing in previous GEs and with a negative legacy of not connecting with the people. As one pundit expressed - "the moment Alec Tok returned such a poor result knowing his credentials, the writing was one the wall". In fact all the well regarded candidates who joined SDP but were not associated with SDP such as Teo Soh Lung performed badly. I understand that Ms Teo cried and was upset that she left for home with close confidants. It is common knowledge that SDP was not the first choice as a party and in 3 of the cases were turned down by other opposition parties. SDP saving grace was having RP who performed badly as expected but both SDP and RP were buoyed by negative sentiments against the PAP. In comparison, SPP in Bishen-TP did very well.

3) The Gay / Sex with Boys smear. They outing of VW plus the video with the idiotic Ravi must have taken its toll. It video became viral before and after VB comment. The social media backlash did not seem to have VB who already is not popular have clashed with PAP Lily Neo and with some many negatives. The religious / conservative might have dealt a significant blow.

So which school of thought prevails or is it a combination of a number of factors. These are however quite conclusive
- the best slate of opposition candidates of qualification and performance
- they did badly when you compare the fact that every single one of WP candidates out performed them including some NSP candidates facing string PAP wards with entrenched sr cabinet figures.

Bear in mind that the PAP strategy team felt that the seat was under threat that they removed Lim Swee Say from it. It left a PAP team that was not even sino-centric which is not the normal PAP model and something which falls as a cardinal sin in party politics.

Do note that Dr Chee and the SDP followed the book on political campaigning and communication and completely differed from usual and past ethos of confrontational and PAP centric messaging.

What went wrong? Having Chee still in the SDP.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I forgot to add about something else that bugged me at the rallies: Emcee Jaslyn Go

I had not seen her speak on stage until the rallies started. She looked hot in the SDP videos and spoke decent Mandarin too. But on stage, OMG..she looked like some PRC KTV gal who is high on drinks! Her tight pants on the first night's rally looked aweful and I can't belief she was originally slated to stand in Yuhua where there are plenty of ah peks. Am sure all the aunties there would have voted against her for if they ever saw her in that outfit.

Then come second day, at Jurong East, she took to stands and gave this stupid speech in which she tried to link complaints of SDP not walking the grounds enough by saying, " Of course we walked the grounds. because, at one market, Grace Fu refused to shake my hands, despite the ST reporter asking us to pose for a photo..that is proof that we have been walking the grounds in Yuhua. I can ask the ST Reporter to confirm it" ...WTF! Such a warped logic...and she is going to stand for the next election?? Good luck to SDP!:eek:

Now let us wait for the pondan hiao cheebye Bobsim Kheng Hwee aka leetahbar aka 3WhiteTiger to stick his lubricating arse into this thread and post!.

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal

interesting posts...

perhaps what happened in aljunied is abit instructive viz this thread...fm what i gleaned fm msm...it appears that WP won in all 5 wards...highest vote coming fm the private estate in serangoon gardens...which suggests that middle n upper middle classes may no longer be slam dunk pap supporters...even a generally well respected, senior, likeable chap like zainul lost the malay vote to a relative unknown younger malay opponent...

compare these results to hoilland bukit timah...just going by what michelle lee n the rest of sdp said post ge11 n my observations of their hustings play...i am inclined to agree wif the view that u cant do wifout actually working the ground...n this must be done quite some time before the GE season itself...no doubt new/social media is indeed impt...but to rely on it in the main is clearly not enuff...the charismatic chinese speaker n abit of malay thrown in wld not go amiss as well...ironically it wld appear that sdp got more support fm the middle n upper middle classes than than the lower n working classes which it speaks up for...which is a pity...

as for ananth, i hope he attracts other like minded professionals/entrepreneurs/acdamics/admin civil servants etc n go form their own political party in the coming yr or two...i am certain they shall get strong support fm the public...unfortunately n sadly i think dr chee is seen as damaged goods in the public's eyes so i dont think any moderate electable types r going to get much joy fm being associated wif dr chee...like i hv said time n again in the past...dr chee is much more suited to be a political activist n quite a successful political activist at that...this is the path he seems to hv taken since the mid 90s n i dont think he can easily remove such a tag...

How do you know WP got the highest support for private estate in serangoon gardens. Did you read from the ST. Do you believe the ST? Can tell you lah...only the insiders will know which precinct got the highest or lowest support. The insiders are the candidates themselves, election agents, party members etc. Read the ST with a pinch of salt. From my WP's source, Aljunied got the highest % win vote not from LHH's precinct. ST claims that LHH is the worst performer. Do you believe. Similarly, which precinct has the most support for SDP in Holland Bukit-Timah...you have to check from SDP. Do not believe what is printed in ST.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

my wife's fren, stay 3 room flat in ghim moh, couple voted for pap :mad:

5 years for them to repent. tiu.

As I've mentioned, it was the rich/those staying in landed ppty who voted for oppo cos they knew that absolute power concentrated in the hands of one party/person is very dangerous for spore. They were willing to sacrifice higher ppty prices (even though they would benefit the most) for the good of the country.

It was the HDB voters that looked short term: higher flat prices (false sense of wealth), free food, sheltered bus-stop.
These fools cant think for themselves; the rich do not take mrt/bus. The rich can migrate easily.

Prepare for another 1.5 million FT/New citizens!!!