• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What PAP don't want you to know : Singapore named the world's most expensive city

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Singapore is not expensive if u don't drive, don't live in high end HDBs, don't dine in restaurants, don't get sick...etc. Oops! did I mention swiss standard of living??? Well if u live like a 3rd world citizen in the most expensive city in the world, u can still survive!!

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
We've beaten Tokyo for some time, especially with the weakening Yen. When I was there last year, every meal was cheaper than in a comparable restaurant in Singapore. Even a cup of coffee at a local Starbucks-equivalent café is only $3.50 to $4.00 compared to $5 to $6 here. A bowl of ramen at a fine ramen shop comes to about $8; a bento meal at a hotel restaurant about $15.

My neighbourhood kopitiam gonna up price again tomorrow, lai ah lai, lim kopi only $2 per cup.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....quite surprise at the findings.....especially for oslo....taxis very very expensive, food also expensive, even bottled mineral water and soft drinks in convenience stores are expensive....
in singapore, u see many young malay families with children in tow and homes with big sofa and large LED TVs....costs of living very high meh????

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....quite surprise at the findings.....especially for oslo....taxis very very expensive, food also expensive, even bottled mineral water and soft drinks in convenience stores are expensive....
in singapore, u see many young malay families with children in tow and homes with big sofa and large LED TVs....costs of living very high meh????

Anyone can buy lots of shit with instalments and credit loans.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can buy lots of shit with instalments and credit loans.
hahaha...agree, definitely with installments but u still have to service them.......and feed the family.
u can't do that if the costs of living is the highest in the world.......although it is based on expats costs of living..

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Singapore is not expensive if u don't drive, don't live in high end HDBs, don't dine in restaurants, don't get sick...etc. Oops! did I mention swiss standard of living??? Well if u live like a 3rd world citizen in the most expensive city in the world, u can still survive!!

Singapore was not the most expensive place to live in but is increasingly more and more expensive in recent years. No matter how rich you are, you must have noticed the prices of things steadily rising in recent years, and with stagnant wages not rising in tandem.

Singapore is now a rich man's playground. Pinky is only concerned with chasing more billionaires.

RWSSL0TS

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Magnum impulse stick ice cream cost SGD3.90 in sgp.
The same cost RM3.90.

Either Sgp is most expensive or the company selling the ice cream is profiteering from its monopoly of the ice cream market in SGP...
That is because Unilever has MONOPOLY of all petrol stations ice cream cabinets... and most of 7 eleven too.
That is why ice cream is so costly for Sinkies...if you are not an upper middle class family...NO ICECREAM FOR U! hahaha :biggrin:

LightYears

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...agree, definitely with installments but u still have to service them.......and feed the family.
u can't do that if the costs of living is the highest in the world.......although it is based on expats costs of living..

Ah gugu.. long time no see..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The question uppermost in my mind, how long can this last? How about the younger generation, will they leave if this island becomes too expensive to live in?

Leave to go where? Malaysia? Indonesia? You want to go to these places? Work in Japan? Good luck getting a work permit, and cost of living is just as high? Go to China and India? Please, they have millions of cheap educated workers there. Good luck to them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Hahaha, dumbshit, why don't you befriend some of these Malay families and find out how they do it? They have a big sofa because one or more of the kids have to sleep on it at night. The TV is their cheapest and sometimes only form of entertainment as they cannot afford to pay for movies at cinemas. You see their kids in tow at the mall, right? That is their other form of a free outing. Many of them go to the mosque to get free food for their kids, as a means to making ends meet. Just because they have big sofas and LED TV, that means the "costs of living high meh????". Only a fucktard thinks like that. You zero in on one demographic group, point to them and say they have large TV and Large sofa, therefore, the cost of living can't be that high in Singapore. Hey wake up, stupid. IT IS HIGH IN SINGAPORE. If you don't know any malay families with several kids, don't come here and talk cock. U fucking moron.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My neighbourhood kopitiam gonna up price again tomorrow, lai ah lai, lim kopi only $2 per cup.

Don't say that lah. The bloody cup is so small, I need 3 of them to get going in the morning. Even at once upon a time 70 cents a cup, I oready spend too much.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, dumbshit, why don't you befriend some of these Malay families and find out how they do it? .
hahaha......how do u know i have no malay friends???????
besides rantings and talking like my 3 year old grandson.......you are just another foul mouth empty vessel......
of course the cost of living in singapore is high....but we are comparing with cities like oslo, paris etc....
you are really my new idol......lol.

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
besides rantings and talking like my 3 year old grandson.......you are just another foul mouth empty vessel......

absolutely spot on!!! yes, papsmearer is just another foul mouth empty vessel....just like his clone I H P!!! whose mouth is filled
with cowdung.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am not foul mouth what, you miserable cock sucking piece of turd.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Just a small mozzie zaps. Limpeh anytime activate chon gang, up in no time. Btw, vulgarity is specially reaerved for pappies mother fucker.