• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What PAP don't want you to know : Singapore named the world's most expensive city

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_73325042_singaporeskyline2013.jpg

Singapore has topped 131 cities globally to become the world's most expensive city to live in 2014, according to the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU).

The city's strong currency combined with the high cost of running a car and soaring utility bills contributed to Singapore topping the list.

It is also the most expensive place in the world to buy clothes.

Singapore replaces Tokyo, which topped the list in 2013.

Other cities making up the top five most expensive cities to live in are Paris, Oslo, Zurich and Sydney, with Tokyo falling to sixth place.

The EIU's Worldwide Cost of Living Survey is a relocation tool that uses New York city as a base. It looks at more than 400 individual prices.

Top 5 most expensive cities

Singapore, Singapore
Paris, France
Oslo, Norway
Zurich, Switzerland
Sydney, Australia

The top 10 cities this year have been dominated by Asian and Australasian cities as well as some in Europe.

"Improving sentiment in structurally expensive European cities combined with the continued rise of Asian hubs means that these two regions continue to supply most of the world's most expensive cities," said the editor of the report, Jon Copestake.

"But Asian cities also continue to make up many of the world's cheapest, especially in the Indian subcontinent."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26412821

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The question uppermost in my mind, how long can this last? How about the younger generation, will they leave if this island becomes too expensive to live in?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations to PAP for exceeding the goal of making Singapore the Swiss standard of living expenses.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The question uppermost in my mind, how long can this last? How about the younger generation, will they leave if this island becomes too expensive to live in?

doubt that matters to the highest earners in thiscountry. can just import more whores, literal and not literal

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
doubt that matters to the highest earners in thiscountry. can just import more whores, literal and not literal

wendy, spot on, and i can't help it but have this to say...with more sinkie women like you, sinkie men have little to no choice but to import more whores. :*:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally we defeat tokyo. that means i am saving money if i go to tokyo for shopping.

We've beaten Tokyo for some time, especially with the weakening Yen. When I was there last year, every meal was cheaper than in a comparable restaurant in Singapore. Even a cup of coffee at a local Starbucks-equivalent café is only $3.50 to $4.00 compared to $5 to $6 here. A bowl of ramen at a fine ramen shop comes to about $8; a bento meal at a hotel restaurant about $15.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gosh, this is a really serious case. I was just wondering about my nephew, just recently completed his O levels. At his age, he should be thinking about the opposite sex, dating, and going out with girls, but I wonder how far can he stretch fifty-bucks on a date out nowadays (if he can get that money)? I wonder what the dating scene is like for young teens who've not hit the job market yet, it must be tough.

Cheers!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gosh, this is a really serious case. I was just wondering about my nephew, just recently completed his O levels. At his age, he should be thinking about the opposite sex, dating, and going out with girls, but I wonder how far can he stretch fifty-bucks on a date out nowadays (if he can get that money)? I wonder what the dating scene is like for young teens who've not hit the job market yet, it must be tough.

Cheers!

$50 can only use (mum and 5 daughters) to get some short term relief. No dating unless the girl is willing to go Dutch or he risk his ego being trash by some materialistic gal .

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
$50 can only use (mum and 5 daughters) to get some short term relief. No dating unless the girl is willing to go Dutch or he risk his ego being trash by some materialistic gal .

if want to meet girl at her place and take taxi to the venue, then $50 is just for the to and fro transport cost.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations to PAP for exceeding the goal of making Singapore the Swiss standard of living expenses.

Whats new,???

we have the world most expensive Prime minister

we have the world highest cost to buy a car.

And recently the Sinful Budget 2014 makes our beer one of the most expensive in the world.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
images

MM Lee already told you in 2007 that sinkapore in a golden period.

Gold price increase... of course sinkapore price will increase lah

Last edited:

MajullahSingapura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Magnum impulse stick ice cream cost SGD3.90 in sgp.
The same cost RM3.90.

Either Sgp is most expensive or the company selling the ice cream is profiteering from its monopoly of the ice cream market in SGP...

Last edited:

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being the most expensive city to the locals or to expats are 2 different things unless both groups have identical or similar lifestyles and spending patterns.