• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What should I get for him?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he likes photography I suggest buy the latest Nikon full frame camera and a solid lens to go with it.

You will not want to miss the many precious moments together.

Hi Wunder. Good morning.

I am not a camera person, though I am not sure if he is.

And, why do one need a camera when there is iphone with much easier options for taking a picture. It's like carrying a huge and heavy device for little utility value.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charlie, any ideas for me.

I would really be interested to hear your views. You were very supportive and never doubted me when I first posted in this forum.

Hello Claire,

I am flattered.

I am not sure, but if I may offer my suggestion, and provided he does not have one, buy him a Vitamix machine (blender, juicer, ice crusher, soup maker).
Today, it is on sale at Hudsons Bay Company in Toronto, Cdn $550 compared to the regular price of $750.
I have one from about 8 to 10 years ago.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Claire,

I am flattered.

I am not sure, but if I may offer my suggestion, and provided he does have one, buy him a Vitamix machine (blender, juicer, ice crusher, soup maker).
Today, it is on sale at Hudsons Bay Company in Toronto, Cdn $550 compared to the regular price of $750.
I have one from about 8 to 10 years ago.

Cheers.

Good morning Charlie.. err.. rather Good evening.

From your lead, I just did a google image on Vitamax. Functionally good. My only concern is its bulky like those machines I see behind Starbucks counter to make ice frappe.

Please be flattered as well. You are a cool guy :smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning Charlie.. err.. rather Good evening.

From your lead, I just did a google image on Vitamax. Functionally good. My only concern is its bulky like those machines I see behind Starbucks counter to make ice frappe.

Please be flattered as well. You are a cool guy :smile:

I edited my post, "not" was added.
The commercial version of the Vitamix machine is used by Dairy Queen and several beverage entities.
It may be bulky, but multi purpose, although expensive.

Is he an art person, or sculpture person?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Wunder. Good morning.

I am not a camera person, though I am not sure if he is.

And, why do one need a camera when there is iphone with much easier options for taking a picture. It's like carrying a huge and heavy device for little utility value.

Well Claire not entirely true. Iphone cannot do a lot of things that a full frame DLSR camera can do. The subtle effect of fading of the background, special light effects on traffic and flowing silken effect of a moving river. You can't achieve the kind of beauty with a iphone.

DLSR is a bit bulky, but it is worth it if you are planning for special holiday moments together.

Sample shot of Nikon D750

Nikon-D750-Sample-Image-36.jpg

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DLSR is a bit bulky, but it is worth it if you are planning for special holiday moments together.

Only if he's a camera person. I'd never bring a DSLR on a holiday, too heavy and bulky; at most a good mirrorless compact. Right now, I'm happy with my Fuji X10 when I go on trips. And I'm a photography buff (okay, used to be).

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only if he's a camera person. I'd never bring a DSLR on a holiday, too heavy and bulky; at most a good mirrorless compact. Right now, I'm happy with my Fuji X10 when I go on trips. And I'm a photography buff (okay, used to be).

agree, somehow I got better quality pics from Olympus Pen than those big chunky Nikon

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I edited my post, "not" was added.
The commercial version of the Vitamix machine is used by Dairy Queen and several beverage entities.
It may be bulky, but multi purpose, although expensive.

Is he an art person, or sculpture person?

Charlie, I doubt. Strangely, I think he is a "ah beng". I am still wondering why I am with an "ah beng" when I am alone in deep thoughts. He smokes too and I do not dislike smokers but prefer not to be around them.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charlie, I doubt. Strangely, I think he is a "ah beng". I am still wondering why I am with an "ah beng" when I am alone in deep thoughts. He smokes too and I do not dislike smokers but prefer not to be around them.
..... an "ah being"

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If he is a smoker, I would urge you to consider to leave now before it becomes too painful.

I recall that I like a lady about 2 years my senior, when I was in first year, and she was in third year law school.
She was very smart, sharp, "cultured", and always dressed like a professional (then as a university student, dresses and shoes rather than more casual clothes like many other students), she was a smoker.
Although she and I did not even come close to where you and new friend are at this stage, somehow, smoking can be very difficult for me to get used to or close to.

It is 0525 in Toronto, but I believe that I am writing logically, and without any conflict of interest.

Consider my suggestion, and good luck.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how about a tablet computer with a docking keyboard (e.g. surface pro)? lighter than a laptop, more powerful than his I6.

Porter

If he was a health conscious person than i will recommend juicer for him .Omega juicer is the best juicer.