• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What has Chee Soon Juan done to hurt Singaporeons individually or collectively.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never judge a warrior by what his enemy has said of him unless you are on the enemy side and are fucked to obey.

We should, all those who had followed the political developments in Singapore over the last twenty years, share with the younger generation what we know, so that they may be made aware of exactly what Dr. Chee's agendas or ill intentions are against the people of Singapore. I think we owe them at least that:confused:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never judge a warrior by what his enemy has said of him unless you are on the enemy side and are fucked to obey.

I am on his side. Period. He epitomises the maxim, "When there's no man around, be that man."

Maybe I should have added, what had he done to deserve what he had been given.

My intention was to provoke the conscience of the people.

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make know mistake, Chee is a 'dangerous' man. That's why we have committed so many resources to 'fix' him. But for all his influence, he doesn't seem to understand his own electorate. Sg'reans do not regard human rights as a top priority. Everyday standard of living and personal gain is always everyone's concern. For that he has failed.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well since political films are allowed, someone should make a film about Chee's case of misusing research funds. We should be entitled to know what is the real truth.

it was becos of chee that political films were actually banned for the last 10 yrs.

chee maybe have shown our gabramen being biased cos every National Day, we get all the credentials of paps' sacrifices and achievements for sgp. that's political, isn't it?

or maybe the gabramen finds that chee's political flims were indeed flawed and serious prejudiced and did grievous disservice to them.

whatever it is, chee thought peasants could be smoked but our paps gabramen is one step ahead of chee. they knew peasants are already smoked!

maybe peasants are really stupid. there could be a hidden message in jack neo's I NO STUPID.

are we really stoopig or what??:p

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make know mistake, Chee is a 'dangerous' man. That's why we have committed so many resources to 'fix' him. But for all his influence, he doesn't seem to understand his own electorate. Sg'reans do not regard human rights as a top priority. Everyday standard of living and personal gain is always everyone's concern. For that he has failed.

You expect Chee to distribute money to you iszit?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any one can raise accountability, but political parties are suppose to form concrete policies, not to blow all insults

Ah but wait. You see, in other countries, its not just the politicians. After all, sometimes you can't trust politicians to keep themselves accountable. And so the system allows political activism and that allows ordinary people to form NGOs and trade unions et al, to keep politicians on their toes.

So its not necessary for people to become politicians in order to keep the ruling party- and the opposition parties- on their toes.

And so if some groups are just blowing smoke, because they have to, then its still only part of the process. But an enlightened people under a democracy will know when a group's blowing smoke, and when one's doing something of substance and will vote accordingly, let it be through cash, popularity or something else.

But to say that people shouldn't keep politicians in check, just because they are ordinary people, is just wrong and misleading. People ARE supposed to keep politicians and judges in check. That's why there's separation of powers in most democracies. That's why society is part of the system and part of the process.

And that's why democracies like the US, -Canada and the UK as well- has progressed within less than a few hundred years despite some internal turmoil. Compare that to China which has had autocracies since time eternal, and yet after 5000 years, they are still not at the level of the US as yet. And there's still huge corruption and great gaps between the rich and the poor.

A

Alu862

Ah but wait. You see, in other countries, its not just the politicians. After all, sometimes you can't trust politicians to keep themselves accountable. And so the system allows political activism and that allows ordinary people to form NGOs and trade unions et al, to keep politicians on their toes.

So its not necessary for people to become politicians in order to keep the ruling party- and the opposition parties- on their toes.

And so if some groups are just blowing smoke, because they have to, then its still only part of the process. But an enlightened people under a democracy will know when a group's blowing smoke, and when one's doing something of substance and will vote accordingly, let it be through cash, popularity or something else.

But to say that people shouldn't keep politicians in check, just because they are ordinary people, is just wrong and misleading. People ARE supposed to keep politicians and judges in check. That's why there's separation of powers in most democracies. That's why society is part of the system and part of the process.

And that's why democracies like the US, -Canada and the UK as well- has progressed within less than a few hundred years despite some internal turmoil. Compare that to China which has had autocracies since time eternal, and yet after 5000 years, they are still not at the level of the US as yet. And there's still huge corruption and great gaps between the rich and the poor.

China's growth was and is getting afaster thna the US. If Chee wants to check people, he should NOT be in a political party. He has no vision for Singapore except protest.

A

Alu862

Chee is indeed a genius for trying to break PAP's stranglehold on the media.

No one before Chee has done that! That's why there is no need for the ban anyway.

Beyond that Chee has no economic or foreign policy to counter the PAP's. AND D O NOT GIVE THE EXCUSE HE HAS NO RESOURCES

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excuses, excuses for Chee. He writes nothing for the website except showing his personal vendetta against the PAP. Even his trial questions shows that. As i siad, political parties are for policy making, not just blasting away at the other side. Chee has NO VISION for Singapore. He thinks democracy is a magic pill.

I guess its alright for you, an armchair critic, to lambast Dr. Chee and other opposition parties anytime you like.

Quite sadly though, you're a bit like a pot calling the kettle black. After all, you yourself, after criticising Dr. Chee et al, have also offered nothing of substance to change something, or to at least state your position on matters.

Instead you've just criticised Dr. Chee for criticising. And you have lambasted him for having nothing of substance while knowing your lambast itself has nothing of substance. See what I mean?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
China's growth was and is getting afaster thna the US. If Chee wants to check people, he should NOT be in a political party. He has no vision for Singapore except protest.

As a politician, he has the right to check on the ruling party. As I said, the role of a civil society and a democracy is to ensure that all sides check on each other. This means opposition politicians must check on the ruling party's politicians; the people must check on both, through NGOs and unions et al; and the Judges would be there to ensure the law is not abused and applied correctly.

So Dr. Chee still has a role to play, if he wishes, to continue in that style of his. As a democrat, I have no qualms on what he does. I respect his right to continue in that fashion, and only he can say when will he cease. Its not up to us to decide it for him.

A

Alu862

As a politician, he has the right to check on the ruling party. As I said, the role of a civil society and a democracy is to ensure that all sides check on each other. This means opposition politicians must check on the ruling party's politicians; the people must check on both, through NGOs and unions et al; and the Judges would be there to ensure the law is not abused and applied correctly.

So Dr. Chee still has a role to play, if he wishes, to continue in that style of his. As a democrat, I have no qualms on what he does. I respect his right to continue in that fashion, and only he can say when will he cease. Its not up to us to decide it for him.

All Singapore oppositions can do is air the dirty linen of the PAP in public. Beyond that they don't want to form policies which can attract voters

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Singapore oppositions can do is air the dirty linen of the PAP in public. Beyond that they don't want to form policies which can attract voters

Well, when the PAP refuses to be transparent, then perhaps that's what they will get.

If they were more honest with the people and their colleagues from the opposition, then there won't be as many as brickbats.

Again, let me bring up an example: In the 2004 primary election for the US Senate for the state of Illnois, Sen. Obama and most of his primary opponents, including the frontrunner(Obama wasn't the frontrunner up to a week before the primary), had admitted in the past, years before about their drug taking when they were younger. Only one, Blair Hull, didn't admit until one month before the primary.

He subsequently fell into an abyss(in addition to a similar discretion in his private life) because people thought he hadn't been honest, and he was prone to sinning- because he hadn't disclosed it early.

And subsequently, the m&d stuck.

So when politicians aren't open with their stuff- at least professionally- then when people accuse you of impropriety, double standards, and corruption, its gonna stick, because you have behaved evasively.

And besides, only in Singapore, have the lawsuits been won. When LKY subsequently tried his luck against the late Devan Nair in Canada- where he had been in exile- the district civil court threw out LKY's case, and subsequently LKY's appeal.

The PAP lawsuits hold no water in foreign courts- simply because they have no case. All they have is their vendetta. And history will deliver a boomerang, I can guarantee you of that. PAP is not immune to history; they are just as human as anyone of us.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP lawsuits hold no water in foreign courts- simply because they have no case. All they have is their vendetta. And history will deliver a boomerang, I can guarantee you of that. PAP is not immune to history; they are just as human as anyone of us.

Very well put indeed :smile:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has rebuilt the SDP alright, it the party which has seen votes fall and losing seats ever since he took over from Chiam.

Under the mathematical laws of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and the followers of this SDP reCHEEme, ZERO is greater than THREE since they think the reCHEEme's ZERO seats is greater than Chiam's THREE seats.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee merely raised questions of accountability on the governance of S'pore by the govt. Those questions are legitimate questions befitting of an opposition leader.

unfortunatly for some, when u raise any question, u need to back ur question with facts and background. its pointless to raise any question when no one can trace where the question comes from and how its been represented and could be easily dismissed.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
unfortunatly for some, when u raise any question, u need to back ur question with facts and background. its pointless to raise any question when no one can trace where the question comes from and how its been represented and could be easily dismissed.

It is the right of citizens and particularly politicians to raise questions related to how the country is being governed. This is a fundamental right.