• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the diff between a warning and stern warning from police?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GD, the CDI is an appointment, so the rank would be a Senior Staff Sergeant or Staff Sergeant, not a Commissioned Officer's rank, I stand to be corrected. Something similar to the SAF, the Unit Drill Instructor (UDI) is an appointment with a Staff Sergeant rank. Don't know what is the equivalent rank for today's Sergeants in the SAF. Thanks bro GD, anyway.

The only CDI I know is one Koh Beng Geok. He held the rank of Insp. Pensioned about 8 yrs ago and joined the Prisons Dept Trg Sch. If don't know him, seepay kuai lan. But deep down, a terribly nice man. Feel sorry for this man. Wife committed suicide after his pension. Think she was down with cancer. If not sala, CDI machiam RSM in the SAF.

Yes, you are right bro. CDI is an appt. Not rank.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it had to do with an MHA commissioned study involving Prof Lee Soo Ann of NUS. A number of ranks were removed such as lance cpl, . I believe he want to tie rank to function rather than promotion with no additional function.

Bro GD, can I ask you a question, in the 1960s till mid 1970s there was a Chief Inspector rank, (three pips) why did the SP remove it?

The British and HK Police (before 1997) had the Chief Inspector rank too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it had to do with an MHA commissioned study involving Prof Lee Soo Ann of NUS. A number of ranks were removed such as lance cpl, . I believe he want to tie rank to function rather than promotion with no additional function.

Yes. Thanks for jolting my memory. Lee Soo Ann was instrumental behind the many changes. Late 80s if I recall rightly.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bros GD and Scroobal for your inputs.

No problem, bro.

I believe after the LSA report, the MHA and SPF engaged some Ang Mos to 'overhaul' the SPF in the mid or late 90s. Somehow, must have some Ang Mos to endorse changes. Imo, the best chaps to embark on such a project would be the policemen. They know the problem better than these foreigners. Best of all, these Ang Mos were never fed with 'real' information and statistics. All wayang.