• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What has Chee Soon Juan done to hurt Singaporeons individually or collectively.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You appear to play up "luck" to downgrade JBJ's historical landmark Anson victory to weakly try and bolster your argument to play down Dr Chee's failure to win the public's mandate. So I guess in your book, JBJ, Chiam See Tong, Low Thia Khiang, Neo Chai Chen and Ling how Doong all had more "luck" then Dr Chee, which I find curious and interesting.

Face reality. PAP has managed the economy exceedingly well and there are very little chance for opposition to make a kill. Without any mistakes from the PAP, it would be hard for JBJ to make a break through. That is what I meant an element of luck is needed, even with tenacity, fighting spirit and perseverance.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam resigned as Secretary General of SDP after he had failed to get his CEC to censure Chee for going for the hunger strike.

And the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme kicked Chiam out of the SDP (and thus out of Parliament). Chiam fought and won the legal battle to reverse the dismissal.

The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme have been losing legal battle after legal battle.

Chiam on the other hand has won battle after battle. He beat PM Goh. He beat the reCHEEme of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. And he even manage to beat the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme where he made being called a PAP member defamatory.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You appear to play up "luck" to downgrade JBJ's historical landmark Anson victory to weakly try and bolster your argument to play down Dr Chee's failure to win the public's mandate. So I guess in your book, JBJ, Chiam See Tong, Low Thia Khiang, Neo Chai Chen and Ling how Doong all had more "luck" then Dr Chee, which I find curious and interesting.

I didn't downgrade JBJ's historical landmark victory, which was hard fought and deservedly won. But the element of luck does play a part in our lives, whether politicians or otherwise. There are too many external forces which we cannot control.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme kicked Chiam out of the SDP (and thus out of Parliament). Chiam fought and won the legal battle to reverse the dismissal.

The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme have been losing legal battle after legal battle.

Chiam on the other hand has won battle after battle. He beat PM Goh. He beat the reCHEEme of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. And he even manage to beat the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his SDP reCHEEme where he made being called a PAP member defamatory.

Chiam as an ordinary member of the SDP found himself fit to viciously attack SDP's leadership despite several attempts of reconciliation with him.

He failed to obey party discipline and acted as though he was above the party rules. SDP CEC had no choice but to sack him.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
So how "effective' has Dr Chee been thus far in real concrete terms apart from his usual skirmisches with PAP, the police, AG's Chambers, judiciary, OA's office and ST?

It does not really matter whether Chee is more a politician or an activist at this point in time, effectiveness is more important.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So how "effective' has Dr Chee been thus far in real concrete terms apart from his usual skirmisches with PAP, the police, AG's Chambers, judiciary, OA's office and ST?

Only two thus far: Speakers and Protest Corner @Hong Lim park.

SDP has created awareness of our own political system and some of the articles on SDP website are quite educational.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam as an ordinary member of the SDP found himself fit to viciously attack SDP's leadership despite several attempts of reconciliation with him.

He failed to obey party discipline and acted as though he was above the party rules. SDP CEC had no choice but to sack him.

Notice how you always purposely pretend he didn't get sacked until it is highlighted to you.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice how you always purposely pretend he didn't get sacked until it is highlighted to you.

It was a long story and has already been posted before in another thread. You have also participated in that thread and there you go again repeating the same old thing without adequately providing the details.

So I wrote more when i needed more details to explain to you again.

saynomorepls

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is their answer...

Defamation suits necessary, Singapore tells rights group

AFP - Saturday, October 18SINGAPORE, Oct 18, 2008 (AFP) - Singapore's government has defended itself against a charge of using defamation suits to stifle dissent, saying they are necessary for protection against unfounded allegations by political opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Human Rights Watch on Friday urged Singapore's leaders to stop using libel suits to silence its critics after an opposition party was ordered to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.

"In Singapore, opposition politicians have the right to criticise the government and government leaders, but that does not entitle them to tell lies or defame," said information ministry spokeswoman K. Bhavani late Friday.

"If they do, the leaders must either sue to clear their names and be prepared to be cross examined in open court, or allow the lies to stand unchallenged and the public to believe that the defamations are true."

A judge this month ordered the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), its bankrupt secretary general Chee Soon Juan and his sister, a party member, to pay 610,000 dollars (413,000 US) for defaming the country's leaders.

Human Rights Watch said using defamation laws against critics "makes a mockery of Singapore's claim to be a model democracy."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20081018/tap-singapore-politics-opposition-rights-06f3cb7.html

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chiam was the founder of SDP, no one can deny that. He fought many battles
in Cairnhill and lost. He never gave up. Opportunity came at Potong Pasir because
of one PAP MP (forgot his name ) who wanted to change the CPF retirement age of 55 to something like 65 and he lost and faded away.
Chiam, a humble man had finally won his war. Those mongrels that he recruited, one by one were eliminated. God have eyes.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a long story and has already been posted before in another thread. You have also participated in that thread and there you go again repeating the same old thing without adequately providing the details.

So I wrote more when i needed more details to explain to you again.

Well, you were replying to other people saying "Chiam didn't get kicked out, he resigned. That is only half a truth. The truth is that the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his bankrupt SDP reCHEEme did kick him out. Justified or not we can agree to disagree but he did get kicked out. So your "Chiam resigned blah blah blah" is misleading.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, you were replying to other people saying "Chiam didn't get kicked out, he resigned. That is only half a truth. The truth is that the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and his bankrupt SDP reCHEEme did kick him out. Justified or not we can agree to disagree but he did get kicked out. So your "Chiam resigned blah blah blah" is misleading.

Sorry I thought it was you because the writing style looks similar.

No one in SDP wanted Chiam to resign as the Secretary General even after his fallout with SDP CEC, which had persuaded Chiam to take back his resignation letter. However, Chiam insisted that he would take back only if the CEC had agreed to censure Chee. The CEC did not accept Chiam's condition and he remained as an ordinary member but continued his vicious attacks against SDP.

Despite SDP CEC many attempts to reconcile with Chiam, the attacks did not stop. Out of no choice, SDP warned Chiam to stop, otherwise discipline actions would be taken against him. Chiam as one of the founders, has no respect for party rules, carried on his ferocious attacks against his own party.

It was under such circumstances that almost all in the CEC voted to have Chiam sacked. Did Chee usurp Chiam's position as the Secretary General of SDP? The answer is a definite 'no'. Did SDP kick Chiam out? Factually yes but no one in SDP at that time wanted to do what they were forced to do, to sack Chiam in order to enforce party rules and discipline.

You wrote as if Chiam was a victim of political power struggle and was kick out of his own party, which was highly misleading.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, you were replying to other people saying "Chiam didn't get kicked out, he resigned. That is only half a truth.

I wrote:

"Chiam resigned as Secretary General of SDP after he had failed to get his CEC to censure Chee for going for the hunger strike."

I didn't say "Chiam didn't get kicked out".

saynomorepls

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I thought it was you because the writing style looks similar.

No one in SDP wanted Chiam to resign as the Secretary General even after his fallout with SDP CEC, which had persuaded Chiam to take back his resignation letter. However, Chiam insisted that he would take back only if the CEC had agreed to censure Chee. The CEC did not accept Chiam's condition and he remained as an ordinary member but continued his vicious attacks against SDP.

Despite SDP CEC many attempts to reconcile with Chiam, the attacks did not stop. Out of no choice, SDP warned Chiam to stop, otherwise discipline actions would be taken against him. Chiam as one of the founders, has no respect for party rules, carried on his ferocious attacks against his own party.

It was under such circumstances that almost all in the CEC voted to have Chiam sacked. Did Chee usurp Chiam's position as the Secretary General of SDP? The answer is a definite 'no'. Did SDP kick Chiam out? Factually yes but no one in SDP at that time wanted to do what they were forced to do, to sack Chiam in order to enforce party rules and discipline.

You wrote as if Chiam was a victim of political power struggle and was kick out of his own party, which was highly misleading.

Wao you seem to know alot...but that is good for everyone to know about the fact. Why Chiam did not speak about it. He must clear his name.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chin

I do not think calling Chiam as mean and petty is very nice. suffice it to say that both did not come out of the affair smelling like a rose and that both suffered politically as a result.

Locke

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ in the first place has not achieved what JBJ, CST and LTK did. A Parliament seat.
Look at the last election and see how SDP performance compared with other oppositions.
Statistics don't lie. Chee is in a state of Chin Kang Kor.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't downgrade JBJ's historical landmark victory, which was hard fought and deservedly won. But the element of luck does play a part in our lives, whether politicians or otherwise. There are too many external forces which we cannot control.

This i have to add in to disagree.

popular support has nothing to do with luck. JBJ must have done something right whereas chee had done something wrong for the result to be what it is.

to even suggest "luck" is to me like u r going for exam, didnt study for it and yet pass it, claiming luck with on ur side as u have "bullshit" ur answer throught. but had one study harder, they wont need "luck" and could rely on just their own quality to pull through.

JBJ didnt depend on luck to win, he won because the populat vote was with him, so does the rest of the winners.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but in the end, he lost it all due to loose words that landed him in troubles. by the time he realised his distraction, ie. taking on the bigger cause instead of on his adversary lau lee, it was time for him to rest eternally.

if only chee could see this repeating in his own present life. it would be a sad thing that maybe 20 or 30 years later, he ends up as JBJ II.:(