• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What should I do if I found my Daughter working in Geylang?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot more different kind of jobs in Geylang other than Prostitution. Further more, if I am right, Singaporeans are not allow to work as a Pros openly. Working in Geylang thus means other jobs, like waitress, retail staff, cook, chap chai peng, etc.

Visiting Geylang is also more than just looking for Pros, you can do a guided tour for your guest from over sea, have lunch, dinner, go there to learn martial arts (there are a lot of martial arts school there), religious practise, etc.

veritastruth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kill her? Here's the possible scenario....She's just caught you visiting a whore!:eek: Shouldn't she be killing you! She's just trying to pay the bills that you haven't taken care of because you've blown all the household expenses money at the new IR!

Funny .......

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...when I went there to eat Ipoh Hor Fun....:confused:

You should be happy because she is trying to help supplement income for the family and you need not have to work so hard. Singaporeans life are tough, so don't despise people who are trying to survive in this hard hearted country.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore girls moonlighting isn't new. In the eighties and nineties, girls in early twenties work in Japanese style clubs as hostesses. Many would sleep with their clients as the money is good. They are not doing now probably because the market prices has crashed and most of them turn to become to become mamasans.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would ask her why because i would have done my best for the children, i may fail in my attempts but i will always try for them. We brought them into the world, we should not only educate but teach them how to live and the good values in life.

Not just being number 1 in this assignment or that class but what it means. The world is too steeped into instant gratification, we want it and we want it now.

I will teach my children:

1. You don't need a condo or a big house to be happy, no matter how big or grand or how many rooms, you only sleep in 1 bed at a time.

2. You don't need a fancy car to feel the wind in your hair, no matter what car you drive, you can only have your rump on one car seat.

3. You don't need a gucci, prada or coach bag to have self esteem (assuming daughter)
If son, bang head on the wall, rinse and repeat until he wakes up his idea.

4. No amount of garish or noble titles can save one's life once your time is up

5. Your tombstone will only say your name, your date of death and your spouse/children/grandchildren names at most. It does not contain a title nor does it states your PHD. Not that anyone would care even if they do see it. The exhumation workers wouldn't care either as they spit into your tomb after 15 years.

6. If you fail, try again, if you fail again, try harder. If all else fails, feel free to go fishing, daddy will go with you. Will always be there for you until my eyelids are closed forever.

7. There is no such thing as if you fail in the academic system, you are doomed for life and have to be a road sweeper. Forget what the teachers said, if according to my Secondary School teacher, Miss Chow,i would be a 500 dollar banglah road sweeper.

8. You don't need to be number one, you don't need extra lessons. You are always number one in dadd's eyes. You don't need to prove anything to me, just from the start of your birth, i am always proud of you, always.

9. Care for others feelings as if you were the person. Be grateful for life's graciousness and be compassionate to others. Live honourably and do your deeds with pride, our lives are not forever, all shall come to an end, both rich or poor.

10.Be happy and once in a while, remember me and your mum with a smile when we depart from the world. A part of us will always live on in you for we will accompany you every step of the way. That is our promise.

Having done all these and doing my best, if she is still there working as a FL/Pro, i shall have to do the honourable thing to preserve her honour and do my duty as a dad.

I shall have her and my wife leave first and i will very soon follow.

Added this last part:

I have a lot of faults and went through a lot of mistakes in my life but one thing though that i have never done (so far) is to use the services of any, ahem working ladies so if i really see her there, likelihood its the makan places.

This is the most touching, sincere post that i have read for a long time, in fact i think this is the best ever.

well done

clap clap clap clap clap

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256, I'm very impressed with your post, wonder how long you've thought about this before you pen it all down? Good job! never expected to see such a 'deep' post in this forum.

Kudos to you.

And to Sam Leong's original post - what goes around comes around.

marcus28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would ask her why because i would have done my best for the children, i may fail in my attempts but i will always try for them. We brought them into the world, we should not only educate but teach them how to live and the good values in life.

Not just being number 1 in this assignment or that class but what it means. The world is too steeped into instant gratification, we want it and we want it now.

I will teach my children:

1. You don't need a condo or a big house to be happy, no matter how big or grand or how many rooms, you only sleep in 1 bed at a time.

2. You don't need a fancy car to feel the wind in your hair, no matter what car you drive, you can only have your rump on one car seat.

3. You don't need a gucci, prada or coach bag to have self esteem (assuming daughter)
If son, bang head on the wall, rinse and repeat until he wakes up his idea.

4. No amount of garish or noble titles can save one's life once your time is up

5. Your tombstone will only say your name, your date of death and your spouse/children/grandchildren names at most. It does not contain a title nor does it states your PHD. Not that anyone would care even if they do see it. The exhumation workers wouldn't care either as they spit into your tomb after 15 years.

6. If you fail, try again, if you fail again, try harder. If all else fails, feel free to go fishing, daddy will go with you. Will always be there for you until my eyelids are closed forever.

7. There is no such thing as if you fail in the academic system, you are doomed for life and have to be a road sweeper. Forget what the teachers said, if according to my Secondary School teacher, Miss Chow,i would be a 500 dollar banglah road sweeper.

8. You don't need to be number one, you don't need extra lessons. You are always number one in dadd's eyes. You don't need to prove anything to me, just from the start of your birth, i am always proud of you, always.

9. Care for others feelings as if you were the person. Be grateful for life's graciousness and be compassionate to others. Live honourably and do your deeds with pride, our lives are not forever, all shall come to an end, both rich or poor.

10.Be happy and once in a while, remember me and your mum with a smile when we depart from the world. A part of us will always live on in you for we will accompany you every step of the way. That is our promise.

Having done all these and doing my best, if she is still there working as a FL/Pro, i shall have to do the honourable thing to preserve her honour and do my duty as a dad.

I shall have her and my wife leave first and i will very soon follow.

Added this last part:

I have a lot of faults and went through a lot of mistakes in my life but one thing though that i have never done (so far) is to use the services of any, ahem working ladies so if i really see her there, likelihood its the makan places.

I am copying this for reference..Thanks..My first post on sammy forum..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is the most touching, sincere post that i have read for a long time, in fact i think this is the best ever.

well done

clap clap clap clap clap

Thanks a lot for your kind comments, i was inspired to write this from the experiences and hard knocks i went through in life.

It brought tears to my eyes as i wrote some of it as its really the way i feel. I love my children, i only want them to be happy. I don't want them to be "gifted" but empty and hollow inside.

Life is much more than just school and work.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wuqi256, I'm very impressed with your post, wonder how long you've thought about this before you pen it all down? Good job! never expected to see such a 'deep' post in this forum.

Kudos to you.

And to Sam Leong's original post - what goes around comes around.

Thank you, i didn't realised people do read my posts,its just some stuff i wanted to share. I may fail but i will try hard as a father, i know its cliche to say, children are not only our future, children ARE our future. We gave forth life to them, the least we can do is to teach them right.