• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What is wrong to be a virgin?

Engeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/pagesix....nne-orji-is-proud-of-her-virginity-at-33/amp/
  • PAGE SIX

‘Insecure’ star proud to be a 33-year-old virgin
    By Derrick Bryson Taylor

August 23, 2017 | 1:50pm

gettyimages-815304678.jpg

Yvonne OrjiGetty Images for HBO
    Despite her character Molly having tons of sex on HBO’s “Insecure,” 33-year-old Yvonne Orji is saving herself for marriage.

“I wasn’t going to hide it just because I’m on TV,” the Nigerian-born star told People. “I’m grounded in who I am.”

Orji is so proud of her decision to wait, she’s created a clothing line to promote abstinence. “I have a clothing company called Rock Your Stance, and we sell shirts that say ‘Keeping it locked till I get that rock.’”

“Entertainment chose me,” she added. “Before any of this happened, I sat down with myself and with God. I said, ‘I know why I’m here. It’s to make you proud.’”

Deciding to be an actress wasn’t easy. Her parents were fully expecting her to become a doctor.

“It sounded noble,” she said. “But then I took organic chemistry and I was like, ‘Well, maybe not.’ I ended up getting my master’s degree in public health and then working in war-torn Liberia to stall from crushing my parents’ hopes and dreams.”

Things shifted for Orji when she summoned the courage to tell her family that being a physician wasn’t her dream.

“’It would take me eight years to become a doctor, but give me eight years to make it in entertainment,’” she recalled telling her family. “And I’m happy to say, I did it in seven!”

Engeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bwahahahahahahaa... why do people like to make a big deal out of this?

Proud to be a virgin cannot but proud to be criminals can? Covert manipulative jiuhukia is like that.

Anyway she better proclaimed herself a virgin before low class jiuhukia slandered another virgin a slut.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole concept of virginity has always been framed around religion, culture and the expectation of the community.

The fact that she has to talk about it shows that the hold is still there. Nobody has the right to know if you are virgin or not. Thats your personal business. The World is not going to miss a beat if you are a virgin or not.

Engeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole concept of virginity has always been framed around religion, culture and the expectation of the community.

The fact that she has to talk about it shows that the hold is still there. Nobody has the right to know if you are virgin or not. Thats your personal business. The World is not going to miss a beat if you are a virgin or not.

What makes you think that she has to talk about it and not that it's her choice to talk about what she is proud of?

And it's not true the world is not going to miss a beat if you are virgin or not as there was a commotion on what she said according to this article. Actions speak louder than words.

The Real Reason Yvonne Orji’s Decision to Remain a Virgin Is Causing a Commotion
MARY WANG
August 25, 2017 6:32 PM
00-lede-yvonne-orji.jpg

Photo: Shutterstock
During a time in which our eloquence and openness around sexuality has steadily increased, it now seems more noteworthy when someone is choosing to abstain from sex. This was the case when 33-year-old Insecure star and comedian Yvonne Orjispoke about her choice in an interview with People magazine, published yesterday. Orji, who plays Issa’s best friend, Molly, on HBO’s hit show, explained her decision to remain a virgin until marriage: “Before any of [the fame] happened, I sat down with myself and with God and thought, When I make it, how do you want me to represent you while I’m here?” Later in the interview, she answered her own question: “It was like, Okay, I know why I’m here. It’s to make you proud.”

Judging by the reaction on Twitter, some seemed to have difficulty understanding—or accepting—Orji’s decision. One user, for example, commented, “Being a virgin at 33 not because you’re asexual, or have an issue attracting partners, but because of religion is sad. Not sorry.”

There’s also been a wave of positive notes on the other side. One user remarked on the notable tendency society has, currently, to be more outraged at modesty than at nudity.

While there’s been a recent uptick among the stars in becoming “born-again virgins” (Miranda Kerr, who has a son, waited until she married her second husband, Evan Spiegel), the last time virginity caused such a public debate was in Disney Channelheydays, when the Jonas Brothers, and famously, Britney Spears, declared their “purity.” But beyond the fact that true liberation means the acceptance of anychoice, whether it's to engage in sexual activity or not, the way Orji’s decision is stirring the pot seems to point to deeper social currents beyond the actress herself.

A hint of a similar issue can be picked up in another recent debate on sexuality that arose around Insecure. Just a few weeks ago, creator Issa Rae [promised]on Twitterto make condom use more apparent on the show, following criticism from fans and critics that the show portrayed its characters having abundant casual--and unsafe--sex. This seems an odd critique, keeping in mind that most popular shows on television have not featured their characters opening a wrapper on camera. The fact that series like Game of Thronesand House of Cards have not received similar requests begs the question whether Insecure’s black and female cast is being judged more harshly, or why black female sexuality remains a point of contention, whether it's for having too much sex or none at all.

Speaking of female-led shows, the outpour of criticism that surrounded Girls shows that it is still more difficult for a woman to disassociate her work from her private life. Together with her fellow actresses, creator Lena Dunham was often criticized for the narcissistic, “unlikeable” behavior of the show’s fictional characters (even though the satirical sting was exactly the point). Orji plays Molly on Insecure, a happily sexually active lawyer—a character who might be perceived as too sharp of a contrast with Orji's personal religious choices.

In the end, what is clear is that Orji’s decision says more about the mores of our society than that of herself. While I’d like to believe that the increased woke-ness around different forms of sexuality has made us more open to a whole range of different choices, the commotion around Orji points to the other way. In an era where we are coming to better understand being gay, being queer, and all that’s in between, it might be time to assess why not having sex is making some so uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Engeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong to be a virgin, as long as you don't keep harping about it.

What is wrong to repeat the truth when covert and overt manipulative jiuhukia have been repeating the lies and calling a virgin a slut whore mistress?