• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What the fuck is this Dependant Pass about?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am in Singapore to work, and am under E Pass. My wife and kid are allowed to stay with me in Singapore and they come under Dependant's Pass. The way it works, it looks like it is meant for family union. If you mean for the MIWs to fine tune it so that my family doesn't need them, go for it, it is a hassle for them to remember to bring their Passes with them each time we leave Sg for a trip to M'sia. otherwise they will have a hard time re-entering at immigration.

Cheers!

If the depended party is financially strong, why not? At least, they have the spending power.
Raise the income ceiling and maybe include a security deposit for these dependent pass holder. No money don't come. :oIo:

4k is not enough for FT to sustain themselves and family here in peesai. After deducting more than half for rent, they are left with less than 2k for everything else.

That's why the illegal subletting here.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is like an open invitation for a bunch of stray foreign dogs to come invade the country.

U bring in 1 ah neh I.T 'professional' and he brings in 1 wife, 4 kids, grandmother and grandfather. For the contribution of 1 asshole, the country has to tolerate an addition of 7 additional non-contributing assholes.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is like an open invitation for a bunch of stray foreign dogs to come invade the country.

U bring in 1 ah neh I.T 'professional' and he brings in 1 wife, 4 kids, grandmother and grandfather. For the contribution of 1 asshole, the country has to tolerate an addition of 7 additional non-contributing assholes.

But the MIW do not think of it that way...they consume, water, discharge waster, buy food to eat...F#@$^& at night...and so forth, it is 7% income for each of them...that is why they are so happy to 'welcome one, welcome" all"..don't forget they pay indirect taxes too...like Every day rob people if they pass that etc..

It is money..money, MONEY my friend...they won't mind if they bring the entire population of Uttar Pradesh here as dependent all they need is to spend $1...they collect 7% GST for the poor.. ha ha ha ha

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the depended party is financially strong, why not? At least, they have the spending power.
Raise the income ceiling and maybe include a security deposit for these dependent pass holder. No money don't come. :oIo: .

Personally, I don't give a care to the laws the country makes, I am not a citizen anyway and will just live with the laws wherever I live. I came back mainly because my mom is getting old, and if I'm able to find work, that helps. As a family, we live frugally and do not spend on unneccesary extras. My wife doesn't like it in Singapore (can't do gardening), whilst my kid, doesn'st cost much other than foreign school fees, but she doesn't need tuition like all her cousins in Singapore. Me, its just work, and family, so I don't spend much either. Wishing for my boss to open a branch in Ho Chi Minh City, I will gladly relocate again.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's exactly the way it is done here by the policy makers. Just this afternoon, my wife and me were talking about why her step mother from China (her dad remarried a China girl many years ago) wasn't given PR and the conclusion was because of money. Her dad is a retiree, and his wife just happens to be a simple village girl. But they are not viewed as husband and wife by your government despite being officially married at ROM.

Cheers!

But the MIW do not think of it that way...they consume, water, discharge waster, buy food to eat...F#@$^& at night...and so forth, it is 7% income for each of them...that is why they are so happy to 'welcome one, welcome" all"..don't forget they pay indirect taxes too...like Every day rob people if they pass that etc..

It is money..money, MONEY my friend...they won't mind if they bring the entire population of Uttar Pradesh here as dependent all they need is to spend $1...they collect 7% GST for the poor.. ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's exactly the way it is done here by the policy makers. Just this afternoon, my wife and me were talking about why her step mother from China (her dad remarried a China girl many years ago) wasn't given PR and the conclusion was because of money. Her dad is a retiree, and his wife just happens to be a simple village girl. But they are not viewed as husband and wife by your government despite being officially married at ROM.

Cheers!

Your wife father is your father in law or is it now OUTLAW? :biggrin: The old gun, still have ammunition to fire?? has he given up citizenship?? He lives in Sentosa Cove, "volunteers", my government will not only grant his wife citizenship, they will salute him & sing "majuallah SINgaoura".:biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpo...dant-pass/before-you-apply/Pages/default.aspx

"Employment Pass holders, and S Pass holders with a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000 may apply for Dependant’s Passes.."

Also, a few cases do not justify calling the system a failure.

The system is a failure because it attracts low wage foreigners. E pass and S pass holders must have a monthly salary of at least $15,000. And if they want to bring in dependents, the salary goes up $5k per dependent. We don't want cheap labour.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop begging, it's pathetic.

That's the 'future' for millions in sinkapore! Without much money for retirement and a flat that the government will only buy back at a steep discount, begging in the twilight of our lives is essential for survival.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, he's my father-in-law, not an outlaw, his gun can't fire anymore, I doubt it. He's old and sickly and his wife's status at immigration is registered as "caregiver" for her visa into Peesai. He is still a Singaporean, and on the other side, PRC won't issue him a PR too. I guess when one is old, not working, Asian Values no longer hold. It's a matter of time for him, weeks probably, months if he's lucky. I would've put them as "husband and wife" and issue a PR for them to be together, but MOM doesn't see it that way. After he passes off, I doubt if she will be allowed to stay in Singapore.

Cheers!

Your wife father is your father in law or is it now OUTLAW? :biggrin: The old gun, still have ammunition to fire?? has he given up citizenship?? He lives in Sentosa Cove, "volunteers", my government will not only grant his wife citizenship, they will salute him & sing "majuallah SINgaoura".:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4k may be the minimum salary to qualify for a DP but I am sure there are employers out there who will report that salary but pay less. This sort of deal is struck with agent of worker present. Desperate for a job, some FT will take up the job offer. Some do so to enable their kids to study here.

Aiyo even NTUC does that....
Their CUNT supermarkets bring in FTs on E pass minimum qualifying income as 'management trainees'....
But since they are management then make them work as staff and at least 12 hours without need to pay OT pay.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their CUNT supermarkets bring in FTs on E pass minimum qualifying income as 'management trainees'....
But since they are management then make them work as staff and at least 12 hours without need to pay OT pay.

What matters is whether their fixed salary is really $4k. OT is not considered.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What matters is whether their fixed salary is really $4k. OT is not considered.

My reply is to GD regarding the common sham practice of over reporting of salaries to qualify for E pass.
E pass holders considered professionals so not eligible for OT.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wonder if Sheng Siong also doing the same? They have far too many FT, compared to visible locals, to qualify for these privileges.