• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what is optimal age to die and don't have to go through aging sucks process?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
50?
55?
60?
above 60 like not worth living anymore as quality of life starts decreasing. like i c many kopitiam uncles sit there la kopi staring blankly into the air like reminiscing the good old times that cannot be reversed, regretting that they should have done this and not that and got sad disconsolate look in their faces wondering when their time is up....

does aging suck so much?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're rich, you would want to live till a ripe old age. If you're poor and destitute, you'll want to die faster to end the misery.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
If you're rich, you would want to live till a ripe old age. If you're poor and destitute, you'll want to die faster to end the misery.
even if rich body will still deteriorate after 50. teeth will start decaying and drop. fitness will start to decline and the brain slowly start to malfunction ...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, when you have lots of resources. A lot of girls will be coming to look for you at this age.
Most importantly you still have healthy appetite for more sex.

That's the life worth living.

Knn. Uncle staring blankly in the abyss losing themselves in the process.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sybil-Lau-Facts-2-1200x900.jpg

This old fart wants to live as long as possible.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
50?
55?
60?
above 60 like not worth living anymore as quality of life starts decreasing. like i c many kopitiam uncles sit there la kopi staring blankly into the air like reminiscing the good old times that cannot be reversed, regretting that they should have done this and not that and got sad disconsolate look in their faces wondering when their time is up....

does aging suck so much?

I'm well past 60 and life is still great thanks to my healthy lifestyle plus choice of PMD as a primary mode of transport when I'm not cycling. Iwouldn't mind kicking the bucket at 70 as 3 score and 10 is what God intended so I have a few more years of fun in store.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/three-score-and-ten.html

phrases.org.uk

'Three score and ten' - the meaning and origin of this phrase​

Gary Martin

~2 minutes

Three score and ten​

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Three score and ten'?​

'Three score and ten' is the nominal span of a human life. In the days that this expression was coined that span was considered to be seventy years.

What's the origin of the phrase 'Three score and ten'?​

Three score and ten

Threescore used to be used for sixty, in the way that we still use a dozen for twelve, and (occasionally) score for twenty.
The use of threescore as a name for sixty has long since died out but is still remembered in this phrase. Threescore goes back to at least 1388, as in this from John Wyclif's Bible, Leviticus 12, at that date:
"Thre scoor and sixe daies."
There are numerous uses of 'threescore' in the Bible. Most of them refer to its simple meaning as the number sixty, for example:
"...threescore and ten bullocks, an hundred rams, and two hundred lambs: all these were for a burnt offering to the Lord."
There is a use of it that refers to the span of our lives, in Psalms 90:
The days of our years are threescore years and ten;
and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labor and sorrow;
for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
As with many other Biblical phrases, this was picked up by Shakespeare. In Macbeth, 1605, we have:
Threescore and ten I can remember well:
Within the volume of which time I have seen
Hours dreadful and things strange; but this sore night
Hath trifled former knowings.
It's an odd fact that, although Shakespeare took numerous phrases and examples of imagery from the Bible, the word Bible doesn't appear in any of his plays.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
I'm well past 60 and life is still great thanks to my healthy lifestyle plus choice of PMD as a primary mode of transport when I'm not cycling. Iwouldn't mind kicking the bucket at 70 as 3 score and 10 is what God intended so I have a few more years of fun in store.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/three-score-and-ten.html

phrases.org.uk

'Three score and ten' - the meaning and origin of this phrase​

Gary Martin

~2 minutes

Three score and ten​

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Three score and ten'?​

'Three score and ten' is the nominal span of a human life. In the days that this expression was coined that span was considered to be seventy years.

What's the origin of the phrase 'Three score and ten'?​

Three score and ten

Threescore used to be used for sixty, in the way that we still use a dozen for twelve, and (occasionally) score for twenty.
The use of threescore as a name for sixty has long since died out but is still remembered in this phrase. Threescore goes back to at least 1388, as in this from John Wyclif's Bible, Leviticus 12, at that date:

There are numerous uses of 'threescore' in the Bible. Most of them refer to its simple meaning as the number sixty, for example:

There is a use of it that refers to the span of our lives, in Psalms 90:

As with many other Biblical phrases, this was picked up by Shakespeare. In Macbeth, 1605, we have:

It's an odd fact that, although Shakespeare took numerous phrases and examples of imagery from the Bible, the word Bible doesn't appear in any of his plays.
wow... i am.so proud that the forum i go to, the owner boss is so learned. respect respect...kowtow 2u

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
50?
55?
60?

does aging suck so much?
Those kopitiam uncle should not be sitting there doing nothing. They still got 10-20 years of life still.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Those kopitiam uncle should not be sitting there doing nothing. They still got 10-20 years of life still.
actually I observed that there are 2 types of kopitiam uncles..one type is what i had described earlier. sit there by themselves, staring into air, deep in thoughts.
got another type is in a group always sharing with each other last time this last time that and where got things sell cheaper and then knn or cb here and there...
i think if i don't kill myself by then, i would probably belong to the first group...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
A good time to die is when one is sick and tired of everything. I have been feeling this way for decades, but fucking hell I am still here, knn!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A good time to die is when one is sick and tired of everything. I have been feeling this way for decades, but fucking hell I am still here, knn!

Why are you sick and tired of everything when we are living in the most exciting time in human history and on the cusp of colonising Mars???

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
three-score-and-ten.jpg

ChatGPT good exposition :thumbsup:

The phrase "three score and ten" is a biblical expression that appears in Psalm 90:10 in the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. It goes as follows:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten, and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

In this verse, "threescore" means three times twenty, and "four score" means four times twenty. So, "three score and ten" refers to seventy years, while "fourscore years" means eighty years.

The verse is attributed to Moses and is often interpreted as a reflection on the brevity and fragility of human life. Here's a breakdown of its meaning:

1. **Human Lifespan**:
The verse suggests that the typical lifespan of a human being is about seventy years, with the possibility of reaching eighty years if one is strong and healthy. This was a general observation in the context of biblical times.

2. **Labor and Sorrow**: The verse goes on to describe these years as being characterized by "strength labor and sorrow." This emphasizes that even in a long life, there will be challenges, difficulties, and hardships.

3. **Transience of Life**: The verse concludes by emphasizing the fleeting nature of life, stating that it is "soon cut off, and we fly away." This serves as a reminder that life is temporary and that death is inevitable.

Overall, the biblical meaning of "three score and ten" in Psalm 90:10 is a reflection on the brevity and challenges of human life and serves as a call for reflection on one's mortality and the need to live a meaningful and righteous life while one has the time. It's a reminder to make the most of the years one is given and to seek spiritual understanding and connection with God.

The phrases "three score and ten" and "four score" both have their origins in the Bible,
specifically in the Book of Psalms.
They are used to denote specific periods of time and are symbolic rather than literal.

1. **"Three Score and Ten":** This phrase is a way of expressing the number seventy. In the King James Version of the Bible, specifically in Psalm 90:10, it says: "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." This verse is attributed to Moses, and it speaks about the average lifespan of a person. In this context, "threescore" means sixty and "ten" is, of course, ten, making a total of seventy. This verse suggests that the average human lifespan is about seventy years, but it acknowledges that some people may live to be eighty if they have the strength to do so.

2. **"By Reason of Strength":** The phrase "by reason of strength" is used in Psalm 90:10 to refer to those who have the physical or spiritual strength to live to be eighty years old. It implies that reaching the age of eighty is an exception and not the norm. The verse goes on to say, "yet is their strength labor and sorrow," indicating that even those who live to be eighty will still experience hardships and challenges in life.

In summary, "three score and ten" signifies the biblical idea of a typical human lifespan of seventy years, while "by reason of strength" in the context of "fourscore years" suggests that some individuals may live to be eighty years old if they have the strength and resilience to do so. These phrases are symbolic and are not meant to be taken as precise measures of human life expectancy but rather as reflections on the brevity and challenges of human existence.

Last edited:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
three-score-and-ten.jpg

ChatGPT good exposition :thumbsup:

The phrase "three score and ten" is a biblical expression that appears in Psalm 90:10 in the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. It goes as follows:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten, and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

In this verse, "threescore" means three times twenty, and "four score" means four times twenty. So, "three score and ten" refers to seventy years, while "fourscore years" means eighty years.

The verse is attributed to Moses and is often interpreted as a reflection on the brevity and fragility of human life. Here's a breakdown of its meaning:

1. **Human Lifespan**:
The verse suggests that the typical lifespan of a human being is about seventy years, with the possibility of reaching eighty years if one is strong and healthy. This was a general observation in the context of biblical times.

2. **Labor and Sorrow**: The verse goes on to describe these years as being characterized by "strength labor and sorrow." This emphasizes that even in a long life, there will be challenges, difficulties, and hardships.

3. **Transience of Life**: The verse concludes by emphasizing the fleeting nature of life, stating that it is "soon cut off, and we fly away." This serves as a reminder that life is temporary and that death is inevitable.

Overall, the biblical meaning of "three score and ten" in Psalm 90:10 is a reflection on the brevity and challenges of human life and serves as a call for reflection on one's mortality and the need to live a meaningful and righteous life while one has the time. It's a reminder to make the most of the years one is given and to seek spiritual understanding and connection with God.

The phrases "three score and ten" and "four score" both have their origins in the Bible,
specifically in the Book of Psalms.
They are used to denote specific periods of time and are symbolic rather than literal.

1. **"Three Score and Ten":** This phrase is a way of expressing the number seventy. In the King James Version of the Bible, specifically in Psalm 90:10, it says: "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." This verse is attributed to Moses, and it speaks about the average lifespan of a person. In this context, "threescore" means sixty and "ten" is, of course, ten, making a total of seventy. This verse suggests that the average human lifespan is about seventy years, but it acknowledges that some people may live to be eighty if they have the strength to do so.

2. **"By Reason of Strength":** The phrase "by reason of strength" is used in Psalm 90:10 to refer to those who have the physical or spiritual strength to live to be eighty years old. It implies that reaching the age of eighty is an exception and not the norm. The verse goes on to say, "yet is their strength labor and sorrow," indicating that even those who live to be eighty will still experience hardships and challenges in life.

In summary, "three score and ten" signifies the biblical idea of a typical human lifespan of seventy years, while "by reason of strength" in the context of "fourscore years" suggests that some individuals may live to be eighty years old if they have the strength and resilience to do so. These phrases are symbolic and are not meant to be taken as precise measures of human life expectancy but rather as reflections on the brevity and challenges of human existence.
Screenshot-2023-08-09-at-1.53.12-PM-696x385.png

this guy already 3 scores and 10 plus 1. still alive and happily earning millions doing talk cock sing song job

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
50?
55?
60?

does aging suck so much?

The Bible however does provide general guidance for a longer life span
of 3 score and 10" ...

The phrase "three score and ten" is a reference to the Bible, specifically Psalm 90:10 (King James Version):

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

In this verse, "threescore" means 60, so "threescore years and ten" is 70 years. This verse is often cited as a reference to the typical lifespan of a human being, which was considered to be around 70 years at the time this passage was written.

However, the Bible also contains other verses and teachings that suggest the possibility of a longer life span and provide guidance on achieving it.

For example:

1. **Honoring Parents:** In the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:12), it is stated, "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you." Respecting and taking care of one's parents was seen as a way to ensure a long and blessed life.

2. **Following God's Commandments:** Throughout the Bible, there are many references to following God's commandments and living a righteous life as a path to long life and prosperity. Proverbs 3:1-2 says, "My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you."

3. **Taking Care of One's Health:** While not explicitly stated in the Bible, principles of self-care and maintaining one's health are seen as important for a longer life. This can include proper diet, exercise, and avoiding behaviors that harm one's health.

4. **Trusting in God:** Trusting in God and seeking His guidance and protection is a recurring theme in the Bible. Many believe that a strong faith can lead to a longer and more fulfilling life.

It's important to note that these are general principles and beliefs found in the Bible. Individual interpretations and beliefs may vary among different religious traditions and denominations.

Additionally, modern healthcare and lifestyle factors have greatly extended human lifespans beyond what was typical in ancient times.

Last edited: