• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the technical term for bathroom tray ?

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The answer is.....
In English there are 3 words ending with 'gry'
hungry, angry...the 3rd word is your answer.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just want to recall that word. It's a special term for such an item.

It's not called vanity tray or basket. It's ONE word.

Can be Toiletries / Amenities Tray or Basket:confused:
OT abit, the PVC/leather-bound writing pad containing stationary, located on the writing desk (usually in front of the room mirror) is called a Compendium.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The answer is.....
In English there are 3 words ending with 'gry'
hungry, angry...the 3rd word is your answer.
Think of the question as if it were written like this:
There are three common words in: "The English Language."
What is the third word?
Well, now they're asking "what is the third word in the phrase 'The English Language.'" And, of course, it's "language!"

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can be Toiletries / Amenities Tray or Basket:confused:
OT abit, the PVC/leather-bound writing pad containing stationary, located on the writing desk (usually in front of the room mirror) is called a Compendium.

No. It's ONE word....not this tray or that tray, or this basket or that basket. The word itself gives no hint whatsoever that it has anything to do with its function. Maybe people in the hospitality industry would know. It was the first time I came across that word.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a caddy. After the golf countepart.

020395-660_0_1.jpg

0098527_PE239697_S2.JPG

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a caddy. After the golf countepart.

020395-660_0_1.jpg

0098527_PE239697_S2.JPG

I did check the reverse dictionary where I gave the input for the meaning and it churned out a list of related words. 'Caddy' was one of them, but I'm pretty sure it's not caddy. It was a word I never came across in my entire life, and I was wondering at that point of time why a Chinese hotel used such an obscure word for describe a simple item.

The reason why I'm asking is because I have been commissioned by a local farmstay hotel to custom design a similar item, and I was hoping that a correct word search would throw up more resources from the WWW.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. It's ONE word....not this tray or that tray, or this basket or that basket. The word itself gives no hint whatsoever that it has anything to do with its function. Maybe people in the hospitality industry would know. It was the first time I came across that word.

Can you confirm:

1. The word you saw sounds English and not Italian or French
2. You said it is one word, how many letters?
3. Cab you recall the last end letters, are they "rie" or "que" or something else?

I think with a few clues we might be able to get an answer.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
otel in china? ...

lidat, most likely ... wong word used or wong speling ... :o

Forvendet had raised a similar suspicion. But I have already clarified that I did a check with the English dictionary. When I saw the list items including TV, slippers etc. then a strange word popped up and I was wondering what did I miss. I immediately went online and checked for the meaning of the word.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you confirm:

1. The word you saw sounds English and not Italian or French
2. You said it is one word, how many letters?
3. Cab you recall the last end letters, are they "rie" or "que" or something else?

I think with a few clues we might be able to get an answer.

1. It's definitely English because I did a check using English dictionary without which I wouldn't have known the meaning.

I'm not able to recall 2 and 3, I'm afraid.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can trust English translation in China? That is why the word was obscure, I mean like Cow Car water for Chinatown.